Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I miss the days of multiple divisions at each age group and promotion and relegation.

Unfortunately, parents don't want to see local competition and all want to be in the top division even if they don't earn it. It's all about the checkbooks. U.S. Club is just taking advantage of the business of youth soccer. Youth soccer is doomed.
    ccsl does do promotion/relegation. cjsa should follow suit - combine 3 leagues into 1, then have multiple flights. Very easy to do, these leagues are all just nameplates, they don't really serve any use.

Comment

ccsl does do promotion/relegation. cjsa should follow suit - combine 3 leagues into 1, then have multiple flights. Very easy to do, these leagues are all just nameplates, they don't really serve any use.
      Uuuum, have you been around youth soccer in CT for more than two years? Oh, wait, clearly you are a "u12 parent."

Comment

I miss the days of multiple divisions at each age group and promotion and relegation.

Unfortunately, parents don't want to see local competition and all want to be in the top division even if they don't earn it. It's all about the checkbooks. U.S. Club is just taking advantage of the business of youth soccer. Youth soccer is doomed.
        Some of the leagues aren't bad at all. I'm with you on having multiple divisions. I think you could have a very strong in State Division 1 with the NPL teams from CFC, FSA and then top performing teams from other clubs that get promoted up due to their play. Let the teams play their league games in CT and then travel out of state for a few big tournaments. Not every team in CT needs to be traveling all over the Northeast games every weekend, its complete insanity.

I see the need for the very top teams to travel for competition. The ECNL teams in CT are basically what ODP used to be. Its become the destination for the State's top talent. Aside from maybe OW, no one in CT could come close to giving those teams a competitive game especially if its age appropriate.

My kid plays Lax so doing high end club soccer with that travel isn't really an option. I just wish the in State play wasn't such a mess. All of the best kids she grew up with have gravitated towards ECNL and NPL. I still think the NPL teams could play in State in a CJSA "elite" type division. The ECNL teams from what I've seen are definitely bomb squads and it wouldn't be appropriate for them to play locally.

Last but not least, it would be great to have a legit State Cup!

Comment

Uuuum, have you been around youth soccer in CT for more than two years? Oh, wait, clearly you are a "u12 parent."
          have fun on the Titanic, keep moving those deck chairs around, it makes all the difference in the world.

Comment

have fun on the Titanic, keep moving those deck chairs around, it makes all the difference in the world.
            Oh, not me. I'm in the dance band on the Titanic....

Comment

Oh, not me. I'm in the dance band on the Titanic....
              the band knows three songs - premier, elite and elite development.

Comment

Some of the leagues aren't bad at all. I'm with you on having multiple divisions. I think you could have a very strong in State Division 1 with the NPL teams from CFC, FSA and then top performing teams from other clubs that get promoted up due to their play. Let the teams play their league games in CT and then travel out of state for a few big tournaments. Not every team in CT needs to be traveling all over the Northeast games every weekend, its complete insanity.

I see the need for the very top teams to travel for competition. The ECNL teams in CT are basically what ODP used to be. Its become the destination for the State's top talent. Aside from maybe OW, no one in CT could come close to giving those teams a competitive game especially if its age appropriate.

My kid plays Lax so doing high end club soccer with that travel isn't really an option. I just wish the in State play wasn't such a mess. All of the best kids she grew up with have gravitated towards ECNL and NPL. I still think the NPL teams could play in State in a CJSA "elite" type division. The ECNL teams from what I've seen are definitely bomb squads and it wouldn't be appropriate for them to play locally.

NPL teams would hammer CJSA clubs. NPL clubs actually have tryouts where kids get cut.

Comment

Wolves are playing in NEP.
                  Is NEP the Northeast Premier League (NPL) or the New England Premier League (NPL)? Boys or Girls? I didn't see the girls listed on the New England Premier website.

Comment

Is NEP the Northeast Premier League (NPL) or the New England Premier League (NPL)? Boys or Girls? I didn't see the girls listed on the New England Premier website.
                    NPL is the top divison where the United play. The Wolves compete in the Premiership which is the 2nd division.

Comment

They wouldn't be NPL teams if they played in the CJSA.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X