Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #571  
Old 08-12-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
So what I'm hearing on here is Barca is weeks away from having 6 fields on the north shore, Susa with 0 in Central Islip?

Hey, I watched turf fields being built. If you have leveled sand, you will have completed fields in about 3 weeks. It's way faster than you think. Who cares if you use have to use porta potties for a few months, this is soccer not polo. Grow a pair and stop being a P.
Turf does go in fast. The biggest slow down is preparing the site. Even if they don't have all up and running August 30th they likely will not long after. Porta potties not an issue; plenty of facilities have them
Reply With Quote
  #572  
Old 08-12-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It pains me to say this folks!!! I know the area where the KP Facility is going to be built. On Friday I decided to take a trail in the woods to see if I could see the fields. Well I was able to get right on the tree line and I saw about I'd say about 6 football field size lot full of sand. NOTHING ELSE. There were bulldozers pushing around sand but that's it. Some guys standing around about 100 yards from me. A bunch of construction trailers and that's it. If someone can tell me how to load pictures on here then I can show the pics I have. I'm VERY disappointed in my findings!!! Even if they put down 3-4 Turf fields how would they control all the dirt/sand EVERYWHERE! A windy day down there would be a nightmare. So I can guarantee you Barca is searching for fields locally for us to be playing on in a month. Because not everyone will be able to play on NYIT. NOT GOOD!!!!
So basically you trespassed on private property and are admitting it on here.
Leave your name and address here please LOL Smart move buddy.

Once the ground is leveled, it doesn't take long from there.
Reply With Quote
  #573  
Old 08-12-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Turf does go in fast. The biggest slow down is preparing the site. Even if they don't have all up and running August 30th they likely will not long after. Porta potties not an issue; plenty of facilities have them
I am of the opinion that the Kings Park facility is going to do more harm then good for Barça especially if they start off the season elsewhere. If the Nassau families get a taste of an easier commute to a temporary training site early in the season before KP opens it's going to make that rush hour trip feel that much longer. Yes the site is 5 minutes off the Sagitos but it's still the Sagitos.
Reply With Quote
  #574  
Old 08-12-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am of the opinion that the Kings Park facility is going to do more harm then good for Barça especially if they start off the season elsewhere. If the Nassau families get a taste of an easier commute to a temporary training site early in the season before KP opens it's going to make that rush hour trip feel that much longer. Yes the site is 5 minutes off the Sagitos but it's still the Sagitos.
What is wrong with being by the Sag? You realize the clubs with the largest enrollment are on the north shore of Suffolk?
Reply With Quote
  #575  
Old 08-12-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What is wrong with being by the Sag? You realize the clubs with the largest enrollment are on the north shore of Suffolk?
That's fine for the Suffolk families but Barça is also marketing to players in Nassau and Queens and has spoke of bus programs to get the kids in. If they are providing transportation I would have to guess there is a significant amount of families outside of Suffolk.
Reply With Quote
  #576  
Old 08-12-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
So basically you trespassed on private property and are admitting it on here.
Leave your name and address here please LOL Smart move buddy.

Once the ground is leveled, it doesn't take long from there.
Yup and even wore Camouflage pants lol. If you knew the area which obviously you don't the town of smithtown has their sand trucks right next to the fields. So it's easy to access and get a view of everything they are or ARENT doing! And I wish they were dong something!!!
Reply With Quote
  #577  
Old 08-13-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am of the opinion that the Kings Park facility is going to do more harm then good for Barça especially if they start off the season elsewhere. If the Nassau families get a taste of an easier commute to a temporary training site early in the season before KP opens it's going to make that rush hour trip feel that much longer. Yes the site is 5 minutes off the Sagitos but it's still the Sagitos.
They're getting players from all over so some will be more impacted than others. If it's just for a few weeks no big deal. If it goes on longer maybe. But even then families knew the location beforehand when making a decision. Once they start having to do the actual commute and weigh that with what kind of training they're getting ? that's where decisions get made to stay or leave. Until then it's all speculation
Reply With Quote
  #578  
Old 08-13-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
They're getting players from all over so some will be more impacted than others. If it's just for a few weeks no big deal. If it goes on longer maybe. But even then families knew the location beforehand when making a decision. Once they start having to do the actual commute and weigh that with what kind of training they're getting ? that's where decisions get made to stay or leave. Until then it's all speculation
It will be more than a few weeks. It will likely be the entire fall season.
Reply With Quote
  #579  
Old 08-13-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
That's fine for the Suffolk families but Barça is also marketing to players in Nassau and Queens and has spoke of bus programs to get the kids in. If they are providing transportation I would have to guess there is a significant amount of families outside of Suffolk.
Everyone that tried out for and joined Barca knew that the fields would be in Kings Park- This will not change anyone's desire to play for them. I am from Nassau and I will go to training at Kings Park once they are ready

I see there are still pot stirrers out here. Truly Pathetic. Worry about your own club
Reply With Quote
  #580  
Old 08-13-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It will be more than a few weeks. It will likely be the entire fall season.
Begins construction and turf installation expert you would know that with certainty? ?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.