Talking-Soccer.com  
Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript![ ? ]

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Old 07-07-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
This was posted on BOTN today. If they can get a few more clubs it isn't a bad lineup, but registration deadline is very soon

EDP has just released this Press Release.....Registration Deadline is July 15

SIX TOP LONG ISLAND CLUBS COMMIT TO PLAY IN EDP FOR 2017-18

EAST BRUNSWICK, NJ (July 7, 2017) - Six of the top clubs on Long Island have committed to play in EDP for the 2017-18 season and more Long Island clubs are entering each day ahead of the July 15th EDP team registration deadline.

These six top clubs have made the commitment to EDP for the upcoming season: Atletico FC New York; HBC; New York Surf; Smithtown Kickers; SUSA FC; and Long Island Premier FC.

"On the heels of commitments made by these Long Island clubs, we are excited that we have the opportunity to offer a more robust league structure on Long Island starting this fall," said EDP CEO, Alan Shilling. "In addition to these commitments, we continue to receive applications from other Long Island clubs, which will only help reduce travel for a great game every week. We look forward to successfully serving Long Island as we've done in other markets for many years."
Larry is a little slow on the upload
Old 07-07-2017
Unregistered

I emailed Jen. The divisions will fall under the normal EDP Eastern NY registration. Basically LI teams would have the option of choosing EDP LI instead of EDP North. Everyone who wants in will be accepted and they will create as many EDP LI divisions as necessary to handle the number of teams who join.

I'm pretty sure I'm moving all of my clubs NYPL teams over to that to cut down on travel. Not sure what I'm doing with my NYCSL teams yet.
Old 07-07-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
I emailed Jen. The divisions will fall under the normal EDP Eastern NY registration. Basically LI teams would have the option of choosing EDP LI instead of EDP North. Everyone who wants in will be accepted and they will create as many EDP LI divisions as necessary to handle the number of teams who join.

I'm pretty sure I'm moving all of my clubs NYPL teams over to that to cut down on travel. Not sure what I'm doing with my NYCSL teams yet.
So what happens with EDP North?
Old 07-07-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
So what happens with EDP North?
EDP North has a number of teams in it from NYC, Westchester and the surrounding areas. They may be a division smaller without the LI teams but they will survive just fine.
Old 07-07-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
EDP North has a number of teams in it from NYC, Westchester and the surrounding areas. They may be a division smaller without the LI teams but they will survive just fine.
That would be a bummer. It's not that big as it is. Maybe they re-jigger a few other divisions in the process?
Old 07-07-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
That would be a bummer. It's not that big as it is. Maybe they re-jigger a few other divisions in the process?
That was my reason for asking the original question...
Old 07-07-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
I see a lot of "north" divisions in most age groups. At least the middle to younger ones.
Old 07-07-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
I see a lot of "north" divisions in most age groups. At least the middle to younger ones.
I think the point was that the top North Divisions don't have a lot of teams in them. If they lose three to four LI teams, they will have to backfill from lower divisions

As you get older that waters down those top North divisions.
Old 07-07-2017
Unregistered

This is the death of NYPL. This is for intermediate teams.
Old 07-07-2017
Unregistered

Watered down clubs and watered down leagues. Not good.