Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Old 06-06-2017
Unregistered

Default New Red Bulls RDS Regional teams for 2007/2008s

Anyone have an opinion on the new Red Bulls RDS Regional teams. These are not the old RDS classes but a new full year team's playing in EDP. 3 Regions - NJ, Westchester (North) and LI/NYC (South). Idea is you have 2 local practices and 1 in NJ, whereas older red Bulls teams have all practices in NJ. Seems like these are drawing away some real players from the academy clubs younger ages (beachside, FCW, MO etc). Any thoughts?
Old 06-06-2017
Unregistered

They have a team in Westchester? Based where?
Old 06-06-2017
Unregistered

new next year. trains twice a week at Mt Vernon Underdome and one optional at Whippany. Games in NJ. They have already had tryouts for next year but worth watching for future.
Old 06-08-2017
Unregistered

My son went through the tryout process and made the team. I would guess that many of the kids were coming from other higher level pre-academy type teams, as the individual talent level of these kids was off the charts and the competition for a roster spot was extremely tough. If the RedBulls can get these kids to gel as a team, they are going to be a force to be reckoned with. We are eagerly anticipating the start of the season.
Old 06-08-2017
Unregistered

No doubt they'll get good training. Might not be true "DA level", but a big step above what many other local clubs have to offer.
Old 06-09-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My son went through the tryout process and made the team. I would guess that many of the kids were coming from other higher level pre-academy type teams, as the individual talent level of these kids was off the charts and the competition for a roster spot was extremely tough. If the RedBulls can get these kids to gel as a team, they are going to be a force to be reckoned with. We are eagerly anticipating the start of the season.
I was going to say that this was an awesome humble brag until I realized that there was nothing humble about it at all.
Old 06-09-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
I was going to say that this was an awesome humble brag until I realized that there was nothing humble about it at all.
Not meant to brag at all, sorry if you took it that way. The OP asked for opinions, I gave mine as someone who witnessed all three stages of the tryout process.
Old 06-10-2017
Unregistered

The RB's did a test run with the 2005's last year. If initial results are any indication, I would say that they know what they're doing. The RB's state that these teams will serve as a feeder for the RB DA, but that still remains to be seen, although I would see no reason to think otherwise.
Old 07-12-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
The RB's did a test run with the 2005's last year. If initial results are any indication, I would say that they know what they're doing. The RB's state that these teams will serve as a feeder for the RB DA, but that still remains to be seen, although I would see no reason to think otherwise.
Yes 4 or 5 fed into their academy team. Others were told to hit the road after they cashed your checks. Talent will be even more diluted with 3 teams.
Old 08-08-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
Yes 4 or 5 fed into their academy team. Others were told to hit the road after they cashed your checks. Talent will be even more diluted with 3 teams.
8 of the 16 were offered spots in the RB DA and the remaining 8 were placed in other MLS or USSF DA's. So 100% moved on to play DA soccer....I guess that's what you mean by "hitting the road " ?

https://spark.adobe.com/page/etQQm5TgxwBoB/