Talking-Soccer.com  
Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript![ ? ]

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #21  
Old 06-16-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Play on a town team and bank the savings in a 529. Invest in tutors, far more academic aid than scholarship money out there by at least a 10:1 ratio.

VCF looks good but take down the rubbish about path to pro, that's quite misleading.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 06-16-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Play on a town team and bank the savings in a 529. Invest in tutors, far more academic aid than scholarship money out there by at least a 10:1 ratio.

VCF looks good but take down the rubbish about path to pro, that's quite misleading.
there is nothing wrong with instilling hope into young kids..it beats other alternatives. what in your opinion would be an acceptable path to pro...chance? luck? right place and right time scenario? should everyone never talk about pro? there is this underlying stigma about being dishonest about providing a pathway. please elaborate.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 06-16-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
there is nothing wrong with instilling hope into young kids..it beats other alternatives. what in your opinion would be an acceptable path to pro...chance? luck? right place and right time scenario? should everyone never talk about pro? there is this underlying stigma about being dishonest about providing a pathway. please elaborate.
Not the op but it's the same dream they sell in DA - a pro path. Facts are very few kids will every be pro potential. It's just reality. Most families know it and focus on the college goal, not pro soccer or the NT. It's tends to be the younger families who are more vulnerable to sales tactics. They haven't figured it out yet, but they eventually do.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 06-16-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

This club was broke before being bought by a Singapore investor and looked ready for relegation to second division soccer at the beginning of the year.

http://the18.com/soccer-news/valenci...estined-bottom

Not sure why you are so eager to contribute $3000-$4000 a year to help him recoup his horrible investment. Before you all freak out it is $2,000 for just training and one league. Add tournaments and showcases and maybe a winter indoor league and you will easily get over $3000.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 06-16-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
This club was broke before being bought by a Singapore investor and looked ready for relegation to second division soccer at the beginning of the year.

http://the18.com/soccer-news/valenci...estined-bottom

Not sure why you are so eager to contribute $3000-$4000 a year to help him recoup his horrible investment. Before you all freak out it is $2,000 for just training and one league. Add tournaments and showcases and maybe a winter indoor league and you will easily get over $3000.
No diff than any other elite club. Where do you sink your salary? Enquiring minds want to know.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 06-19-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

seems pretty good...they have their ducks in a row so far.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 07-10-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

So far they have only entered some younger boys teams, U7 through U10, in JSS/NYCSL.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 07-10-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

If what I have been told and what I have read is true you will see the older age groups entered in the new Long Island EDP division. Correct me if I'm wrong but that deadline is July 15 so you won't see any of the older age groups posted anywhere until sometime after that.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 07-10-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

What division of EDP will the Long Iland league be?
Edp div. 1, edp div 2, champion , premier?wi
Will it be all the same division?n
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 07-16-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Why is Larry so hateful of Valencia? Makes me want to look at them again.

Anyone a part of them? Know where in "Central Nassau" they are expecting to build a facility? Or is it going to be at Post for a while, which isn't bad, but not what was promoted.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.