Talking-Soccer.com  
Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript![ ? ]

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Old 1 Week Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What is the make up of the Valencia teams. They are a new club. What clubs/teams did kids leave to go there?
Valencia got a lot of boys from the defunct RR adl team in multiple age groups
Old 1 Week Ago
Unregistered

I just looked up the ADL, what happened to all the affiliates? From 11 to 6 in two years? Is NYCFC run that bad, or is there another reason clubs left?
Old 1 Week Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
I just looked up the ADL, what happened to all the affiliates? From 11 to 6 in two years? Is NYCFC run that bad, or is there another reason clubs left?
pretty sure they aged out. if you dont get to go to NYCFC academy, its the end of the road after u12...
Old 1 Week Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
They realized NYCFC was going to take all their top players (and they actually are). Duh. Like no one saw that coming.
Old 1 Week Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
They realized NYCFC was going to take all their top players (and they actually are). Duh. Like no one saw that coming.
I am truly amazed those clubs didn't see that coming. Exactly what's Susa is planning tab commack and Dix Hills for years. I guess they don't see that coming also?
Old 1 Week Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
I am truly amazed those clubs didn't see that coming. Exactly what's Susa is planning tab commack and Dix Hills for years. I guess they don't see that coming also?
I think some were naive. Others thought "if you can't beat them, join them" and that it would be a good marketing tool for them - show they have a pathway. More non MLS clubs now see they have keep all the talent they can will fight tooth and nail to keep them, even if it's not in the the best interest of the player. Also, for some clubs the travel was a lot considering how young the players are
Old 1 Week Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
it wasn't the nycfc. some of the affiliates, such as the rough riders, were run that bad. They were all supposed to field competitive a and b teams from ages 2008 to 2005. The talent gap was too wide and most the games were not competetive. Some affiliates were taken off the stronger teams schedules. A couple affiliates got kicked out. others such as beachside, gottschee, and met oval formed their own new pre DA league with others. The kids didn't age out. until this fall NYCFC only was u15/16 and up. this is their first year at u12 and up.
Old 5 Days Ago
Unregistered

anyone know when the club will be heading overseas to train?
Old 5 Days Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
anyone know when the club will be heading overseas to train?
They typically schedule those trips for spring break.