Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Old 04-14-2017
Unregistered

He really has no influence. My kids play for a club that refuses to give him money, or even acknowledge him as a soccer influence. They have decided to maintain a sense of integrity. I have watched this club grow exponentially over the years. They do not lose players often either. And this is while Larry has bashed this club over and over again.
Old 04-15-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
He really has no influence. My kids play for a club that refuses to give him money, or even acknowledge him as a soccer influence. They have decided to maintain a sense of integrity. I have watched this club grow exponentially over the years. They do not lose players often either. And this is while Larry has bashed this club over and over again.
Why is LM refusing to post anything about the fact that East Meadow sent out an email today to everyone advertising the trials for the LI Soccer DA? It was a major mistake on their part as they committed to ECNL, and now it is very clear that they are involved still in the GDA with LI Soccer Club. ECNL has made it very clear you can not do both
Old 04-15-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
Why is LM refusing to post anything about the fact that East Meadow sent out an email today to everyone advertising the trials for the LI Soccer DA? It was a major mistake on their part as they committed to ECNL, and now it is very clear that they are involved still in the GDA with LI Soccer Club. ECNL has made it very clear you can not do both
A few clubs can and will be doing both. But it's very few and it's questionable how well it will work out. A club would need a substantial pool of resources in terms of fields, coaches and especially players to be able to effectively do both. I don't think that will be the case on LI.
Old 04-15-2017
Unregistered

Another big club in TX has decided to drop out of GDA. Their release is a good read

http://assets.ngin.com/attachments/d...lease_ECNL.pdf
Old 04-15-2017
Unregistered

Quote:

EM is doing the same thing Alby is doing with Fury FC and what WC did by giving theirs to NYCFC.
Old 04-15-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
EM is doing the same thing Alby is doing with Fury FC and what WC did by giving theirs to NYCFC.
But the difference is that Alby and WC both had to disconnect from the DA they were involved with. Both issued statements saying that they were not involved in the GDA. EM just publicly advertised for them. ECNL will not be happy. I suspect they will now give the EM ECNL spot to another club on LI. Perhaps LM knew this would happen after all and his precious Surf finally gets DA
Old 04-15-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
But the difference is that Alby and WC both had to disconnect from the DA they were involved with. Both issued statements saying that they were not involved in the GDA. EM just publicly advertised for them. ECNL will not be happy. I suspect they will now give the EM ECNL spot to another club on LI. Perhaps LM knew this would happen after all and his precious Surf finally gets DA
That sounds ridiculous.
Old 04-15-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
That sounds ridiculous.
What is ridiculous? That EM would do something so stupid, or that Surf gets DA?
Old 04-15-2017
Unregistered

The ECNL clubs that were awarded GDAs have been fielding many inquiries about what is going on with the GDAs.
Old 04-15-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
What is ridiculous? That EM would do something so stupid, or that Surf gets DA?
NY Surf is in absolutely no position to get DA. I'm sure it's their goal like every other club and that's what they are telling you. They have about 6 girls teams over different regions with no full time coaches. There are many more clubs in a better position that still have no shot. And your futsal coach and Surf will mutually part ways in a year. That you can bank.