X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    nope - not kidding
    Based on what? How did you do against Matchfit?

Comment

except for U13
      Not after tryouts they won't

Comment

It seems that Breakers having a south branch makes good sense, in fact long overdue. They have something to offer in NPL and ECNL that does not really exist at this point down here. If you have a quality player, they will be the closest option for training if the player makes it beyond NEP and willing to keep going. Crusaders really only choice now and nowhere to go after NEP team. Could be good move if they can develop and keep them in the club.

Comment

It seems that Breakers having a south branch makes good sense, in fact long overdue. They have something to offer in NPL and ECNL that does not really exist at this point down here. If you have a quality player, they will be the closest option for training if the player makes it beyond NEP and willing to keep going. Crusaders really only choice now and nowhere to go after NEP team. Could be good move if they can develop and keep them in the club.
          Keep dreaming. Nefc regions work to the teeth. They are really connected and it is working. If your top Ecnl teams are not good or competitive what makes you think that another mediocre attempt will help you.

Comment

What are the odds these new teams will field enough kids their first year to be competitive? I am thinking seriously about bringing my child but it would mean not trying out for her 2nd choice club. We are undecided about what to do.

Comment

Can't you read? There are u10's playing up for 11's now. So next year's u11 will be strong.
              You NEFC people are too funny. There is only 1 u10 player on that team. She is from eb and she is a good player. I talked to Allen myself, because I was inquiring about that team, and he himself said and I quote "we are struggling because NEP didn't tell me that they were putting all of the best teams in one division. In the fall they spread them out between two groups. This spring they took the best teams and put them in one group. If I knew that I would of asked to be put in the second group."

Now I respect what he said and appreciate his honesty but this tells me one thing....the coach does not believe his team is "very competitive"

Don't believe me.....ask Allen yourself. He will tell you because I believe he is honest and upfront.

Comment

You NEFC people are too funny. There is only 1 u10 player on that team. She is from eb and she is a good player. I talked to Allen myself, because I was inquiring about that team, and he himself said and I quote "we are struggling because NEP didn't tell me that they were putting all of the best teams in one division. In the fall they spread them out between two groups. This spring they took the best teams and put them in one group. If I knew that I would of asked to be put in the second group."

Now I respect what he said and appreciate his honesty but this tells me one thing....the coach does not believe his team is "very competitive"

Don't believe me.....ask Allen yourself. He will tell you because I believe he is honest and upfront.
                Well that's that I guess

Comment

Clubs shouldn't let players play up especially for girls this age. It weakens the age group and is very dangerous. The height and development difference has started.

Comment

Clubs shouldn't let players play up especially for girls this age. It weakens the age group and is very dangerous. The height and development difference has started.
                    In addition if your team has the misfortune of having to reschedule a game you may well be faced with playing 3 write in players from the top team that is also playing a year up. Some of these coaches are shameless, bring in players for a game that they have plenty of players that actually play on the team in attendance and then use those three for the majority of the game. I would say that not only should clubs not let players play up but the league should have a no teams playing up policy! If all the teams played in the appropriate age group the top section would be very good.

Comment

In addition if your team has the misfortune of having to reschedule a game you may well be faced with playing 3 write in players from the top team that is also playing a year up. Some of these coaches are shameless, bring in players for a game that they have plenty of players that actually play on the team in attendance and then use those three for the majority of the game. I would say that not only should clubs not let players play up but the league should have a no teams playing up policy! If all the teams played in the appropriate age group the top section would be very good.
                      I am not so sure it is the case. I think entitled people who play club to say their children play club soccer are the problem- they water down the level of competition because the clubs take them for their money and have to put them somewhere.

Comment

A lot truth here but the team has more than 1 u10...I know of at least 3. It could be more. Yes those u10 are good but 1 year difference shows when you play at the highest level.

Comment

A lot truth here but the team has more than 1 u10...I know of at least 3. It could be more. Yes those u10 are good but 1 year difference shows when you play at the highest level.
                          And a club should not be playing kids up that are not in the top 5% or so of the age group they are playing up in not the club, but the age group

Comment

And a club should not be playing kids up that are not in the top 5% or so of the age group they are playing up in not the club, but the age group
                            Agree with you. And I just pointed out the fact that there are more than 1.

Comment

Really? That's silly. If a player can contribute, but it's a challenge for him/her, that is the point. I'd say in the top 40%.

Comment

Really? That's silly. If a player can contribute, but it's a challenge for him/her, that is the point. I'd say in the top 40%.
                                Ahhhh this is where parents have it wrong. If your child is playing up in the next age bracket or next two age brackets, the top 40% is not going to do it. It has to be more elite for playing up to work. The top 40% overlaps too much. Find a club that plays the age group up a bracket in a properly weighted division if you are fixed on your kid playing up. Otherwise you end up with a game that is uncomfortable for both teams and the stronger team worried about injuring another team and a waste of time for everyone. Also if you are in the 40% and not the 5% of the entire age group across leagues, you should be playing in your age group as a top tier player. This is one of the reasons the age groups soften.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X