X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breakers Academy South

This is new?

I noticed this morning that Breakers and Scorpions u12 and under now can try out for East, West, and South teams. South truouts taking place at Taunton Forekicks. So it appears Breakers are expanding to include a South section. Wonder who is coaching or running the South.

Comment

Will the South form new teams or are they taking over an existing program?

Comment

What about NEFC South, GPS, and Stars south all playing out of Taunton ... who's making traction and growing over there ...

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          What about NEFC South, GPS, and Stars south all playing out of Taunton ... who's making traction and growing over there ...
          They're all decent. Which age?

Comment

They're all decent. Which age?
            Stars South has three teams, and it looks like they are moving more East.

None of the Stars South teams play in a decent division.

None of the NEFC South teams do either, or at least the one they have is getting killed.

GPS South? Does anyone even care? Just rich people throwing money, no players or teams any good.

It's a ripe facility if someone can sink their claws in. No one has yet.

Comment

None of the NEFC South teams do either, or at least the one they have is getting killed.

GPS South? Does anyone even care? Just rich people throwing money, no players or teams any good.

The division a team plays in is not as important as how a team plays. Winning and competition is only good if the players are learning. Run from the teams that are only dependent on a few players. There are good opportunities from all the clubs that are mentioned, just do your homework.

Comment

Very funny on GPS South. Well played.

FYI on Stars South:
                U11 Boys are in second division and will finish second and make the NEP Final Four. TBD if they move to Premier Division next fall
                U11 Girls are demolishing teams in League I...41 GF and 4 GA...totally misplaced and should be in Championship
                U12 Girls are playing up to U13 in NEP. Currently undefeated, but in Championship Division

So obviously not lighting the world on fire, but not bad for first year program.

Comment

The division a team plays in is not as important as how a team plays. Winning and competition is only good if the players are learning. Run from the teams that are only dependent on a few players. There are good opportunities from all the clubs that are mentioned, just do your homework.
                  I am in that situation with having a few kids be the stars of the team. I have come to same conclusion and am running. Looking at a few of the teams mentioned here.

Comment

Facts straight please.

Nefc South:

G14- NEP Championship, 6-0
                    G13-NEP Premiership 4-3 (top 3)
                    G12- NEP Premiership, Top 2 or 3
                    G11- Playing on top division with some 10's, strong team
                    G10- 5-1

Comment

Facts straight please.

Nefc South:

G14- NEP Championship, 6-0
                      G13-NEP Premiership 4-3 (top 3)
                      G12- NEP Premiership, Top 2 or 3
                      G11- Playing on top division with some 10's, strong team
                      G10- 5-1
                      You sure about that? GU12 is in the NEP Championship (not Premiership). They're in 3rd place. Haven't checked the others.

Comment

You sure about that? GU12 is in the NEP Championship (not Premiership). They're in 3rd place. Haven't checked the others.
                        It could be. You didn't check or you know the rest is true.

Comment

It could be. You didn't check or you know the rest is true.
                          I only checked the U12s. I will say, though, that I've been impressed with Alan Miles. Seems like a good guy who knows a lot about the game. (And, no, I'm not a NEFC parent.)

Comment

So if there are u10 kids playing up, sounds like their u11 team could be quite strong next year.

Comment

Gold

So if there are u10 kids playing up, sounds like their u11 team could be quite strong next year.
                              Nefc South G11 is 0-7 with a -43 goal differential in Premiership...not sure that is strong by any stretch. Perhaps I'm missing something?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X