Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Then who will coach the girls U14 metro south team next year?
    Good question....who will coach the U14G south next year?

Comment

Same coach

Comment

GPS South is definitely the worst of the GPS organization. They have maybe one good boys team and that's it.

Revolving door of directors and coaches, no talent.
        Normally I would call BS on a post like this, but we wasted many years with GPS South. Our kids were happy playing with friends, and we always hoped things would get better year after year (coaches changing, logistical issues, focus on Bulldogs/Renegades). Never did.

We finally left and it was for the best.

Comment

Normally I would call BS on a post like this, but we wasted many years with GPS South. Our kids were happy playing with friends, and we always hoped things would get better year after year (coaches changing, logistical issues, focus on Bulldogs/Renegades). Never did.

We finally left and it was for the best.
          U15 boys are clearly the best team south of Boston, even without the stars who moved up to the NPL team

Comment

U15 boys are clearly the best team south of Boston, even without the stars who moved up to the NPL team
            Really? As much as it pains me to give promotion to CSU, they're U15B are ranked 7th. GPS South are ranked 14th. I know GS points aren't the most reliable, but the differential in points is fairly large (3,000 points). Noreaster U15B are also ranked higher (9th). Not to mention, Scorpions are 3rd. But that's fine, I'm sure in your mind the GPS U15 boys are "clearly the best team south of Boston."

Comment

From what I have seen on the current u10 girls in both Southcoast and Rhode Island. The southeastern tryouts should be very competitive and come out with a strong team going into next year.

Comment

From what I have seen on the current u10 girls in both Southcoast and Rhode Island. The southeastern tryouts should be very competitive and come out with a strong team going into next year.
                .....do you have the correct club? U10 South Coast is not strong. RI I have not seen play so maybe they have some talent there. South Coast not strong.

Comment

The merger to complete and make new Southeast Region, will make quite a few very competitive teams at the younger ages (U10-U12). My daughter's friend went last year, and we're probably moving her there this year.

Comment

The merger to complete and make new Southeast Region, will make quite a few very competitive teams at the younger ages (U10-U12). My daughter's friend went last year, and we're probably moving her there this year.
                    My child played in the South Coast (RI) region last year. You are being misinformed. The younger teams are watered down to get the numbers to make teams. Their best coach just left them mid season. If you are actually a parent do your homework. RI has a few decent coaches but the South Coast is a bunch of town coaches. If you can get one of the few good coaches and you see enough kids show at tryouts, they may be able to make one good team in each young age group. The stars have to align just right for your daughter. Good luck. We learned our lesson and are moving on to a better run organization.

Comment

My child played in the South Coast (RI) region last year. You are being misinformed. The younger teams are watered down to get the numbers to make teams. Their best coach just left them mid season. If you are actually a parent do your homework. RI has a few decent coaches but the South Coast is a bunch of town coaches. If you can get one of the few good coaches and you see enough kids show at tryouts, they may be able to make one good team in each young age group. The stars have to align just right for your daughter. Good luck. We learned our lesson and are moving on to a better run organization.
                      Too, too funny. And so sad.

Comment

Not the OP you were talking about, but you are misinformed. My kid is there and there are not town coaches. And that coach did not leave mid season, he left last week. Stop spreading mid information. And as far as my kid making the top team ... Mine is already on it. It doesn't take stars aligning... it takes soccer talent.

Comment

Not the OP you were talking about, but you are misinformed. My kid is there and there are not town coaches. And that coach did not leave mid season, he left last week. Stop spreading mid information. And as far as my kid making the top team ... Mine is already on it. It doesn't take stars aligning... it takes soccer talent.
                          Honestly, I have no idea what they are talking about.

Must be talking about some other club.

The coach that wasn't popular and wasn't doing a good job, got fired with one weekend left in the season.

Comment

U14G Southest premiere will still be coached by PM.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X