Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It is a cluster fk. I guess LI is bigger and more populous, but we don't have any of the kind of cr*p in westchester AND we have two boys DA academy ... and WC isn't too far.

Why in the world can't LI manage even one? It's the parents i guess ... lower income level? Most of the volunteers in Westchester are professionals and don't let things get out of hand the way they do in LI ... corruption gets caught early.
    Just because I'm a stickler for facts, the median income of Westchester county is a little under $80,000. Suffolk county is $88,000+ and Nassau is $101,000+.

So when you said "lower income level", did you mean the lower income level in Westchester meant the parents were inherently more complacent and willing to settle for less without any hoopla?

Comment

So why can't you manage to have even one DA? And why are people seemingly always ripping into each other?

Name one, just 1, where some parent from port chester is ripping the kids from harrison or new rochelle. Just isn't done here. Something about LI ...
      You're kidding, right. Walk 5 feet anywhere on LI and you have a quality female soccer player. Westchester? Ask Surf how that's worked out with the C and D level players from their old WSC, Scarsdale, etc. Please don't compare Breyers to Waldbaums ice cream....

Comment

You're kidding, right. Walk 5 feet anywhere on LI and you have a quality female soccer player. Westchester? Ask Surf how that's worked out with the C and D level players from their old WSC, Scarsdale, etc. Please don't compare Breyers to Waldbaums ice cream....
        not the OP...but Breyer's is 'ok'...Waldbaums got liquidated with the A & P sale about 2 years ago. your freezer must be very good. I like some friendly's ice cream. i usually buy what is on sale. but yes, i think Breyer's is in the top 3.

Comment

Surf was always bottom picking in Westchester. WSC started up as a place for the surf pres's daughter to play.

I'm not commenting on the quality of players, just the bitching and constant attacking you see by LI parents of boys soccer players. You really don't see that here.

I apologize about the lower income level. It's not really about money but how you've been raised. It's just different here - the way people treat each other. We may ultimately be more evil and corrupt but it doesn't come up at soccer games. I think CT is probably even more genteel and southern-charm like.

Comment

Surf was always bottom picking in Westchester. WSC started up as a place for the surf pres's daughter to play.

I'm not commenting on the quality of players, just the bitching and constant attacking you see by LI parents of boys soccer players. You really don't see that here.

I apologize about the lower income level. It's not really about money but how you've been raised. It's just different here - the way people treat each other. We may ultimately be more evil and corrupt but it doesn't come up at soccer games. I think CT is probably even more genteel and southern-charm like.
            Oh my! Connecticut is full of back stabbing b1tches who complain about everything and move their sons to new clubs every time they change their underwear! Makes Long Island MILFs look like a bunch of kittens.

Why is it parents of the girls are so much calmer? At least in my experience.

Comment

Oh my! Connecticut is full of back stabbing b1tches who complain about everything and move their sons to new clubs every time they change their underwear! Makes Long Island MILFs look like a bunch of kittens.

Why is it parents of the girls are so much calmer? At least in my experience.
              As a parent of both boys and girls, I would say girls parents are the worst. Majority of the girls parents never played soccer before. They are uneducated about soccer but that doesn't stop the barrage of complaints

Comment

LOL NEW Rochelle ??? That's straight up ghetto hood area. I wouldn't even stop there for gas.
                You're both bigoted and desperately wrong.

Comment

excellent point.

Comment

KK Atletico lost a ton of players and some complete teams after sending 7 teams to the state finals in NY Cup. They are considering merging with a bankrupt Sachem club in desperation.

Sachem is on complete life support whether or not this KK deal goes through.

Smithtown has been on a downward slide that seems to be accelerating.

SUSA lost a good third of it's players and is replacing them with the walking dead. Commack has clawed back a bunch of teams.

Lake Grove is just realizing it has about half the players it thought it had.

Surf is in a civil war with one of it's big name acquisitions (DV) and failed to create new homegrown teams again. And it's HS Tournament is failing and the Surf Cup never got off the drawing board.

FC Barcelona has made great progress as a startup but is still short players on a lot of it's teams.

Albertson, East Meadow and Massapequa are being drawn into LISC and FC Fury GDA mess. And now Brentwood decided to get in on the fun now that they have driven away even more in-house teams to other clubs.

Stony Brook left Rush for Surf and now has largely abandoned Surf. In the meantime their numbers continue to shrink and they are losing a quarter of their fields.
                    Where did all the players who left these clubs go?

Comment

Where did all the players who left these clubs go?
                      FC Barca and Valencia as startup clubs took players from all of these others.

GDA startups LISC and FC Fury took players from many of these others. And in turn the East Meadow's, Massapequa's and Smithtown's of the world had openings on their ECNL and NPL teams to fill and they pulled from others too.

Commack took back many of it's players that had gone to SUSA last year and formed new Commack branded teams.

A lot of kids hedged their bets last year with the age group changes and the massive expansion of the expensive trainer driven programs like SUSA, Surf, etc and played both for the expensive club teams and their old town teams. After a year of running around like lunatics many have decided to play for just one or the other this coming year.

Comment

FC Barca and Valencia as startup clubs took players from all of these others.

GDA startups LISC and FC Fury took players from many of these others. And in turn the East Meadow's, Massapequa's and Smithtown's of the world had openings on their ECNL and NPL teams to fill and they pulled from others too.

Commack took back many of it's players that had gone to SUSA last year and formed new Commack branded teams.

A lot of kids hedged their bets last year with the age group changes and the massive expansion of the expensive trainer driven programs like SUSA, Surf, etc and played both for the expensive club teams and their old town teams. After a year of running around like lunatics many have decided to play for just one or the other this coming year.
                        I know many in the last group.

Comment

I know many in the last group.
                          Me too.

Comment

Me too.
                            I'm going to give that a shot this coming season. Luckily both clubs are close for me.

Comment

Money grab. Case in point; I called a club that my (2009) son wants to play for because a few of his teammates went there, they asked if they can evaluate him this week. I answered, "we are away this week, but he was teammates with xx and xy, and wants to join their team. He is good, and so is my check." Well, how about that. He's now playing on FCB's red team next season, he's happy.
                              That's because his is a 2009 - really soccer superstars at that age! Most academies have a no-cut at that age!

Comment

That's because his is a 2009 - really soccer superstars at that age! Most academies have a no-cut at that age!
                                That's honestly false. There is absolutely cuts for 2009 and even 2010. Town teams start A and B teams at U9 which is 2009 now. They all have try-outs with cuts. You can notice talent at a young age. Then you can start sculpting that player to be Very talented. That's why there's Travel teams and youth teams at 7 yrs old.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X