X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Ok dad, we love your boys too
    LOL funny this is one of their dads and I am not writing this crap. And the other father could care less what is written here. You can look back and see I always say team sport. The biggest problem with the Titusville team is the coach and strategy while playing the stronger teams in the county. There is plenty of defensive talent on this team to stop the scoring. But then you have to figure out who do you use to attack. As said before High school is a fun outlet.

Comment

LOL funny this is one of their dads and I am not writing this crap. And the other father could care less what is written here. You can look back and see I always say team sport. The biggest problem with the Titusville team is the coach and strategy while playing the stronger teams in the county. There is plenty of defensive talent on this team to stop the scoring. But then you have to figure out who do you use to attack. As said before High school is a fun outlet.
      I agree with what you say. Titusville HS has about as much talent as all of the better HS teams in the county with exception of Melbourne. The difference is coaching. What I think annoyed a lot of followers of this thread was the over zealousness of probably only a couple guys at Titusville who have so drank the ECNL koolaide that they were predicting state championship and can't believe there are probably at least 10-15 boys across all high school ages in central and south brevard talented enough to play on an ECNL team had they chosen to drive to Orlando. They want to feel their kid is special & exceptional and if there are other good players in Brevard other than a few in Titusville, then they feel less special. Of course it is stupid and makes no sense to believe an area with 45,000 population has a monopoly on talent above the rest of the county with 550,000 population, but that is the mentality. These guys can't seem to grasp that in Titusville you have to travel. You can choose to travel to Melbourne and play FSPL/NPl or you can choose to drive to Orlando and play in a better league with improved opportunities to be recruited. If you live in Central or south Brevard the choice becomes between a short drive to a pretty good team and play with the Brevard kids or a long drive to Orlando. What is a pretty obvious choice for a talented Titusville kid is less obvious to a Melbourne kid who has other pretty good local options. The people trying to explain this to these knuckleheads are not saying the Titusville boys are not good players, only that they are not the only good players in a county of 600,000 people.

Comment

I agree with what you say. Titusville HS has about as much talent as all of the better HS teams in the county with exception of Melbourne. The difference is coaching. What I think annoyed a lot of followers of this thread was the over zealousness of probably only a couple guys at Titusville who have so drank the ECNL koolaide that they were predicting state championship and can't believe there are probably at least 10-15 boys across all high school ages in central and south brevard talented enough to play on an ECNL team had they chosen to drive to Orlando. They want to feel their kid is special & exceptional and if there are other good players in Brevard other than a few in Titusville, then they feel less special. Of course it is stupid and makes no sense to believe an area with 45,000 population has a monopoly on talent above the rest of the county with 550,000 population, but that is the mentality. These guys can't seem to grasp that in Titusville you have to travel. You can choose to travel to Melbourne and play FSPL/NPl or you can choose to drive to Orlando and play in a better league with improved opportunities to be recruited. If you live in Central or south Brevard the choice becomes between a short drive to a pretty good team and play with the Brevard kids or a long drive to Orlando. What is a pretty obvious choice for a talented Titusville kid is less obvious to a Melbourne kid who has other pretty good local options. The people trying to explain this to these knuckleheads are not saying the Titusville boys are not good players, only that they are not the only good players in a county of 600,000 people.
        Population has nothing to do with it, it's where the players try to show their talents. Most South and Central brevard players will go to space coast to ruin their talent. North Brevard players have the opportunity to grow their talent elsewhere and actually have the chance to turn into a good player.

Comment

Titusville 1-1 Merritt Island
          Melbourne 1-1 Viera

Comment

Viera vs Melbourne. keepers on each team played excellent. Not a great game by either team. ball was in the air more than would have expected. Overall Melbourne has a very strong offense but Viera has a strong defense. Melbournes defense looked weak but Viera's offense looked weaker. there were many fouls called throughout the game and there were a lot of stops for throw ins, goal kicks and/or injuries. neither team ever really got into a flow. I think Melbourne had 2 free kicks from right outside the box that were rocket shots and were just a couple inches away from being goals. And to add a little controversy it looked like a PK should have been called with minutes left in the game against Melbourne. Pretty much even game with parents from each side leaving thinking their team should have won. Melbourne had One of (if not the top) offensive player only play the first half , which I'm assuming was due to injury. Viera still missing 5 of their better players Wasn't a dirty game but a lot of ticky tack fouls , mostly two player going up for headers. Both teams looked like they were playing to Not lose vs winning.

Comment

Viera vs Melbourne. keepers on each team played excellent. Not a great game by either team. ball was in the air more than would have expected. Overall Melbourne has a very strong offense but Viera has a strong defense. Melbournes defense looked weak but Viera's offense looked weaker. there were many fouls called throughout the game and there were a lot of stops for throw ins, goal kicks and/or injuries. neither team ever really got into a flow. I think Melbourne had 2 free kicks from right outside the box that were rocket shots and were just a couple inches away from being goals. And to add a little controversy it looked like a PK should have been called with minutes left in the game against Melbourne. Pretty much even game with parents from each side leaving thinking their team should have won. Melbourne had One of (if not the top) offensive player only play the first half , which I'm assuming was due to injury. Viera still missing 5 of their better players Wasn't a dirty game but a lot of ticky tack fouls , mostly two player going up for headers. Both teams looked like they were playing to Not lose vs winning.
              Agreed. Every time these teams play against each other it is scrappy and an ugly game. At the end of the day, it is high school ball so you can’t expect any team to be great at moving the ball and keeping it on the ground. Especially on a narrow field like Viera’s.

Comment

MI looked pretty funny with 3 people chasing KJ all over the field last night.

Comment

MI looked pretty funny with 3 people chasing KJ all over the field last night.
                  If they had 3 players chasing 1 all night then you should have had 2 other players wide open. how come wide open players couldn't score more than 1 goal?

Comment

If they had 3 players chasing 1 all night then you should have had 2 other players wide open. how come wide open players couldn't score more than 1 goal?
                    And the one goal was on a mistake... Seems there is some ridiculous excuse every game for why the great Titusville can't score. MI was attacking entire first half with many shots and should have scored at least one more, probably 2 more. In second half game was much more even. I would say Titusville had slight edge in second half. Not sure I understand why MI played most of 2nd half with many of best players on bench, but was a good game nevertheless. Titusville has some good players.

Comment

Population has nothing to do with it, it's where the players try to show their talents. Most South and Central brevard players will go to space coast to ruin their talent. North Brevard players have the opportunity to grow their talent elsewhere and actually have the chance to turn into a good player.
                      What a dumb comment. I am certainly not a fan of SCU, but lets make it clear one more time. Titusville has a few good players proportionate to their population base. There are many players as good and better around the county. Lets look at it this way. Make two club all-star teams right now at every age. One of players hailing from Titusville, the other players from central & South Brevard. Titusville will get slaughtered in every age group. Again this is not knock on the Titusville kids. Just the reality of numbers. Same as if an All-Brevard All-Star team played against an All-Orlando All-Star team. Brevard gets slaughtered in every age group if both regions somehow get all of there best players on one team. It is simply a matter of population numbers. Only a fool can't understand that.

Comment

Agreed. Every time these teams play against each other it is scrappy and an ugly game. At the end of the day, it is high school ball so you can’t expect any team to be great at moving the ball and keeping it on the ground. Especially on a narrow field like Viera’s.
                        Lets face it. It is not just ugly when Melbourne plays Viera. It is ugly when any good team plays Viera. Just the way Viera plays. Not great sports and never a pretty game.

Comment

What a dumb comment. I am certainly not a fan of SCU, but lets make it clear one more time. Titusville has a few good players proportionate to their population base. There are many players as good and better around the county. Lets look at it this way. Make two club all-star teams right now at every age. One of players hailing from Titusville, the other players from central & South Brevard. Titusville will get slaughtered in every age group. Again this is not knock on the Titusville kids. Just the reality of numbers. Same as if an All-Brevard All-Star team played against an All-Orlando All-Star team. Brevard gets slaughtered in every age group if both regions somehow get all of there best players on one team. It is simply a matter of population numbers. Only a fool can't understand that.
                          If you want to put in population numbers then the US should be one of the best soccer countries in the world! However it is our development that hurts us, which is the same point that I am making here.

Comment

If you want to put in population numbers then the US should be one of the best soccer countries in the world! However it is our development that hurts us, which is the same point that I am making here.
                            So you believe Titusville players going to Orlando has given them development advantages that make them better than the rest of the county. So I take it your position is All-Star teams at each age of best players from Titusville could defeat All-Stars teams at each age comprised of best players from rest of the county (due to Titusville's superior development). If you really believe that you are completely irrational and there is no point in arguing. But feel free to keep drinking the Kool aide.

Comment

And the point is that development in the rest of Brevard and the rest of US stinks, but the Titusville kids are getting good development in Orlando. It think I am beginning to understand! Titusville kids really must be superior soccer players! Now I am not trying to compare HS to club, but why has this Titusville development advantage not translated into perennially good high school teams and state championship runs like we have seen at Mel high and MI? Just trying to understand. I am learning so much...

Comment

Talking Soccer is a great learning environment. For retards

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X