Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should a coach threaten young players?

My daughter's team was asked to visit their "little sister" team tonight. The team (10-11 year old girls) were told that if they didn't do future written assignments correctly, they would be made to sit and watch while he made the rest of the team run until "at least four of them puked"

This seems really abusive for girls at such a young age and potentially traumatizing just to suggest this. Discovered later that some of the girls were really upset, and that the same coach made his team walk off the field after coming in second at their tournament and had to skip their awards. Other verbally abusive comments have been made as well.

Not our team, but our coach is the DOC and was in the meeting. As a parent, I'm concerned, but don't want it to effect my daughter since we are new to the club. Who should this be addressed with if the DOC was standing their and did nothing? They are an NPL team. Thanks for the advice.

Sorry to read this post an hour or two after you posted. The OBVIOUS ANSWER is pull her from the team. this wont end good.

Comment

What club? That also helps in determining what you can do.

At fesa, you cannot do anything but enjoy the ride. That is Bubbs M.O., so don't complain to him. Bubb has the board in his back pocket, so do not complain to them either. Have fun!!!

Comment

Are you really asking this? Come on dude.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          My daughter's team was asked to visit their "little sister" team tonight. The team (10-11 year old girls) were told that if they didn't do future written assignments correctly, they would be made to sit and watch while he made the rest of the team run until "at least four of them puked"

This seems really abusive for girls at such a young age and potentially traumatizing just to suggest this. Discovered later that some of the girls were really upset, and that the same coach made his team walk off the field after coming in second at their tournament and had to skip their awards. Other verbally abusive comments have been made as well.

Not our team, but our coach is the DOC and was in the meeting. As a parent, I'm concerned, but don't want it to effect my daughter since we are new to the club. Who should this be addressed with if the DOC was standing their and did nothing? They are an NPL team. Thanks for the advice.
          Sounds like a situation at the FESA tournament but was an opposing club team who lost close one. Probably pissed because FESA rigged the game with extra-paid refs, if you know what I mean. Like they do.

Comment

What club? That also helps in determining what you can do.

At fesa, you cannot do anything but enjoy the ride. That is Bubbs M.O., so don't complain to him. Bubb has the board in his back pocket, so do not complain to them either. Have fun!!!
            The club is Rush, but we're not on this team.

Comment

Sounds like a situation at the FESA tournament but was an opposing club team who lost close one. Probably pissed because FESA rigged the game with extra-paid refs, if you know what I mean. Like they do.
              OK FESA haters. I'm putting you out there with the old Boca United psychos. Take some of that energy and put it towards something productive.

Comment

OK FESA haters. I'm putting you out there with the old Boca United psychos. Take some of that energy and put it towards something productive.
                the fesa haters can stop. Looks like the Rush team played FKK, not fesa. You really have to wonder how a DOC allows that. Parents on that team need to step in.

Comment

Walk away if you can.

No excuse for that at all.

Comment

1) Walk out of an award they earned? No, not ok (although I know a parent that did that to their own child). It's a dumb tournament and the kids know they didn't win. If the coach has tactics he wants to address that he saw at the event, do it in a constructive manner in a post-game meeting or practice, rather than walk away like a toddler.

2) Threaten 10-11 year olds to run until they puke? Absolutely not ok. That's high school coach nonsense. If he wants them to work on fitness give them a plan to work on at home. But they're still 9v9 with shorter games so I question the need for excessive running.

3) Not your place to say anything; it isn't your kids' team. It's possible he is disciplined and he changes. If so, ok. But if he's allowed to stay and continue his behavior? I'd be very observant about what is going on with your child's team/coach. If a DOC lets one coach behave that way, others can too.

Comment

The problem is that the system will not pay attention at any coach claim. Ex Director at Weston FC Victor Pastora and coach of U19DA allowed and coverup hazing/rape/drinking on his farewell 🇨🇴 trip. He was awarded a coaching position at Inter Miami. So you do the math. Parents that spoke are banned from Weston FC.
                      Plus, they search your VPN’s phone and hunt you down. So is a waste of time. If you feel unsafe, move to another team, god luck.

Comment

The problem is that the system will not pay attention at any coach claim. Ex Director at Weston FC Victor Pastora and coach of U19DA allowed and coverup hazing/rape/drinking on his farewell ���� trip. He was awarded a coaching position at Inter Miami. So you do the math. Parents that spoke are banned from Weston FC.
                        Plus, they search your VPN’s phone and hunt you down. So is a waste of time. If you feel unsafe, move to another team, god luck.
                        One bad example (much of it heresay) isn't representative of all clubs. Certainly be on the lookout with your kids' own coach and how bad coaches are handled at your club. But most times bad coaches don't last.

Comment

One bad example (much of it heresay) isn't representative of all clubs. Certainly be on the lookout with your kids' own coach and how bad coaches are handled at your club. But most times bad coaches don't last.
                          When all organizations from soccer with evidence from parents and players decide to keep a bad coach, it is an example that coaches are not afraid of that behavior because of no consequences. Safe Sport, FYSA, US Soccer Da all organizations had several and formal complaints and did nothing.

Comment

Nope since I was in that trip to Colombia, is all true

Comment

Nope since I was in that trip to Colombia, is all true
                              ok anonymous poster

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X