Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Sounds like you are taking all this a little too seriously. Is your kid having fun? If so then great. If not find a team she will be happy on. Stop over analyzing youth soccer so much.
    Exactly or find a new team/club or puck a different sport or other enrichment activity like theatre, band, art...plenty out there.

Comment

94th in the country means this team is basically a very good rec team - most of the NE ECNL teams that we play are ranked ahead of us.

Lets look at some numbers:

The average D1 scholarship for women's soccer is approximately $17,000 year or $68,000 over 4 years of college.

Between U12 and U14, you will spend around $10K a year, which includes travel on ECNL soccer, between U15 and U18, you will likely spend closer to $15K a year for ECNL soccer, for a total of $90,000 over 7 years.

Even if your kid is the best of the best, playing on the best ECNL team, it seems like loser math to me - spend approximately $90,000 over 7 years for your kid to have a chance at getting approximately $68,000 in scholarship money.

Now factor in that your kid isn't the best of the best, and your kid is playing on one of the worst ECNL teams in the country, for one of the worst ECNL clubs in the country, with virtually no record of placing D1 players except for a few at St. Joes.

Do you really think your kid is going to buck the odds and come out on top and beat the averages? Do you think it is really going to happen while playing for a team coached by an unqualified dad? Do you really think it is going to happen while playing for a coach who offers ZERO feedback? Do you really think it is going to happen while training 1.5x a week, while everyone else is training 2-3 times a week?
      Read the PDA thread. Even those kids seek out additional training.

Comment

94th in the country means this team is basically a very good rec team - most of the NE ECNL teams that we play are ranked ahead of us.

The average D1 scholarship for women's soccer is approximately $17,000 year or $68,000 over 4 years of college.

Between U12 and U14, you will spend around $10K a year, which includes travel on ECNL soccer, between U15 and U18, you will likely spend closer to $15K a year for ECNL soccer, for a total of $90,000 over 7 years.

Even if your kid is the best of the best, playing on the best ECNL team, it seems like loser math to me - spend approximately $90,000 over 7 years for your kid to have a chance at getting approximately $68,000 in scholarship money.

Now factor in that your kid isn't the best of the best, and your kid is playing on one of the worst ECNL teams in the country, for one of the worst ECNL clubs in the country, with virtually no record of placing D1 players except for a few at St. Joes.

Do you really think your kid is going to buck the odds and come out on top and beat the averages? Do you think it is really going to happen while playing for a team coached by an unqualified dad? Do you really think it is going to happen while playing for a coach who offers ZERO feedback? Do you really think it is going to happen while training 1.5x a week, while everyone else is training 2-3 times a week?
        Then don’t do ecnl.
        Why do you care what other people do? I’m sure many do think they will come out on top. They definitely might. I think a lot will. Not sure why you care though.

Comment

Read the PDA thread. Even those kids seek out additional training.
          Most kids that are serious about his/her sport, no matter what it is, attends add'l training.

Comment

I love how butthurt you get about this team. Your long winded posts show how butthurt you really are about this team and ecnl. I love reading your posts.

Comment

Exactly or find a new team/club or puck a different sport or other enrichment activity like theatre, band, art...plenty out there.
              Not taking it seriously at all just painting a realistic picture and in fact I’m quite happy with the quality and quantity of training because my kids goal is not college soccer. It’s actually the perfect low level of commitment but still being a good competitive team for her. Not sure why you have to get so defensive. I was just laying out a realistic scenario that some people are very happy because their kid doesn’t want college soccer, only to play high school.

Comment

Then don’t do ecnl.
                Why do you care what other people do? I’m sure many do think they will come out on top. They definitely might. I think a lot will. Not sure why you care though.
                or . . .perhaps FC Bucks can offer real ECNL soccer - offer what they promise - not a watered down version of it that is sub par to virtually all other ECNL programs in the nation.

Comment

I love how butthurt you get about this team. Your long winded posts show how butthurt you really are about this team and ecnl. I love reading your posts.
                  I know. To be this upset for this long is amazing. Butthurt is putting it lightly.

Comment

I know. To be this upset for this long is amazing. Butthurt is putting it lightly.
                    at it again today, chump? defending the team and the club all day every day including christmas and new year.

does your butt hurt?

Comment

You mean the type of butthurt that compels you to respond within minutes to every little comment that a random stranger on the internet makes and that you take as a negative about this team.

Comment

As much as you love not going to your daughter's games? I wouldn't go there, Missy.

Comment

Lol yeah! He keeps me reading too. He definitely cries himself to sleep every night about youth soccer and ecnl. Dreams about “brd’s” and “fair and open tryouts”.

Keep the laughs coming.

Comment

The parents on this team can NEVER debate the facts. It's like they all go in to a tizzy when someone posts a real issue or concern. It's tiresome reading responses dosed with insults as if they all are pre adolescent children not being mature enough to speak to the facts. We all get it that most of you are indebted to your dad coach for pulling strings to keep all your kiddos together year after year. But, when it so obvious to any outsider that this is the case, your kids' team's reputation just suffers even more.

Comment

Lol yeah! He keeps me reading too. He definitely cries himself to sleep every night about youth soccer and ecnl. Dreams about “brd’s” and “fair and open tryouts”.

Keep the laughs coming.
                              And this is what I mean. You can't dispute the facts, so you behave like a bully on the playground. And your kid's team reputation is trash because of this.

Did your kid have a fair tryout? It's apparent that you don't care that others did not.

I would suggest you stop with the insults.

Comment

And this is what I mean. You can't dispute the facts, so you behave like a bully on the playground. And your kid's team reputation is trash because of this.

Did your kid have a fair tryout? It's apparent that you don't care that others did not.

I would suggest you stop with the insults.
                                Pot meet kettle. You are the king of bully’s. If anyone doesn’t trash the RL team or ecnl teams then you jump all over them. You hate these teams and coaches. Most do not.

I suggest YOU stop with the insults on here.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X