Eau Gallie 0

Rockledge 2
            Cocoa 1

Game of the night

Space Coast 2
            Astronaut 0
            Melbourne 5-1 Edgewood

Comment

The Titusville Viera game was the most boring game I have ever watched. Long ball after long ball, but honestly viera looked worse. They somehow slotted two in due to poor defending. Neither team should’ve won.

Comment

Been following this thread. reinforces my feelings that sports would be better if parents just stayed home and let their kids enjoy their own experiences.
                I'm sure you all feel your kids are superior soccer players and they need to play at these highest levels. High school soccer shouldn't be compared to any club, Ecnl, or Da because it is different. it is multiple age group from 8th graders (from the choice schools) to 12th graders. and it is largely based on where you live, you can't just decide you want to play Rockledge soccer if you live in Eau Gallie (yes I know they tend to do this for football). In some cases you could have a team that is made up of almost all club players vs a team with zero. but it is a chance for kids to play in front of their friends and in many cases with their friends that may be playing a year up due to birth year or because their friend is on an A team vs B team.
                The goal for our kids should be that they are playing with and against players of similar abilities. In high school this is not always the case. In club it also is not always the case. IMO there are too many clubs in Brevard. If there was one major club (let's call it Brevard United) they could have multiple teams in every age group. they could then have it that all other clubs can be REC feeder programs for the people that don't want to commute for more than 4 miles to practice. you can label the top team whatever you want D1, NPL, ECNL, it's all just another label to create the platform for players to play with and against players of similar abilites. The problem with Brevard is that every club has 5 to 6 players that are very good players. but it seems every team lacks something whether a legit striker or a quality attacking mid. As soon as they put subs in ,, forget about it , quality drops signifigantly.
                The top 3 players on just about any of the club teams are as good an any Ecnl player and would make the teams if their parents were willing to make the drive. The difference is that the Ecnl teams are typically strong from top to bottom including their bench players. SCU starts ECNL next year for the boys. just by calling them ECNL will not make them automatically better , it is just a label. and it is natural for the first couple years they will probably be a bottom tier team.... this happens with every club that goes ECNL. When ECNL was just a girls platform it was superior to club because it was their version of DA and it is run exceptionally well. when they rolled out to the boys they just took the ECNL girls clubs and gave them a boys team. in most cases the boys program was weak and they largely weren't even top NPL teams. But in time if they can convince parents that it is better than it eventually will be. I think it will because of what I read on here with all the parents thinking it is better. So for SCU to be successful, kids that drive to Palm beach or to Orlando city or to FKK, or parents that didn't like SCU, because the coach didn't treat your kid like the primadonna that you think they are. And SCU must be willing to leave an existing player off the roster if a new better player from wherever tried out. If they were all to play for one club then Brevard would put out competitive teams at the higher levels.
                what won't work is that if your kid is the 8th best player on your current team and starts every game, most parents won't accept that their kid might not make the ECNL team and if they do they likely will be a sub.
                From what I've seen so far is when the ECNL players in Brevard play low level teams they look like super stars but when they go head to head with the better club players they get completely shut down. so there is obviously not any difference between the ECNL players and the top club players in Brevard. The only player I have seen that stood out as being much better than anyone else was the kid that went to Space Coast high that now goes to EFSC. (he was good enough to play somewhere else, he chose to be at EFSC).

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                  The Titusville Viera game was the most boring game I have ever watched. Long ball after long ball, but honestly viera looked worse. They somehow slotted two in due to poor defending. Neither team should’ve won.

you should have the mother of the 3 boys post the video she taped of the whole game on youtube so people can see how bad Titusville was. I don't think they connected 3 passes all night. I think they only had one shot on frame the entire night. You call it boring because Viera schooled them. it wasn't long ball after long ball, it was playing the ball back to their keeper , out to the defender, back to their keeper. Titusville wasn't pressing so Viera just kept passing ball around in there backfield. Titusville did nothing offensively. no need to debate watch the video and count how many passes strung together by each team. Titusville wasn't doing long ball they were playing kick ball because their back line panics under pressure. their forwards barely touched the ball all night.

Comment

Depends on definition of ugly. Viera controlled the ball the whole game. There were many good connections on passing. Spacing was solid. Titusville did play long ball. Titusville was unable to penetrate Viera defense

Comment

Melbourne 4-0 West Shore. WS looked rough
                      WS: Young team, not physically imposing - possibly due to younger average age, and plagued with injuries. Rough season for them all the way around.

Comment

Depends on definition of ugly. Viera controlled the ball the whole game. There were many good connections on passing. Spacing was solid. Titusville did play long ball. Titusville was unable to penetrate Viera defense
                        Viera just has a better team overall, a few top players in brevard wont do anything when most of the team is below average. This is what most people dont understand about why Titusville is sucking so bad against top teams.

Comment

Titusville struggles against well coached teams. They try to send it over the top to one guy all night. No one will beat double and triple teams all night. They don't move well off the ball, They don't play as a team, To many kids trying to be a star or worried about being a player of the game and not the result on the scoreboard.

Comment

Been following this thread. reinforces my feelings that sports would be better if parents just stayed home and let their kids enjoy their own experiences.
                            I'm sure you all feel your kids are superior soccer players and they need to play at these highest levels. High school soccer shouldn't be compared to any club, Ecnl, or Da because it is different. it is multiple age group from 8th graders (from the choice schools) to 12th graders. and it is largely based on where you live, you can't just decide you want to play Rockledge soccer if you live in Eau Gallie (yes I know they tend to do this for football). In some cases you could have a team that is made up of almost all club players vs a team with zero. but it is a chance for kids to play in front of their friends and in many cases with their friends that may be playing a year up due to birth year or because their friend is on an A team vs B team.
                            The goal for our kids should be that they are playing with and against players of similar abilities. In high school this is not always the case. In club it also is not always the case. IMO there are too many clubs in Brevard. If there was one major club (let's call it Brevard United) they could have multiple teams in every age group. they could then have it that all other clubs can be REC feeder programs for the people that don't want to commute for more than 4 miles to practice. you can label the top team whatever you want D1, NPL, ECNL, it's all just another label to create the platform for players to play with and against players of similar abilites. The problem with Brevard is that every club has 5 to 6 players that are very good players. but it seems every team lacks something whether a legit striker or a quality attacking mid. As soon as they put subs in ,, forget about it , quality drops signifigantly.
                            The top 3 players on just about any of the club teams are as good an any Ecnl player and would make the teams if their parents were willing to make the drive. The difference is that the Ecnl teams are typically strong from top to bottom including their bench players. SCU starts ECNL next year for the boys. just by calling them ECNL will not make them automatically better , it is just a label. and it is natural for the first couple years they will probably be a bottom tier team.... this happens with every club that goes ECNL. When ECNL was just a girls platform it was superior to club because it was their version of DA and it is run exceptionally well. when they rolled out to the boys they just took the ECNL girls clubs and gave them a boys team. in most cases the boys program was weak and they largely weren't even top NPL teams. But in time if they can convince parents that it is better than it eventually will be. I think it will because of what I read on here with all the parents thinking it is better. So for SCU to be successful, kids that drive to Palm beach or to Orlando city or to FKK, or parents that didn't like SCU, because the coach didn't treat your kid like the primadonna that you think they are. And SCU must be willing to leave an existing player off the roster if a new better player from wherever tried out. If they were all to play for one club then Brevard would put out competitive teams at the higher levels.
                            what won't work is that if your kid is the 8th best player on your current team and starts every game, most parents won't accept that their kid might not make the ECNL team and if they do they likely will be a sub.
                            From what I've seen so far is when the ECNL players in Brevard play low level teams they look like super stars but when they go head to head with the better club players they get completely shut down. so there is obviously not any difference between the ECNL players and the top club players in Brevard. The only player I have seen that stood out as being much better than anyone else was the kid that went to Space Coast high that now goes to EFSC. (he was good enough to play somewhere else, he chose to be at EFSC).

The rest of your blabbering is just that.

But I will address the SCU ECNL issue. IF SCU does not improve instantly then SCU should not have ECNL, Having ECNL should be the biggest draw in the county and every player that you think should be ECNL should show up and have an opportunity to make the team based on their ability. But yes you are right Knowing Scotty and Dean they will keep the same old trash they produce at the club year after year. Hope this is not the case. We shall see.

Comment

But I will address the SCU ECNL issue. IF SCU does not improve instantly then SCU should not have ECNL, Having ECNL should be the biggest draw in the county and every player that you think should be ECNL should show up and have an opportunity to make the team based on their ability. But yes you are right Knowing Scotty and Dean they will keep the same old trash they produce at the club year after year. Hope this is not the case. We shall see.
                              No you are probably right, unless they leave the club it will be forever terrible.

Comment

the problem is where you think your kid is regarding ability and where everyone else sees them is different. so what gives? the Coach wouldn't play your kid in the position that you wanted them to play, someone else start over them that you thought wasn't as good as your kid, or your kid didn't play the whole game and would get subbed out by someone you didn't think was as good?. then you probably rode home telling your kid how much his teammates sucked and how bad the coach was. complained to every parent on the sideline that would listen. Then eventually left because you didn't get what you wanted and spend your time telling everybody how much better you are now in your new club. No your kid will not make teams based on their ability... you already ruined that for them. Parents like you and kids like yours are cancers to teams.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X