Talking-Soccer.com

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > Massachusetts

Notices

Massachusetts Discussions about Massachusetts soccer.

Old 1 Week Ago
Unregistered

Can we at least make 3rd team All ACC before we start talking about unicorns? Wow.
Old 1 Week Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The reason the above is likely BTNT is because almost all it is wrong and he's been intentionally selling all of or his own bizarre needs. I've NEVER SAID academic first or only although others do. I've said we would have done D1. I've endorsed that there are great D1 schools. I've said it's a personal choice usually involving multiple factors and that soccer is a fair factor to include if a kid really wants to play and is good enough. I have NEVER been one of the people who insists there are a lot of D3 kids who "coulda played D1." And after explaining this dozens of times, this crap continues. And looking again, the last line confirms it....."if academics so important then why fly all over....blah, blah, blah, and why to a bump on my butt nowheresville D3 when I can go to Vandy?"..........pure BTNT. No one else wrote that post above.
I stand corrected. Seems reasonable.
Im still not BTDT, that giveaway phrase was clearly attributed as something he would say

So if Pman is not the Academics First, Elite LACs Rule poster... who is?
Old 1 Week Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
The reason the above is likely BTNT is because almost all it is wrong and he's been intentionally selling all of or his own bizarre needs. I've NEVER SAID academic first or only although others do. I've said we would have done D1. I've endorsed that there are great D1 schools. I've said it's a personal choice usually involving multiple factors and that soccer is a fair factor to include if a kid really wants to play and is good enough. I have NEVER been one of the people who insists there are a lot of D3 kids who "coulda played D1." And after explaining this dozens of times, this crap continues. And looking again, the last line confirms it....."if academics so important then why fly all over....blah, blah, blah, and why to a bump on my butt nowheresville D3 when I can go to Vandy?"..........pure BTNT. No one else wrote that post above.
Too funny, so you admit to being the type of slime ball parent everyone else hates except you are misinterpreted? Thatís what you want to counter with? Who ever you are you are a loser.
Old 6 Days Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Too funny, so you admit to being the type of slime ball parent everyone else hates except you are misinterpreted? Thatís what you want to counter with? Who ever you are you are a loser.
Not sure where you got an admission of being "a slime ball parent" out of my post, but then again, comprehension has never been your strong suit. As for being a loser, I can only say that I am comforted knowing that it is impossible for me to be a bigger loser than you. When one steps back and thinks about who you are and what you've done here (celebrity parent with a D1 star) cracking on other people and belittling them for 12+ years, one realizes that you truly are uniquely disturbed. Please say hello to the twins....and of course Suzie, SoccerDad33, and SoccerTaxi.
Old 6 Days Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Not sure where you got an admission of being "a slime ball parent" out of my post, but then again, comprehension has never been your strong suit. As for being a loser, I can only say that I am comforted knowing that it is impossible for me to be a bigger loser than you. When one steps back and thinks about who you are and what you've done here (celebrity parent with a D1 star) cracking on other people and belittling them for 12+ years, one realizes that you truly are uniquely disturbed. Please say hello to the twins....and of course Suzie, SoccerDad33, and SoccerTaxi.
Ever look in a mirror?
Old 6 Days Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Ever look in a mirror?
Yes, have you???
Old 6 Days Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Back about 6 years ago (in a galaxy far far away) everyone used their screen names rather than just anonymous. One guy "Been There Done That" (BTDT) had a very good GK who played with her age group NT and is now finishing up her full ride at Duke. Anther user, "Perspective" (Pman) had a son, I think, who was good enough to get a "tip" into a NESCAC - Amherst?.

Pman understands that most players are not the Unicorns that BTDT daughter is, and encourages us to put Academic First. Good advice actually. BTDT on the other hand, knows how D1 recruiting works and offers equivalently good advice for those seeking scholarships. The tension between these two is constant as PMan insists that going to a prestigious D3 Liberal Arts College is the real win, and BTDT points out that if academics was always the family priority, then why fly all over the country playing elite club soccer.
So are BTDT and BTNT one and the same?