Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > Massachusetts

Notices

Massachusetts Discussions about Massachusetts soccer.

Old 5 Days Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
But, I don't see where the poster ever said they should've been on the "top" team? Can you show me the post(s)?

(No reason to get all dicky about it, either.)

I will ask again--did you ever ask which team your kid was being placed on and who the coach was? I wonder what the other U14 West parents think of you... Do you spend games telling them what poor quality their kids are as players?
Why would we ask, when we were told they were the same? Taking the mix of the best players and putting splitting them up.

We moved to Stars over a year ago and it's been a shell-game ever since.

I could give a rat's azz about what other parents think of me; it's no secret where we are on the pecking order.

Above is one of this person's several posts... he claims the teams were supposed to be "equal". Again, when offers are made, they specify the team and the coach, so not sure why he didn't decline at that point. The teams are in 3rd and 5th in their division, have played twice with each team winning one game, so it really seems that he is most upset about the coaching assignment.
Old 5 Days Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
I will ask again--did you ever ask which team your kid was being placed on and who the coach was? I wonder what the other U14 West parents think of you... Do you spend games telling them what poor quality their kids are as players?
Why would we ask, when we were told they were the same? Taking the mix of the best players and putting splitting them up.

We moved to Stars over a year ago and it's been a shell-game ever since.

I could give a rat's azz about what other parents think of me; it's no secret where we are on the pecking order.

Above is one of this person's several posts... he claims the teams were supposed to be "equal". Again, when offers are made, they specify the team and the coach, so not sure why he didn't decline at that point. The teams are in 3rd and 5th in their division, have played twice with each team winning one game, so it really seems that he is most upset about the coaching assignment.
Does that say there was an expectation to be on a "top" team? I don't see that.

Do you have another example?
Old 5 Days Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Does that say there was an expectation to be on a "top" team? I don't see that.

Do you have another example?
I found the below, doesn't seem to indicate he's upset by not being on THE "top" team:

Quote:
Again: We were told the teams would be equal when we decided to move. Not sure how many times I can say it. They would be equal.

The quality of the team is less than the other, yet we pay the same. Who signs up for that?

That is a serious question: Why would you play gold prices for copper?

You seem to be hung up on the fact that we were not picked for the A team. We fully understand where we are. That is not what what we signed up for. We were told that they teams would be equal and would both compete.
Old 5 Days Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
I found the below, doesn't seem to indicate he's upset by not being on THE "top" team:
Oh come on. This person is upset that they aren't on the top team and that they were lied to. Let's not split hairs about it.

Who in their right mind thought they would add second ECNL teams to each age group and that they'd be equal?
Old 5 Days Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Oh come on. This person is upset that they aren't on the top team and that they were lied to. Let's not split hairs about it.

Who in their right mind thought they would add second ECNL teams to each age group and that they'd be equal?
Well that is confusing, because there are many posts on here that appear to point that they ARE equal teams. Not sure who to believe now (not that I care beyond morbid curiosity).

But, I guess my follow up question would be: who in their right mind would pay the same fee to be on a lesser team (using your example)?
Old 5 Days Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Well that is confusing, because there are many posts on here that appear to point that they ARE equal teams. Not sure who to believe now (not that I care beyond morbid curiosity).

But, I guess my follow up question would be: who in their right mind would pay the same fee to be on a lesser team (using your example)?
The teams follow the same training schedule, play in the same league against the exact same teams, attend all the same tournaments and showcases (where they play in the same bracket level). The opportunity is definitely equal.

Players are different (obviously) and they are not coached by the same person (which would be impossible).
Old 5 Days Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
The teams follow the same training schedule, play in the same league against the exact same teams, attend all the same tournaments and showcases (where they play in the same bracket level). The opportunity is definitely equal.

Players are different (obviously) and they are not coached by the same person (which would be impossible).
I understand the opportunity is equal. I'm not understanding the assertion the TEAMS are equal. There seems to be some discrepancy there. Either they are, they aren't, they were told they were, told they weren't, nobody in their right mind would think they are, etc.

That's the part that is confusing to me.
Old 5 Days Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
I understand the opportunity is equal. I'm not understanding the assertion the TEAMS are equal. There seems to be some discrepancy there. Either they are, they aren't, they were told they were, told they weren't, nobody in their right mind would think they are, etc.

No 2 teams are equal, ever, even if the game went to quadruple overtime.
Here endeth the confusion. Move along.
Old 5 Days Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
No 2 teams are equal, ever, even if the game went to quadruple overtime.
Here endeth the confusion. Move along.
OK, Keeper of All That Needs to be Discussed on Talking-Soccer.com

What shall we discuss next?
Old 5 Days Ago
Unregistered

Quote:

Depends who you believe. The majority of Stars parents that weighed in said that when the announcement was made that Stars was dropping DA and would field 2 ECNL teams, parents were told that both teams would have equal opportunity (play in same division, etc.). This poster claims they said the talent on both teams would be equal (in my opinion, that would be near impossible to promise).

In terms of paying for something "lesser"--if the poster believes his daughter is in the correct spot skill-wise (which he stated), and she is getting the same training, same opposition to play against in the league and at showcases, what the poster is complaining about is the other players on his kid's team and/or the coach.