Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I agree. And my kid is staying home. But unless you’re running a club, you’re not going to stop anyone. If it bothers you so much, report them.
    Everyone can make there own choices. Most parents don't know the risks.

Comment

I agree. And my kid is staying home. But unless you’re running a club, you’re not going to stop anyone. If it bothers you so much, report them.
      My kid goes out everyday and does their own training sessions with cones and a wall. They run, sprint as well as other exercises to keep up their conditioning. They have no problem continuing until they are allowed back. My kid has the motivation to do these things on there on and that’s the key.

Comment

Nobody cares

My kid goes out everyday and does their own training sessions with cones and a wall. They run, sprint as well as other exercises to keep up their conditioning. They have no problem continuing until they are allowed back. My kid has the motivation to do these things on there on and that’s the key.

Comment

No the same as professional level train that the best in the business can provide. The shutdown will make it hard for teams to be back in shape, trainers will have lot of work to do.

Comment

No the same as professional level train that the best in the business can provide. The shutdown will make it hard for teams to be back in shape, trainers will have lot of work to do.
            Trainers should increase training fees since there will be more work to do.

Comment

Professional? What's the percentage of the real professional coaches here in NJ? 1%? Or lower? There are a lot of coaches who are licensed but they don't know more soccer than parents who have been in this for a couple of years. Most of them can't even do basic drills and physically unfit.

Comment

That answer was a great example of how much parents think they know about soccer and what true training really is. What would this parent consider professional training. How many parents really vette who the coaches are at a club. How many parents take the time to look on the club website And look up the coach’s soccer background. Most times you go to the bio and it’s just a smiling face. For ECNL Clubs the coach’s must have a minimum of a “B” license and the DOC has to have an “A” license. Do you know what licenses your child’s coach has? How about there prior experiences joining the club? When you say being trained by a professional what does that mean? Because they can scream, yell and put cones down evenly and having you run drills that they can find in a library or watch online does not make them a professional.

Comment

Who is the body in the US that doles out licences? It is US Soccer, the same organization that dabbled in girls soccer by opening DA and then abandoning it with such short notice. They did not say we will discontinue DA after 3 years, please use the next 3 years to transition to another cub if a non-DA club is not the right fit for you. Poof, and it is gone. At a time when there is not a lot of scope to even do try-outs with other clubs. Very irresponsible. Sure, licenses have some value, but please know that it is this same organization that controls the licensing process.

After looking through what the various levels of licensing entail, one of the things I see is that a higher level licence requires more years of coaching experience.

Comment

Who is the body in the US that doles out licences? It is US Soccer, the same organization that dabbled in girls soccer by opening DA and then abandoning it with such short notice. They did not say we will discontinue DA after 3 years, please use the next 3 years to transition to another cub if a non-DA club is not the right fit for you. Poof, and it is gone. At a time when there is not a lot of scope to even do try-outs with other clubs. Very irresponsible. Sure, licenses have some value, but please know that it is this same organization that controls the licensing process.

After looking through what the various levels of licensing entail, one of the things I see is that a higher level licence requires more years of coaching experience.
                    Licenses are a joke....what other sport requires such nonsense. I’ve seen lots of coaches that are licsenced up the wazoo and can’t coach or train a lick. But they sure will sell you on their “credentials”. And the reverse too, coaches that are not highly licensed but can sure coach and train with the best of them.

Comment

This same sentiment has been written in so many threads. If some clubs or trainers are doing small sessions then let them. If you don’t want your kid to go then don’t. Why is this so difficult for people to understand? I am fine keeping my sons home for another few weeks. But I’m not judging the people who send their kids.
                      Isn’t it illegal though? Why are coaches flouting these health guidelines? If June 22nd is the date then surely that should be abided by?

Comment

Land of opportunity. FREEDOM!

Comment

Land of opportunity. FREEDOM!
                          With freedom, comes protesting. Checkmate.

Comment

Licenses are a joke....what other sport requires such nonsense. I’ve seen lots of coaches that are licsenced up the wazoo and can’t coach or train a lick. But they sure will sell you on their “credentials”. And the reverse too, coaches that are not highly licensed but can sure coach and train with the best of them.
                            I am sure there are coaches not being licensed at higher level but great. What's the percentage? It sounds like saying you don't need a college degree and you can still be a math genius. Sure. But what's the odd?

You can always use exceptions to counter anything. From what I can see, if you do care, you would take the time to get licensed properly instead of defending your scam here by trashing the entire program.

Comment

That answer was a great example of how much parents think they know about soccer and what true training really is. What would this parent consider professional training. How many parents really vette who the coaches are at a club. How many parents take the time to look on the club website And look up the coach’s soccer background. Most times you go to the bio and it’s just a smiling face. For ECNL Clubs the coach’s must have a minimum of a “B” license and the DOC has to have an “A” license. Do you know what licenses your child’s coach has? How about there prior experiences joining the club? When you say being trained by a professional what does that mean? Because they can scream, yell and put cones down evenly and having you run drills that they can find in a library or watch online does not make them a professional.
                              100% agree. Too many scammers in youth soccer. Most of parents are just signing up for bragging right while they have no idea what they're talking about. Some coaches re simply actors/actresses and some are recruiters. Real coaches work with what they have and can bring the best from the players they have. They don't complain about the talent pool they have.

I would suggest any parents reading this to take at least F or E licenses themselves. The classroom course is a bit boring but it gives you a perspective and better understand what expectation you should have for a good coach.

Comment

Yes all parents should get a coaching license. Lol. What an absolute tool.

100% agree. Too many scammers in youth soccer. Most of parents are just signing up for bragging right while they have no idea what they're talking about. Some coaches re simply actors/actresses and some are recruiters. Real coaches work with what they have and can bring the best from the players they have. They don't complain about the talent pool they have.

I would suggest any parents reading this to take at least F or E licenses themselves. The classroom course is a bit boring but it gives you a perspective and better understand what expectation you should have for a good coach.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X