Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    This is a dumb statement. Getting a lot of work isn't the same as getting quality work. Getting constantly pummeled for 20,30,40 shots a game is actually mentally and physically exhausting and only serves to dishearten a kid. No one can save that many shots, so they're going to let in goals and a lot of them. Think of that happening over a season, a year, and then a few years and you might kill a kid's love for the position and maybe the entire sport.

Bring your keeper to a quality team, with a coach that knows how to integrate a keeper into a defense, has defensive players that utilize their keeper, and hopefully with decent gk training (but that is hard to come by).
    Agree 100% I was actually starting to write the same thing when I read this post. I would add that you should make sure the team has dedicated goalie training with a good goalie coach. Goalie is the most mentally challenging position and good goalie coaches are hard to find.

Comment

South or North?
      South

Comment

Agree 100% I was actually starting to write the same thing when I read this post. I would add that you should make sure the team has dedicated goalie training with a good goalie coach. Goalie is the most mentally challenging position and good goalie coaches are hard to find.
        Would add make sure head coach understands what it takes to be a good goalie. Some just throw kids on back line too without teaching defense. When a goalie has to account for clueless and wayward teammates as well as opponents, it is usually going to result in a butt kicking.

Comment

Would add make sure head coach understands what it takes to be a good goalie. Some just throw kids on back line too without teaching defense. When a goalie has to account for clueless and wayward teammates as well as opponents, it is usually going to result in a butt kicking.
          100% agree.

Comment

Cedar Stars (Monmouth) 2010 Girls Team is looking for a Goalie. Ours, unfortunately, moved away. This one of the top teams in the region for this age group and looking for a New Teammate to make the team complete. Looking to start training for Spring/Summer season ASAP (as lock down starts to ease up). Once things get back to normal will be most likely having 2 to 3 training sessions per week (including Goalie Training). Training is in Tinton Falls, NJ at the Beautiful CSA Facilities at Wayside Road.

If you are interested, please come to a training session and work out with us.

Please Contact Cedar Stars

or Coach Tom Napoli @
            tom.napoli@cedarstars.com

I'd be pissed if I was the backup GK and my coach wanted to recruit over me instead of give me a chance.

I'd be even more pissed if I was the B team's GK.

If this post is legit, it's a great example of how people at these clubs think. I think I'd kind of understand if it was a much older team that played at the highest level but for a 2010 team, this is crappy.

Comment

I'd be pissed if I was the backup GK and my coach wanted to recruit over me instead of give me a chance.

If this post is legit, it's a great example of how people at these clubs think. I think I'd kind of understand if it was a much older team that played at the highest level but for a 2010 team, this is crappy.
              Great post, sums it up perfectly.

Comment

Great post, sums it up perfectly.
                Not to defend, but it's entirely plausible there isn't a b team and the backup is a field player who only jumps in when other was sick or couldn't make it. I agree it would be crappy if there was either of the above though.

Comment

How do you not now they've been given a chance, and not taken it?

Sorry, but every player on a competitive team should walk onto the pitch thinking there is someone out to take their place.

Comment

How do you not now they've been given a chance, and not taken it?

Sorry, but every player on a competitive team should walk onto the pitch thinking there is someone out to take their place.

This is what’s wrong with certain clubs that only care about winning. You’re talking about an 8/9yr old who’s already been tagged as a goalie? How are you suppose to appreciate other positions on the field when your parents or club only want you to play goalie? How do you build a connection with your defenders when playing from the back? It’s like the kids that says all I want to do is play striker. Well, what happens if the team brings in another kid or another teammate develops into a striker and then you’re stuck and can’t adapt. If I was a coach, I’d be looking for an athlete with certain physical attributes and plays other sports that build quickness, explosion and hand/eye coordination that can be molded into playing goalie. I just don’t understand at 8&9yrs old, even 10yrs old, that you’ve absolutely figured that out?

Comment

Yes how can I reach you?
                      Are you looking for a girl or boy 05? Location ? South- central - north

Comment

Are you looking for a girl or boy 05? Location ? South- central - north
                        Girl 05....central.

Comment

Girl 05....central.
                          Want to give me your contact info and we can discuss.

Comment

Want to give me your contact info and we can discuss.
                            tell us where you coach at? its the creeper DM back at it again!!

Comment

tell us where you coach at? its the creeper DM back at it again!!
                              I’m the parent of the keeper. Looking for info on the team that is looking for an 05g gk. Team? League? Contact info to discuss?

Comment

Anyone have a 2005 top girl goalie in north jersey? Good team looking to complete puzzle.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X