X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Don’t make yourself sound smart.

ECNL didn’t not have 1/2 the talent GDA had. Top Hat hedged their bets, and it didn’t work out. But ECNL is just a ****ty product for parents who have no clue about soccer, like you.

PDA sucked while in GDA, and ruled in ECNL. There is only one way to interpret results. If you don’t see it, your brain cells are fried mate.
    Listen partner first I am nowhere near smart so forget about the point you made about me "TRYING" to make myself sound the sorts. What I am is wise and I see things as they are and this is for sure in my opinion that you are one of those guys who feels he knows it all when it comes to FEMALE sports and especially female soccer. This is what I can tell you since I had an older daughter go through the ECNL system and was in the 1st inaugural year of the GDA then off to play in college. I have a younger daughter who never got to experience the GDA or had to make a choice whether to. Now I won't say that I am SMART or try to sound it but I am EXPERIENCE when it comes to FEMALE YOUTH SOCCER. Experience enough to know that its nothing like their male counterparts. Not even close but I assume you bring your experience from SOCCER AS A WHOLE.

Its obvious that you have some kind of emotional hate for PDA and trust me I am not here to tell you that you are wrong. I will tell you that its "YOUR" experience and certainly not mine. See I am a believe in the PDA system since both of my children have grown up in that ENVIRONMENT. Again I will put my experience against what you have experienced any day. No matter what sport you play the ENVIRONMENT is the "MOST" important and for my family PDA is the BEST environment for "MY" family.

As I spoke first about TOPHAT I stand by that because it wasn't my opinion but rather a fact, since it was told to me by multiple families from TOPHAT that they did not want to go into the GDA and that many families were not feeling the move by the club. So I say that the fault lies within the club and I am not saying that to kick dirt on them but as a club they made a huge gamble on the GDA and at the end of the day they made their bed and now they have to lay in it until either they are given an opportunity to re-enter the ECNL. Facts are the do belong and and they are one of the top clubs in the country but sorry but neither you or I make the decisions on why and why not they are allowed back in.

In final your rant about PDA not being good in the GDA is just sour grapes on your part because I can tell you and show you that our family was part of the GDA for that one year and sure we didn't win it but in the playoff we TIED a game that we shouldn't and beat the eventual winner of our age group which was the U18 group but that tie really hurt them and they didn't advance. So to say they sucked...again sour grapes partner.

Comment

To Hat shat on ECNL for GDA, that much is true. BUT they are one of the top clubs in the country. So with that ECNL should look past the dis and except them into ECNL or at the very least ECRL and re-prove themselves. Keeping them out is just petty.

Comment

No on cares about Top Hat. I’m very sorry.

To Hat shat on ECNL for GDA, that much is true. BUT they are one of the top clubs in the country. So with that ECNL should look past the dis and except them into ECNL or at the very least ECRL and re-prove themselves. Keeping them out is just petty.

Comment

The answer is very simple. PDA like every other club diluted their talent pool. They did not have enough top flight players for 2 teams. Instead they were spread too thin and both teams lacked depth. Now PDA has a “A” team and a “B” team in ECNL with the difference still apparent with a stronger team than 2 equally strong teams. As far as ECNL; it serves it’s purpose as being a league that gives the most talented players a platform to play soccer in a competitive setting vs. competitive competition. You go to an ECNL College showcase there are an average of 100 plus college coaches per game watching. Not bad for a ****ty product. So I do have a clue why my daughter stayed ECNL and didn’t move to GDA.
          PDA had their top teams in GDA. The rosters and write ups are still floating out there. So stop with the watered down thing.

PDA showed in GDA that are trained only to be in a system, ECNL, that allows for a full line up change vs limited subs GDA (FIFA rules). Maybe explains the lack of PDA call ups anymore vs an elite club like TopHat.

Like ECNL, the GDA had over a 100 coaches at matches too which is why my kid did both ECNL and GDA and owes zero in college.

Both are/were good leagues that are very different (ECNL less practice & back to back games). GDA because of the limited subs did not have back to back games, except on rare occasions, to allow for recovery.

Hopefully, ECNL takes this opportunity to get it right the second time biting the apple with most of the top teams coming back. The league madness has to stop. Kids need stability. Parents need it too.

Comment

PDA had their top teams in GDA. The rosters and write ups are still floating out there. So stop with the watered down thing.

PDA showed in GDA that are trained only to be in a system, ECNL, that allows for a full line up change vs limited subs GDA (FIFA rules). Maybe explains the lack of PDA call ups anymore vs an elite club like TopHat.

Like ECNL, the GDA had over a 100 coaches at matches too which is why my kid did both ECNL and GDA and owes zero in college.

Both are/were good leagues that are very different (ECNL less practice & back to back games). GDA because of the limited subs did not have back to back games, except on rare occasions, to allow for recovery.

Hopefully, ECNL takes this opportunity to get it right the second time biting the apple with most of the top teams coming back. The league madness has to stop. Kids need stability. Parents need it too.
            Sorry but ECNL has already had it right and has continued to grow. I get it, I really do GDA yes it gave other kids an avenue and gave clubs that wanted POWER or CONTROL or more Control went to GDA in "HOPES" that it was going to do away with the ECNL but that never happened. Some ECNL teams practiced just as much as GDA teams practiced. I know ours did. As far as games I am okay with that but answer me this in college how many times a week do they practice and how many games do they usually play a week. If you ask me it doesn't line up with the GDA at all being that they are practicing and playing in some cases if not most twice a week with a rest day in between. Now this is nothing against the GDA but I find it funny and basically a flat out lie because if your daughter lets say in in college at this point as mine are how does the GDA take credit for putting all those kids in college when most of those kids were already committed in the ECNL or other leagues prior to their clubs coming into the GDA. Now that's funny I am some real funny stuff if you ask me. If you believe that then I have some fresh ocean salt water to sell you along with sand.

Comment

Sorry but ECNL has already had it right and has continued to grow. I get it, I really do GDA yes it gave other kids an avenue and gave clubs that wanted POWER or CONTROL or more Control went to GDA in "HOPES" that it was going to do away with the ECNL but that never happened. Some ECNL teams practiced just as much as GDA teams practiced. I know ours did. As far as games I am okay with that but answer me this in college how many times a week do they practice and how many games do they usually play a week. If you ask me it doesn't line up with the GDA at all being that they are practicing and playing in some cases if not most twice a week with a rest day in between. Now this is nothing against the GDA but I find it funny and basically a flat out lie because if your daughter lets say in in college at this point as mine are how does the GDA take credit for putting all those kids in college when most of those kids were already committed in the ECNL or other leagues prior to their clubs coming into the GDA. Now that's funny I am some real funny stuff if you ask me. If you believe that then I have some fresh ocean salt water to sell you along with sand.
              There were some things that ECNL got right and many that it got wrong.

Based on the results of the clubs such as PDA, who wanted to say "our model is better than GDA" everyone was able to see the results of the experiment which would focus on "development of players" and "improvement" as part of the outcome. There is nothing about "league control" or "getting it right". Just "can a different development style" impact "performance throughout the season".

a) PDA didn't adapt to the GDA standards for minimum training
              b) PDA didn't adapt to the recommended team size or use of DPs
              c) PDA didn't adapt to the recommended style or training
              d) PDA's coaches were not real, ie some worked at Rutgers during fall, and would show up later in the season. This could be a minor instability for the team, but I don't think it was significant.
              e) PDA allowed a bunch of players to skip fall in order to play HS

So, you could use these differences and compare the the outcomes.
              - How did PDA perform in GDA vs how did PDA perform in ECNL.
              More blowouts in GDA, records roughly comparable at regional level.
              - How did they compare at the beginning of the season vs end of the season.
              Better outcomes at the beginning of the season in both.
              - How did the PDA model perform during championships against GDA and against ECNL.
              Performed much better in ECNL across the board.

Its clear to see that ECNL is much better for the "PDA model" and I'd suggest that GDA was a better developmental approach and an embarrassment to PDA, however, the "college" model is significantly more similar to ECNL than GDA, so perhaps PDA is a better preparation for "college soccer", unless college soccer reforms.

Comment

Based on the results of the clubs such as PDA, who wanted to say "our model is better than GDA" everyone was able to see the results of the experiment which would focus on "development of players" and "improvement" as part of the outcome. There is nothing about "league control" or "getting it right". Just "can a different development style" impact "performance throughout the season".

d) PDA's coaches were not real, ie some worked at Rutgers during fall, and would show up later in the season. This could be a minor instability for the team, but I don't think it was significant.

- How did the PDA model perform during championships against GDA and against ECNL.

Its clear to see that ECNL is much better for the "PDA model" and I'd suggest that GDA was a better developmental approach and an embarrassment to PDA, however, the "college" model is significantly more similar to ECNL than GDA, so perhaps PDA is a better preparation for "college soccer", unless college soccer reforms.

Honestly does anybody think two days a week practices - Tuesday and Thursday for 1&1/2 hrs has anything to do with preparing these girls for anything soccer related. PDA may be the best we have in New jersey but it certainly misses the mark in players being fully developed to their potential... And its all about the benjamins and keeping a monopoly.. so they have no leagues or clubs to challenge... shame for US soccer in the future.

Comment

Honestly does anybody think two days a week practices - Tuesday and Thursday for 1&1/2 hrs has anything to do with preparing these girls for anything soccer related. PDA may be the best we have in New jersey but it certainly misses the mark in players being fully developed to their potential... And its all about the benjamins and keeping a monopoly.. so they have no leagues or clubs to challenge... shame for US soccer in the future.
                  Listen, the problem with soccer in the US is that kids here only play the game when their mom or dad drops them off at the club. 2 or 3 times per week and maybe a game (sometimes 2) on the weekends. If you think any kind of schedules and planned activities can make HOFers, you are kidding your self. The best players in the world got their start in alleys, hard, rock-filled fields with no grass, in backyards, basements and local parks ..... all playing with their friends for fun .... whenever they kid .... no $$ on the line, just pride. Take the money away and tell your kids if they want to be stars they need to get their @$$es out of bed and work on their own .... see what they do then. Thankfully, they don't have to compete in the US for top teams against anyone other than lazy, country-club, chunky, white, suburbanites.

Comment

Listen, the problem with soccer in the US is that kids here only play the game when their mom or dad drops them off at the club. 2 or 3 times per week and maybe a game (sometimes 2) on the weekends. If you think any kind of schedules and planned activities can make HOFers, you are kidding your self. The best players in the world got their start in alleys, hard, rock-filled fields with no grass, in backyards, basements and local parks ..... all playing with their friends for fun .... whenever they kid .... no $$ on the line, just pride. Take the money away and tell your kids if they want to be stars they need to get their @$$es out of bed and work on their own .... see what they do then. Thankfully, they don't have to compete in the US for top teams against anyone other than lazy, country-club, chunky, white, suburbanites.
                    You so right. US is terrible. Zero success at that Women National teams for many years now.

Clown!

Comment

This is a good healthy conversation and I really hope that it stays this way for good debate and good reasoning. Now correct me if I am wrong but it seems that you are holding PDA accountable for the WHOLE ECNL and not just a simple club that plays in the league. Now to your points and I will base my answers only by my daughters age group at the time.

Not true at all we practiced 3 to 4 days a week minimal for a fact. But then again when the team played ECNL they practiced at least 3 days a week.

Team sizes I have no clue where you going with this one but we had I think 19 players on the team and some GDA we went to at the U18 had only 13 at times which was I didn't understand but our team had 19 players.

Well again we played a 4-3-3 as I think everyone played but if you asked me that was their normal formation.

Our teams coach was not a Rutgers coach, but what does that have to do with it. Each team had a staff of about 4 coaches and they all had an "A" License.

Sure they allowed kids to play HS but they played by the RULE. No one was allowed to do both. My daughter for on was granted to play HS but choose not to and played GDA, which at the time I was okay with but looking back on it she regrets it knowing what we know now and how the GDA never cared about U18's and that's a fact.

Lets look at the teams that maybe we lost to which I think we only lost one game that whole season even in the playoffs. Did we tie some games that we didn't need to tie....YEP only in the playoffs and that hurt them. The team that beat them in the regular season which I think was one team was an ECNL team the year before so not sure what you talking about, because the performance what the same and in the ECNL.

In the beginning of their season they won but it was a struggle at time because some of the girls were playing HS and couldn't come back until after their HS season but once they returned the play only got better, but one would expect it to due to the quality of practices and available players only added to the girls that only did GDA. Not saying the players they had were not quality at all they were great players but now they had other girls to push them to be better and challenge them day in and day out.

The model during the championships held well. Due to injuries they had to work through it and maybe players had to play in a different position at times during that week and some players were on limited minutes per college request in fear of nagging injuries that they wanted the player to be healthy or try to be as healthy as they could before entering college camp the following week.

I know PDA prepared my daughter for college and the big stage. To be honest the US call up are not based on SKILL ONLY but its about WHO YOU KNOW and WHO OWES WHO a favor. I want to say that IS FACT....but I don't want to take anything away from those girls that do achieve that level but trust me I know one kid in particular that 100% deserves a chance and has not been in a camp "AT ALL" lol lol but we're okay with that lol. And yes shame on US Soccer.

Comment

You so right. US is terrible. Zero success at that Women National teams for many years now.

Clown!
                        Not the original poster but they are absolutely correct in their assessment of the development of players. Your response about the past success of the USWNT is just burying your head in the sand.

Much of the USWNT success is because the US started investing (too little, but something) in the women’s game before the rest of the world. If you’ve been watching women’s soccer for a few years, you’ve seen the marked improvement in the performance of other countries. Reality is the US is plateauing and the rest of the world is ascending.

Not saying the US can’t/won’t win in the future but your response was ignoring many realities.

Comment

Not the original poster but they are absolutely correct in their assessment of the development of players. Your response about the past success of the USWNT is just burying your head in the sand.

Much of the USWNT success is because the US started investing (too little, but something) in the women’s game before the rest of the world. If you’ve been watching women’s soccer for a few years, you’ve seen the marked improvement in the performance of other countries. Reality is the US is plateauing and the rest of the world is ascending.

Not saying the US can’t/won’t win in the future but your response was ignoring many realities.
                          The "investment" was Title 9 and D1 women's soccer. Women's soccer was practically non existent elsewhere in the world. USSF didn't spend squat and rode the advantage we had for years. Once that started to disappear as other countries started actually investing more in the women's game, USSF thought DA would help keep us ahead. The reasoning was there (other countries were and are catching up quickly) but they went about it all wrong. GAL definitely isn't going to help raise the women's game. USSF should do a mea culpa with ECNL and try to work WITH them instead of against them. Re-vamping ODP or other non-club driven identification programs would help too.

Comment

This is a good healthy conversation and I really hope that it stays this way for good debate and good reasoning. Now correct me if I am wrong but it seems that you are holding PDA accountable for the WHOLE ECNL and not just a simple club that plays in the league. Now to your points and I will base my answers only by my daughters age group at the time.

Not true at all we practiced 3 to 4 days a week minimal for a fact. But then again when the team played ECNL they practiced at least 3 days a week.

Team sizes I have no clue where you going with this one but we had I think 19 players on the team and some GDA we went to at the U18 had only 13 at times which was I didn't understand but our team had 19 players.

Well again we played a 4-3-3 as I think everyone played but if you asked me that was their normal formation.

Our teams coach was not a Rutgers coach, but what does that have to do with it. Each team had a staff of about 4 coaches and they all had an "A" License.

Sure they allowed kids to play HS but they played by the RULE. No one was allowed to do both. My daughter for on was granted to play HS but choose not to and played GDA, which at the time I was okay with but looking back on it she regrets it knowing what we know now and how the GDA never cared about U18's and that's a fact.

Lets look at the teams that maybe we lost to which I think we only lost one game that whole season even in the playoffs. Did we tie some games that we didn't need to tie....YEP only in the playoffs and that hurt them. The team that beat them in the regular season which I think was one team was an ECNL team the year before so not sure what you talking about, because the performance what the same and in the ECNL.

In the beginning of their season they won but it was a struggle at time because some of the girls were playing HS and couldn't come back until after their HS season but once they returned the play only got better, but one would expect it to due to the quality of practices and available players only added to the girls that only did GDA. Not saying the players they had were not quality at all they were great players but now they had other girls to push them to be better and challenge them day in and day out.

The model during the championships held well. Due to injuries they had to work through it and maybe players had to play in a different position at times during that week and some players were on limited minutes per college request in fear of nagging injuries that they wanted the player to be healthy or try to be as healthy as they could before entering college camp the following week.

I know PDA prepared my daughter for college and the big stage. To be honest the US call up are not based on SKILL ONLY but its about WHO YOU KNOW and WHO OWES WHO a favor. I want to say that IS FACT....but I don't want to take anything away from those girls that do achieve that level but trust me I know one kid in particular that 100% deserves a chance and has not been in a camp "AT ALL" lol lol but we're okay with that lol. And yes shame on US Soccer.
                            Hard to make it a constructive discussion when you are obscuring the facts that lead into the conundrum with your narrative from your kids u18 perspective (which I assume is valid). I understand your sentiment, but is not the same as the other younger PDA teams: u14, u15, u16/17.

I do agree that the u18/19 was just shafted and US Soccer didn't really care about its existence.

Comment

Hard to make it a constructive discussion when you are obscuring the facts that lead into the conundrum with your narrative from your kids u18 perspective (which I assume is valid). I understand your sentiment, but is not the same as the other younger PDA teams: u14, u15, u16/17.

I do agree that the u18/19 was just shafted and US Soccer didn't really care about its existence.
                              I am obscuring the facts, I am just giving you valid and concrete information to combat your statements and to show that they are false. To simply give you the whole U14,15,16/17 I then can give you example that not one club dominated all of GDA. Different clubs had different experiences. Look at the teams that also returned the same year that PDA returned. Look at the teams that return the year after to ECNL and the year after that. What was the reason why those clubs left. What about Real Colorado who as you know are a BIG US SOCCER fan and their claims to some top talents in the US SOCCER System. Why them....or what is the reasoning as why they left as well.

I am not saying that the GDA was all wrong and still I am no fan of it due to how not only run things but how they don't really care in my opinion. All in still I wish they didn't do what they did this year. That hurt a lot of kids in my opinion and that's what this is all about. I am just hoping that the GAL does things better and stay committed to what they are trying to established although that's not for me and my family I do wish those families and kids that do partake in that league that they have the success of developing and growing in this game of soccer. I am routing for them because kids and families need options that suit their needs as a whole.

Comment

Would like to hear from the Tophat parents regarding what families and players are going to do going forward if they are not reinstated in ECNL. Are families/players leaving the club? Would be curious how the Number 1 ranked ECNL Club in the country will react to this situation. Regardless of the league you would assume the training has been very good and the structure of the club with the coaches will remain the same so what will the players decide to do without ECNL? Is there a loyalty and continued commitment to the club or do the parents believe the club has failed them so they will leave. A true dilemma.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X