Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ECNL Regional path to playing ECNL teams.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ECNL Regional path to playing ECNL teams.

Big blow to GAL. These ECNL R leagues giving clubs opportunities to play in the top tier league.

Each year, top performing teams in ECNL Girls Regional Leagues earn the opportunity to compete in the Open Cup Division of the ECNL Playoffs at the U15, U16 and U17 ages, where they will match up against other Regional League winners, as well as teams from member clubs of the ECNL.

Can’t wait to see which east coast GAL clubs break rank first.

Cleveland Force. Former GDA club. Done.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Big blow to GAL. These ECNL R leagues giving clubs opportunities to play in the top tier league.

Each year, top performing teams in ECNL Girls Regional Leagues earn the opportunity to compete in the Open Cup Division of the ECNL Playoffs at the U15, U16 and U17 ages, where they will match up against other Regional League winners, as well as teams from member clubs of the ECNL.

Didn’t two top DA clubs do the same in California?

Comment

Cleveland force done? Wow thanks for the information! That is what I was looking for when I went into New Jersey page this morning. Anything about the California teams?

Comment

Cleveland force done? Wow thanks for the information! That is what I was looking for when I went into New Jersey page this morning. Anything about the California teams?
          Sorry none of the NJ top academies are moving to ECRL...very subpar league in terms of quality. Yes potential to ECNL but can you imagine an STA DA team play ECRL teams. They would win every game by a wide margin and what good is that????

Comment

I’m no GA fan but is this actually a big deal? As written this does not indicate any real chance at promotion. It basically says the best B teams get to play other B teams. This does not say top RL teams get brought to ECNL.

Comment

Sorry none of the NJ top academies are moving to ECRL...very subpar league in terms of quality. Yes potential to ECNL but can you imagine an STA DA team play ECRL teams. They would win every game by a wide margin and what good is that????
              It seems well known that ECRL prior to next year was not great in this area. If ECNL wanted to (and I think it would be pretty smart), is to make ECRL a real pathway up. I don't think it'll happen in this area, but it seems like it might be opening up in other regions.

Comment

It seems well known that ECRL prior to next year was not great in this area. If ECNL wanted to (and I think it would be pretty smart), is to make ECRL a real pathway up. I don't think it'll happen in this area, but it seems like it might be opening up in other regions.
                It is happening. Top ECNLR will play ECNL teams.

This is not a maybe or some random parent post.

Screen shot this one as well.

Comment

I think this is for the best if true. A true, single pyramid structure of promotion/relegation.

A question though, are they really going to let a club like MF have a bunch of teams relegated out to ECNLR?

Comment

Oh wow it is real!?! Lol

Comment

Lol. Where do you see anything about relegation? Let me be clear, there will be no more teams added to ecnl in this area, until pda shore qualifies. Get over it.

I think this is for the best if true. A true, single pyramid structure of promotion/relegation.

A question though, are they really going to let a club like MF have a bunch of teams relegated out to ECNLR?

Comment

Yes Beach and Legends. They are two former DA teams that are big time clubs. Put their best teams into ECNLR knowing they will move up to ECNL.

Comment

STA is not getting in at all. No ECNL. No ECNLR.

Eventually less top tier talent at STA. Already happening without ECNLR being strong. Just wait until a couple of GAL clubs on East get accepted to ECNLR. It’s already in the works.

Comment

Yes Beach and Legends. They are two former DA teams that are big time clubs. Put their best teams into ECNLR knowing they will move up to ECNL.
                            Same with Pats & West Coast. In the same CA division as Beach & Legends. All four banking on full ECNL admission next year.

Comment

Same with Pats & West Coast. In the same CA division as Beach & Legends. All four banking on full ECNL admission next year.
                              Talks happening this week with one of the committed GAL clubs north of NJ. If it gets done not good for GAL. Only loyal GAL directors to the league are the clubs that have no path to ECNL. STA for example has no chance. These other “committed” GAL clubs doing all they can to find path in to ECNL.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X