Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ECNL Regional path to playing ECNL teams.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Ohio Valley had it's own ECRL conference this past year, and it was made up primarily of ECNL 2nd teams, so understandable that Cleveland Force would look at it as a league for 2nd teams. But it'll be interesting what happens with ECRL conferences that are newly formed (eg. Florida, Heartland Conference) with new non-ECNL clubs.

If ECRL leagues takes off there will be major displacement on the current NJ ECRL teams... just by the the numbers.....the more players in, the more choices a coach has to pick his/her best 18.. I can't see why current ECRL families would be rooting for the GAL to fail. They should be cheering it on.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      If ECRL leagues takes off there will be major displacement on the current NJ ECRL teams... just by the the numbers.....the more players in, the more choices a coach has to pick his/her best 18.. I can't see why current ECRL families would be rooting for the GAL to fail. They should be cheering it on.
      Yep. ECRL (and NE NPL) in the past has just been a place for ECNL 2nd teams to play. If they are truly moving towards using it as a pathway to ECNL, many current ECRL teams are likely to be displaced as clubs trying to get ECNL are accepted. So you are correct that current ECRL families should be worried. On the other hand, doing this would legitimize ECRL and maybe those 2nd teams that are competitive will benefit from stronger competition.

Comment

I apologize in advance if this is the wrong place for this question, but you all seem very knowledgable about the ECNL and Regional leagues and I'm not finding information anywhere else. So any help or feedback is appreciated. I also apologize if I don't know exactly what I'm talking about. I can only speak to what I've been told by our club. So, our club went from USYS to ECNL two years ago. We were told that our top teams would have to play in the Regional league to prove ourselves before our club could move up to the National level. In our first season, our top team lost one game, in the regional championships, and won most games decidedly. We tied a few also, to be fair, but we mostly dominated the teams we played. This year is more of the same although slightly more competitive. My question is how does a club with only regional level teams get their top teams moved up to the national level. I am assuming we'd be competitive at the national level (knowing plenty of kids who play for other clubs who are on national teams). The biggest problem with the regional league is the exposure. We travel just as much and head to the regional events each season only to look around and see zero coaches watching our games. We have plenty of kids on the team that could easily play in college, maybe not top D1 schools, but somewhere, but they never get seen. I'm just curious to know if our club is actually telling us the full story and if moving up is actually a possibility. Thanks in advance for any help.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
          I apologize in advance if this is the wrong place for this question, but you all seem very knowledgable about the ECNL and Regional leagues and I'm not finding information anywhere else. So any help or feedback is appreciated. I also apologize if I don't know exactly what I'm talking about. I can only speak to what I've been told by our club. So, our club went from USYS to ECNL two years ago. We were told that our top teams would have to play in the Regional league to prove ourselves before our club could move up to the National level. In our first season, our top team lost one game, in the regional championships, and won most games decidedly. We tied a few also, to be fair, but we mostly dominated the teams we played. This year is more of the same although slightly more competitive. My question is how does a club with only regional level teams get their top teams moved up to the national level. I am assuming we'd be competitive at the national level (knowing plenty of kids who play for other clubs who are on national teams). The biggest problem with the regional league is the exposure. We travel just as much and head to the regional events each season only to look around and see zero coaches watching our games. We have plenty of kids on the team that could easily play in college, maybe not top D1 schools, but somewhere, but they never get seen. I'm just curious to know if our club is actually telling us the full story and if moving up is actually a possibility. Thanks in advance for any help.
          With all due respect. It’s not going to happen unless every age group in your club is highly competitive. They aren’t looking for one of good teams. The entire club must be well represented.

Comment

With all due respect. It’s not going to happen unless every age group in your club is highly competitive. They aren’t looking for one of good teams. The entire club must be well represented.
            yeah ok

Comment

Do you mean all of our top teams from each age group or are you referring to the second and third teams? Each top team is highly competitive and mostly in the same situation. A comment was made by our director that the "B" teams needed to be competitive somehow so they could fill the roles in the regional league. We have teams in our regional conference that get beat 10-0. I'm sure our "B" teams would be better than that. So, if we pass the smell test as a club and have a team in each age group that is deserved of being moved up to the national league....what needs to happen? Does the club need to apply or does ECNL monitor results and move teams accordingly? Sadly, all the parents are in the dark on this and for this team, the regional league isn't very useful.

Comment

yeah ok
                I’m sure you feel slightly better with your anonymous smart ass response, but it’s the truth. It’s gonna take an act of God for a regional league team to move up. But, the ECNL thanks you for your donation.

Comment

MFA shore is doing this. I have no idea if they will get NL but they are telling the parents the same thing you mentioned above. No one seems to believe they will get it but the club feels they will. Who knows. I am sure they are trying to get it. And know they need to get it to attract top players.

Comment

Do you mean all of our top teams from each age group or are you referring to the second and third teams? Each top team is highly competitive and mostly in the same situation. A comment was made by our director that the "B" teams needed to be competitive somehow so they could fill the roles in the regional league. We have teams in our regional conference that get beat 10-0. I'm sure our "B" teams would be better than that. So, if we pass the smell test as a club and have a team in each age group that is deserved of being moved up to the national league....what needs to happen? Does the club need to apply or does ECNL monitor results and move teams accordingly? Sadly, all the parents are in the dark on this and for this team, the regional league isn't very useful.
                    The B teams could definitely be part of the issue. It will also depend on how saturated the area is with other clubs.

Comment

You mean that you went from USYS to ECRL, not ECNL. Is that correct? Regardless the only thing ECRL and ECNL have in common is 3 letters. Unless you have a very established club with high upside and don’t pose a threat to PDA, WC, and MFAs recruiting markets then you have a slim to none chance.

Comment

You mean that you went from USYS to ECRL, not ECNL. Is that correct? Regardless the only thing ECRL and ECNL have in common is 3 letters. Unless you have a very established club with high upside and don’t pose a threat to PDA, WC, and MFAs recruiting markets then you have a slim to none chance.
                        Again, sorry to sound ignorant. We're an ECNL-Regional League team. Is there a difference between that and ECRL? Every other club in our conference has a national team and several regional teams. We only have one regional team at this point. That is our top team in each age group. The next closest club is 2 hours away. We play teams all over the state. What I'm gathering is that it's an ECNL decision whether we get moved up or not at some point. And, I'm not sure what PDA, WC and MFA are. I'm guessing I'm not in your state or region. Sorry.

Comment

Again, sorry to sound ignorant. We're an ECNL-Regional League team. Is there a difference between that and ECRL? Every other club in our conference has a national team and several regional teams. We only have one regional team at this point. That is our top team in each age group. The next closest club is 2 hours away. We play teams all over the state. What I'm gathering is that it's an ECNL decision whether we get moved up or not at some point. And, I'm not sure what PDA, WC and MFA are. I'm guessing I'm not in your state or region. Sorry.
                          Why would you be posting on a NJ soccer forum then?

Comment

Its a NJ forum? What state are your referencing?

ECNL RL is not ECNL RL.

Its ECRL. ECNL RL is what parents convince themselves they are but the two do not have much affiliation other than being a B league with C and D teams competing.

Comment

ECNL RL is not ECNL RL.

Its ECRL. ECNL RL is what parents convince themselves they are but the two do not have much affiliation other than being a B league with C and D teams competing.
                              Getting watered down all these different leagues

Comment

ECNL RL is not ECNL RL.

What are you talking about? Look at the ECNL website...right in the top navigation menu...there are three leagues:

ECNL
                                ECNL Regional League (which is abbreviated ECNL-RL or ECRL)
                                Pre-ECNL (this is the league for U12 teams who will become ECNL the following year at U13)

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X