• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Too funny. If you come in here every day and type it, doesn't make it true
    Is this better?

Ding dong the DA is dead in the NE. There will be 50% less quality players playing this league going forward.

Comment

Was there any movement on DA rules for High School? I know a few kids were being told it might be lifted so they could do both.

Never say never, but they appear to be doubling-down on their rule. Essentially, play HS all you want. There are plenty of leagues, and quality ones at that, that will allow that. They are looking for a different type of player, one who is willing to sacrifice to develop. Those few months away do nothing to help the player. It may help the person, but not the player.

In a few years, we can all look back and see if it was the right mover or not. So far, for some, it's a mistake and players would rather go that route. For others, it's a non-factor.

Comment

Never say never, but they appear to be doubling-down on their rule. Essentially, play HS all you want. There are plenty of leagues, and quality ones at that, that will allow that. They are looking for a different type of player, one who is willing to sacrifice to develop. Those few months away do nothing to help the player. It may help the person, but not the player.

In a few years, we can all look back and see if it was the right mover or not. So far, for some, it's a mistake and players would rather go that route. For others, it's a non-factor.
        I don't know if it's necessarily a mistake for the top 5% that USSF cares really cares about. The problem is that in order to run this huge league they created the HS rule does come into play there. There's also little in it for the players - you tell a boy you'll play for free at a professional MLS club but you have to give up HS? Most boys will take that offer all day long. Give that up to play at NYSC or worse AND pay for it? Not so many takers.

Comment

I don't know if it's necessarily a mistake for the top 5% that USSF cares really cares about. The problem is that in order to run this huge league they created the HS rule does come into play there. There's also little in it for the players - you tell a boy you'll play for free at a professional MLS club but you have to give up HS? Most boys will take that offer all day long. Give that up to play at NYSC or worse AND pay for it? Not so many takers.
          There's lots in it for all players. There's plenty of kids who just want to play and become the best they can be. The hard work is the fun. It's not for all, and those who want to prioritize the social aspect are not wrong. Nobody is right or wrong. There's a pathway and a league for all types. To dedicate so much time and energy, and money, to an activity then to say "meh, I'll put that on hold for a couple of months and come back to it" are not the type for this league. And, that's OK too.

Comment

HS or not ?

Too funny. If you come in here every day and type it, doesn't make it true
            the democrats tries this does it every day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

There's lots in it for all players. There's plenty of kids who just want to play and become the best they can be. The hard work is the fun. It's not for all, and those who want to prioritize the social aspect are not wrong. Nobody is right or wrong. There's a pathway and a league for all types. To dedicate so much time and energy, and money, to an activity then to say "meh, I'll put that on hold for a couple of months and come back to it" are not the type for this league. And, that's OK too.
              The argument would hold water is the development you seek is at the DA. But the training and matches are mediocre at best. GDA go back to the drawing board. This league is toast.

Comment

the democrats tries this does it every day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                Very true

Comment

The argument would hold water is the development you seek is at the DA. But the training and matches are mediocre at best. GDA go back to the drawing board. This league is toast.
                  Training is excellent. Matches are just the same as in any other league. Some good, some bad, lots of equal.

Comment

Training 4 days a week with poor quality coaching isn't any better than 3 days a week. May as well play games. Some GDA clubs don't even adhere to the 4 day requirement and if the 4th day is just workouts? Motivated players will work out on their own. If they want to play in college they better get used to doing just that.

Comment

Training is excellent. Matches are just the same as in any other league. Some good, some bad, lots of equal.
                      It is utterly dependent on the club and which coach you have. You can't apply that as a blanket statement.

Comment

It is utterly dependent on the club and which coach you have. You can't apply that as a blanket statement.
                        Of course. I'll never speak on anyone else's behalf. Just like all the comments that tell everyone how crappy DA is. If they aren't part of it, were part of it, just heard about it, whatever...can all be thrown away.

Sorry if giving a positive experience is troubling at times for some people.

Comment

Of course. I'll never speak on anyone else's behalf. Just like all the comments that tell everyone how crappy DA is. If they aren't part of it, were part of it, just heard about it, whatever...can all be thrown away.

Exactly. Most Peoples comments here are not based on actual experience.

Comment

We are part of it. It sucks, coaches suck, its too expensive, and the DA doesn't give two craps about development.

Comment

We are part of it. It sucks, coaches suck, its too expensive, and the DA doesn't give two craps about development.
                              I concur

Comment

Games are competitive, training is outstanding, feedback and oversight from USSoccer is excellent, costs the same as other leagues, and I won't vouch for what DA says, but development from the team has been very good. My kid specifically has made huge strides.

I'd prefer if ECNL and DA combined, but we know that won't happen so have to choose the best path for your situation.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X