Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EDP/LIJSL conflict not a done deal

Was on the phone with LIJSL yesterday confirming how I'm supposed to get passes for EDP and out of they blue they mention that there discussions on USYSA possibly allowing kids to play EDP for one club and LIJSL for another, despite them both using USYSA passes.

All I figure is that they really want this new EDP National Conference thing to work and don't want pass conflicts keeping teams from entering.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Was on the phone with LIJSL yesterday confirming how I'm supposed to get passes for EDP and out of they blue they mention that there discussions on USYSA possibly allowing kids to play EDP for one club and LIJSL for another, despite them both using USYSA passes.

All I figure is that they really want this new EDP National Conference thing to work and don't want pass conflicts keeping teams from entering.
    Yes LIJSL wants rhst so they do not lose revenue from the passes....they still suck

Comment

Yes LIJSL wants rhst so they do not lose revenue from the passes....they still suck
      *that

Comment

Anything new on this? Can a player play on a LIJSL team and on an EDP team?

Comment

Anything new on this? Can a player play on a LIJSL team and on an EDP team?
          Within the same club, certainly.

As for doing it with two different clubs, it's still a no at this point.

Comment

Within the same club, certainly.

As for doing it with two different clubs, it's still a no at this point.
            I heard there is an Eastern New York Youth Soccer by-law amendment vote in early August to address this. I guess if it passes they will be able to play.

Comment

If ENY does pass an amendment, it would be ridiculous. This would allow for plenty of dubious clubs, teams and coaches to take advantage and abuse this amendment/rule.

If they didn't want to go back and try to fix an issue, they should have considered this before entering the alliance with EDP.

Given they didn't think about this in advance, I have no faith in their ability to draft a rule which won't be abused.

Comment

If ENY does pass an amendment, it would be ridiculous. This would allow for plenty of dubious clubs, teams and coaches to take advantage and abuse this amendment/rule.

If they didn't want to go back and try to fix an issue, they should have considered this before entering the alliance with EDP.

Given they didn't think about this in advance, I have no faith in their ability to draft a rule which won't be abused.
                I just don't think anyone really had a clue about how many teams and players were playing for two different clubs at the same time.

Comment

I heard there is an Eastern New York Youth Soccer by-law amendment vote in early August to address this. I guess if it passes they will be able to play.
                  Kind of too late for that decision? Nyet?

Comment

Most LIJ clubs have prepared to lose there EDP players by now. LIJ is heading for more losses

Comment

I just don't think anyone really had a clue about how many teams and players were playing for two different clubs at the same time.
                      Then, this was short-sighted.

Most boys and girls playing at the higher divisions of LIJ played on Sundays for either other teams or played NY Club with their LIJ club.

This just seems to be a cluster. Worse, they are waiting until August to figure this out. What if there is no resolution. Teams will be left to scramble to fill out rosters as families will make a choice to where to play.

Comment

Talked to a couple of people today.

ENYYSA has agreed in principle to allow kids to play for two different clubs with two separate USYSA cards as long as the teams they are rostered on are playing in different leagues. Mostly what they are arguing about now is how to make that work in practice which is going to take at least a few more weeks to straighten out.

So nothing official and still things might change if the leagues themselves object, which I would not put past LIJSL, but at least in theory they are going to allow it. The timing is terrible though as a number of teams already disbanded over this issue.

Comment

Has this been resolved yet?

Comment

Has this been resolved yet?
                            Nope your kid will need to choose one team. Which one?

Comment

From LIJSL today.

At present, State Registration rules do NOT permit Dual Rostering (Player appears on roster of two different, distinct member league club teams) which would enable this.
                              However, several different member clubs have expressed concern of the ability to enable players to do this so that they remain within their home club.

In some instances, LIJSL member clubs have felt that players may choose to leave their home league club team in its’ entirety, potentially causing that home club team a hardship.

In other situations, several member clubs have approached LIJSL to consider allowing Primary & Secondary carding. This would permit respective member club teams to participate separately in LIJSL (HOME) league play, and then collectively participate (as a combined or consortium team, ONLY with the express permission of their respective clubs) together in either EDP/ENY or US Youth EDP Conferences.

Could this aid your club, allowing players to remain in their home (community-based) club, while also participating for another team in a higher-level competitive platform?

Would You Be in Favor of LIJSL Considering Primary & Secondary Carding?

We would like to hear your opinion and ask that you submit any thoughts or concerns to us by no later than July 9th

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X