Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I am the OP. I was think you have missed my point (at least I hope that is the case). I only want to help my daughter have a chance at playing in college. That's it. She is not considered a prospect. She is not college ready nor have I been given any advice on where to go. Not sure where you go that from this thread.

I'm not a know-it-all. That's why I am asking questions. I'm trying to educate myself and be resourceful.

I do think good coaches share similar qualities, such as ability to motivate, good communicator, knowledgeable, etc etc. I'm relating what I get in soccer to what I get elsewhere. When I buy another product or service or how things work in the work place. A certain deliverable or level of quality is expected back (assuming my daughter is capable to continue to grow). I can't do it myself, so I need help.
    Maybe I've been on TS too long, but I'm getting a whiff of trolling here... like the OP is trying too hard to get folks to start naming coaches and clubs for him to check out. Then, within 2 pages the bashing will begin in earnest.

Comment

I am the OP. I was think you have missed my point (at least I hope that is the case). I only want to help my daughter have a chance at playing in college. That's it. She is not considered a prospect. She is not college ready nor have I been given any advice on where to go. Not sure where you go that from this thread.

I'm not a know-it-all. That's why I am asking questions. I'm trying to educate myself and be resourceful.

I do think good coaches share similar qualities, such as ability to motivate, good communicator, knowledgeable, etc etc. I'm relating what I get in soccer to what I get elsewhere. When I buy another product or service or how things work in the work place. A certain deliverable or level of quality is expected back (assuming my daughter is capable to continue to grow). I can't do it myself, so I need help.
      There are Walmarts and there are Nordstoms-figure out which one works best for you

Comment

Maybe I've been on TS too long, but I'm getting a whiff of trolling here... like the OP is trying too hard to get folks to start naming coaches and clubs for him to check out. Then, within 2 pages the bashing will begin in earnest.
        Notice also that the clubs mentioned started with south shore. Just makes you go hmmm

Comment

Notice also that the clubs mentioned started with south shore. Just makes you go hmmm
          OP here... not my intent at all. I think people here are too jaded to trust anyone on this board because of the anonymity and because some posters feel the liberty to be rude behind a keyboard. I was hoping for names and clubs but I don't think it's going to work. Thanks to those that gave some real insight and advice.

Comment

FC Stars South Shore will be led by female coaches/great role models

Comment

HAha HAha

Comment

True that?

Unfortunately, the sarcastic and condescending replies here are the exact reason clubs don't offer this kind of service. A parent interested in development is ridiculed. In the US, winning is the only thing that matters. Try to actually develop a kid, and this is the feedback you get.

Good luck, OP. I'd like to think maybe the smaller clubs might do a better job here but if she's already close to HS age and you're hoping for college, I wonder if you could an afford to trade the exposure that a higher level team would give for development.
                Actually I don't believe clubs base there business model on trolls on forums. Sarcasm is hard to pick up in written responses. The responders while maybe a bit jaded are actually correct. I have had literally 100s of parents tell me their kid has this or that athletic attribute when they just don't. Be your kid's biggest fan and advocate. Just don't expect a PT paid coach to care all that much about your kid. Most ft coaches have 4 or even 5 teams plus other responsibilities within the club. How could they possibly do more than coach your kid?

Comment

Ummm not these particular ones!!

Comment

Actually I don't believe clubs base there business model on trolls on forums. Sarcasm is hard to pick up in written responses. The responders while maybe a bit jaded are actually correct. I have had literally 100s of parents tell me their kid has this or that athletic attribute when they just don't. Be your kid's biggest fan and advocate. Just don't expect a PT paid coach to care all that much about your kid. Most ft coaches have 4 or even 5 teams plus other responsibilities within the club. How could they possibly do more than coach your kid?
                    Ok DG!!

Comment

There is almost no development, unless you get dumb lucky. Ask your older—u16?—player what sideways on means, or up back and through, or ask when and where and how to double a player. I asked about this years ago here and was accused of being an eager new C license coach. It was flattering, but really? Then it was explained that most players will never need to know this. So what everyone has, everywhere—unless you are very lucky—is a going through of the motions of ‘practice’. Special players will improve on their own time, and then we are told that that is what needs to happen anyway—somewhere between true and a complete abdication of the coaching role.

Comment

If parents do enough research they will find DG is in fact NOT even close to a good role model!!!

Comment

There is almost no development, unless you get dumb lucky. Ask your older—u16?—player what sideways on means, or up back and through, or ask when and where and how to double a player. I asked about this years ago here and was accused of being an eager new C license coach. It was flattering, but really? Then it was explained that most players will never need to know this. So what everyone has, everywhere—unless you are very lucky—is a going through of the motions of ‘practice’. Special players will improve on their own time, and then we are told that that is what needs to happen anyway—somewhere between true and a complete abdication of the coaching role.
                          What does “sideways on” mean?
                          And will it ever be used on a pitch anywhere in this country?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X