Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tryout Week is at hand: Who is considering switching Clubs?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Capturing or Abducting them? FSA needs them.
    yes need them because they are doing so well in GDA

Comment

yes need them because they are doing so well in GDA
      Look, the OW kids are not the best. They've had creativity and a desire to push forward coached out of them. But, yeah, FSA needs them, anyway. Question is, will FSA bump down some established ECNL players to make room for the new talent. I expect not except in a few cases where the OW player contacts the FSA coach directly and makes the ECNL team outside of tryouts.

Comment

I like AFC a lot. If I had a kid that wanted to play in college, though, I would see if i could land an NPL spot at FSA (ECNL is closed, as we know...) if only for the fact they go to PDA and the recruiting opportunities are better than AFC. If my kid just wanted HS varsity and maybe club or IM in college then yeah I would stay at AFC...
        I've got news for you, small clubs get about the same exposure as the FSA NPL squads. FSA A teams are all terrible, nevermind the B and C teams.

Comment

I've got news for you, small clubs get about the same exposure as the FSA NPL squads. FSA A teams are all terrible, nevermind the B and C teams.
          Not true. FSA ECNL teams get the most exposure to college scouts through ECNL events. And, FSA will pull NPL (B) teams from a tournament to give an ECNL team more exposure. Even so, FSA's NPL teams probably got the strongest college commits of all B teams in the state. Except for Wolves, outside of CFC, OW, and FSA, no club got significant commits on the girl's side.

Comment

No club is ever "closed". If you are good enough, there's always a roster spot open.
            ^^^^^ Gets it! No matter how much you spend, when a stud comes along, they will take time from your kid (or the spot entirely). The boatload of cash you dropped to get them on the team is a fee, not an insurance policy.

Comment

No AFC kid is going to get an ECNL spot on an established ECNL team. They are "fine" but they are not ECNL level by any stretch...
              Yeah, FSA is so ECNL! Despite the patch, you have little in common with any other ECNL teams save Albertson and a host of other bad teams (far closer to LISC than PDA).

Comment

Not true. FSA ECNL teams get the most exposure to college scouts through ECNL events. And, FSA will pull NPL (B) teams from a tournament to give an ECNL team more exposure. Even so, FSA's NPL teams probably got the strongest college commits of all B teams in the state. Except for Wolves, outside of CFC, OW, and FSA, no club got significant commits on the girl's side.
                Yes, and all of the coaches are getting writers cramp on the sideline of those games .... NOT THIS KID ... AWFUL ..... CANT PLAY .... NEVER PASSES ..... TURNOVER MACHINE! Those are the comments next to each kid's name in the FSA brochure. It is getting really tiring of FSA toot their own horn when they play so poorly and do not get the commits that you would think from this type of bragging. Keep sending your checks though. I believe you owe $2500 of next year's fees before 11/1!

Comment

Unfortunate timing for us - a non soccer related injury means mine can't try out, or even go to practices before tryouts start. We want to change for many reasons, but may have to say yes to our present club just to know there's a place. Maybe take a gamble in the fall for something better? Not ideal but kids get hurt.

Comment

FSA is capturing a ton of OW kids this year, partly because of h.s., partly because of OW coaching.
                    Why? They arent going to bump one of their existing ECNL kids. If anything it would be DA to NPL and they can do NPL at OW so what would be the point...

Comment

Not true. No small club gets an invite to the PDA showcase. For a lot of kids, that alone is worth the price tag.

Comment

Not true. No small club gets an invite to the PDA showcase. For a lot of kids, that alone is worth the price tag.
                        YU sends team(s) to PDA every year- small and NPL
                        so it does and can happen
                        the whole ECNL club goes as per league rules

Comment

YU sends team(s) to PDA every year- small and NPL
                          so it does and can happen
                          the whole ECNL club goes as per league rules
                          YU has their one and only good team going this year, U16s (link). Very few NPL teams get invited to PDA. A few other clubs got teams into Jeff Cup. But this year with GDA and ECNL sucking up the coach bandwidth lesser events aren't getting the views.
                          http://www.pdasoccer.org/tournaments...se/512211.html

Comment

^^^That's my point. OW does not go to PDA. Academica certainly doesnt. Not even CFC Wolves go.

It is the probably the #1 D1 recruiting showcase on the east coast. Your kid may go the GPS or NEFC showcase, but gettiing a look by Anna Maria College is NOT the same thing as getting a look by William and Mary, for example.

Comment

^^^That's my point. OW does not go to PDA. Academica certainly doesnt. Not even CFC Wolves go.

It is the probably the #1 D1 recruiting showcase on the east coast. Your kid may go the GPS or NEFC showcase, but gettiing a look by Anna Maria College is NOT the same thing as getting a look by William and Mary, for example.
                              That's fine. Not everyone aspires to or has the skills for high level D1. If you want top D1 then yes you pretty much need ECNL or DA. But CT doesn't have many "top" D1 players. There are many options out there for players aspiring to play in college.

Comment

Tryout Week is at hand: Who is considering switching Clubs?

Look, the OW kids are not the best. They've had creativity and a desire to push forward coached out of them. But, yeah, FSA needs them, anyway. Question is, will FSA bump down some established ECNL players to make room for the new talent. I expect not except in a few cases where the OW player contacts the FSA coach directly and makes the ECNL team outside of tryouts.
                                You are knocking the OW kids? Didnt they beat the heck out of FSA?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X