X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You were a quitter at 14. Congrats.
    Nah I was a realist , my parents wanted me to keep trying lol , kind of what’s going on with all the b c d teams , parents pushing the issue, that’s why we have all these clubs just banking . Selling the scholarship nt team angle , improve improve , develop develop , when in reality it just isn’t going to happen.

Comment

at what age should someone come to the realization that their little girl, all star rec girl, just isnt going to be that good?

i played til i was 14, realized i was ok, but no amount of training would get me to the next level, i quit, played rec ball a couple of years and then enjoyed HS

soccer aint like football or baseball, if you dont get the touches and skills by the time you are 10-11, the real madrid coach aint going to make you a better player no matter ho wmay days a week you are out there
      In American Soccer you don't need the touches and skills. What you need is to be big, fast and tough. That's why the quality of this sport is very poor.

Comment

Thank you, but I am not asking for club options. We know what rosters have openings and where. Most clubs are able to give a rough schedule for leagues and tournaments, plus their assigned coach. I simply want to know the names of the coaches for BU Pre-GDA next season.
        what age next season?

Comment

In American Soccer you don't need the touches and skills. What you need is to be big, fast and tough. That's why the quality of this sport is very poor.
          Quick question if a kid "soccer player" is bigger stronger faster why does that not make him better? It does in every other sport on the planet ! Basketball football baseball cricket volleyball track swimming ect...Just so you know all coaches want to win and all clubs want to win So that means the bigger stronger faster kids play over all the other kids on team. A kid can have all the skill in the world but if they are slow they will sit. Do not get me wrong the big strong fast kids need to have some skills also and can development them if they really work on it and enjoys the game. A kid that has skills at a young age will do better because size and speed and strength do not matter.If they do not grow You can not develop size strength speed because that is something you can not develop.

Comment

Quick question if a kid "soccer player" is bigger stronger faster why does that not make him better? It does in every other sport on the planet ! Basketball football baseball cricket volleyball track swimming ect...Just so you know all coaches want to win and all clubs want to win So that means the bigger stronger faster kids play over all the other kids on team. A kid can have all the skill in the world but if they are slow they will sit. Do not get me wrong the big strong fast kids need to have some skills also and can development them if they really work on it and enjoys the game. A kid that has skills at a young age will do better because size and speed and strength do not matter.If they do not grow You can not develop size strength speed because that is something you can not develop.
            Messe is 1 a billion and you do not need to list the other handful of great small players

Comment

This is an example of what holds back American soccer. Strength can certainly be "developed" and that's not very hard to do. If by "size" you mean height, it gives and it takes away. Tall players are better playing the ball from the air, but don't make the best ball handlers - too much leg. Also, they don't cut and turn as well as a more compact player. The same can be said of being too small. It comes down to skill and speed.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41818468

Comment

This is an example of what holds back American soccer. Strength can certainly be "developed" and that's not very hard to do. If by "size" you mean height, it gives and it takes away. Tall players are better playing the ball from the air, but don't make the best ball handlers - too much leg. Also, they don't cut and turn as well as a more compact player. The same can be said of being too small. It comes down to skill and speed.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41818468
                Big meaning can body a small player off ball or off him. Size helps positioning for ball.Speed also comes with size.look at size of pro players from all over the world size matters. How do you develop strength?

Comment

Big meaning can body a small player off ball or off him. Size helps positioning for ball.Speed also comes with size.look at size of pro players from all over the world size matters. How do you develop strength?
                  Lifting weights, duh. And the speed argument is b.s. I still go by the article on the premier league - average height in the league is less than 6 feet. Maybe you know more about soccer than the managers in the premier league, but I doubt it. Also Mo Salah, one of the league's top scorers is 5'9". Its not just Messi that's short and does really, really well. The whole height size thing is an American phenomenon and you can see where it gets you in international play - sitting on your ass watching the world cup on T.V.

Comment

Lifting weights, duh. And the speed argument is b.s. I still go by the article on the premier league - average height in the league is less than 6 feet. Maybe you know more about soccer than the managers in the premier league, but I doubt it. Also Mo Salah, one of the league's top scorers is 5'9". Its not just Messi that's short and does really, really well. The whole height size thing is an American phenomenon and you can see where it gets you in international play - sitting on your ass watching the world cup on T.V.
                    Messi and Salah are two of the fastest and quickest short ballers , so what they don’t have in size they make up in speed , it’s one or the other

Comment

Messi and Salah are two of the fastest and quickest short ballers , so what they don’t have in size they make up in speed , it’s one or the other
                      Germany best team in world
                      most of starting lineup 6'1 and over

Comment

Why are you talking about World Cup on a BU thread?

Comment

Why are you talking about World Cup on a BU thread?
                          hold on are you telling me that BU is not a pathway to world cup?

Comment

The issue is not the sport itself. The problem is the coaches in this country don't know to develop the talent. They don't understand this game needs technical players for some positions, and faster players for another.

Comment

The issue is not the sport itself. The problem is the coaches in this country don't know to develop the talent. They don't understand this game needs technical players for some positions, and faster players for another.
                              yes correct you need both

Comment

hold on are you telling me that BU is not a pathway to world cup?
                                The 2 morons talking about size and speed that have nothing to do with this thread. Talk about easily distracted!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X