Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Promotion/Relegation

If it’s not promotion/relegation it’s a country club in my humble opinion. I know DOC’s talked about that it creates a winnning at all cost environment but can we at least agree it’s always been that way. These are your coaches so you control your coaches and clubs philosophy. These country clubs are killing the game. It’s evident that not everyone even with a free pass can develop teams throughout the entire club. We are about to have 5 clubs in the whole state
    and the elite player is no better than he/she was 10 years ago. Let’s go promotion/relegation give mom and pops a chance at an elite team and a chance to develop a really good player without stealing them. FYI that player was typically the best player in the state because he or she was the centerpiece of the team. Also for the big clubs give your satellites a chance to do something without pushing them down to lower leagues because they won’t drive 2 hrs.

The monopoly is getting old and Parents are driving more which is eating at the fabric of the family. Give everyone a chance at this thing because it’s mirroring society. The rich is getting richer and every time someone gets close they change the rules. In this case we are changing the leagues. Im pretty sure something else is around the corner.

Learning to win is part of development. Learning to play with a lead, from behind, etc. are necessary to understanding how to play the game.

If you just teach "let's play out of the back" as they only rule, you aren't preparing players for the future. I'm an advocate of ball possession, but also realize if you are down a goal let...hump the fvckin' ball up there and put some pressure in their end. You only change your tactics if winning becomes necessary.

I'm all for promo/rele at U-13 and above.

Comment

There's a huge difference between a club or coach valuing competition for the sake of developing players and a club or coach valuing the result of match for their own benefit while sacrificing the development of well-rounded players in their pursuit of the result.

Coach and parent behavior on match day is usually a great signal for telling everyone else which they value more.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        If it’s not promotion/relegation it’s a country club in my humble opinion. I know DOC’s talked about that it creates a winnning at all cost environment but can we at least agree it’s always been that way. These are your coaches so you control your coaches and clubs philosophy. These country clubs are killing the game. It’s evident that not everyone even with a free pass can develop teams throughout the entire club. We are about to have 5 clubs in the whole state
        and the elite player is no better than he/she was 10 years ago. Let’s go promotion/relegation give mom and pops a chance at an elite team and a chance to develop a really good player without stealing them. FYI that player was typically the best player in the state because he or she was the centerpiece of the team. Also for the big clubs give your satellites a chance to do something without pushing them down to lower leagues because they won’t drive 2 hrs.

The monopoly is getting old and Parents are driving more which is eating at the fabric of the family. Give everyone a chance at this thing because it’s mirroring society. The rich is getting richer and every time someone gets close they change the rules. In this case we are changing the leagues. Im pretty sure something else is around the corner.
        I am totally behind this. I am the single pyramid guy. Who could get it done?

Comment

I am totally behind this. I am the single pyramid guy. Who could get it done?
          As long as there are multiple leagues competing for clubs and talent it will never happen. It can only work under one umbrella.

Comment

As long as there are multiple leagues competing for clubs and talent it will never happen. It can only work under one umbrella.
            Who has the biggest umbrella?

Comment

Let the ECNL and DA do their thing but can the rest of us create one regional league promotion/relegation?

Comment

Let the ECNL and DA do their thing but can the rest of us create one regional league promotion/relegation?
                Good luck with that

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X