Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It is since you took it out of someone else's mouth...

Yes you pay, but to deny that there was a commitment involved and there was a two way agreement is self serving. But then again I am certainly getting the visual of an extremely selfish person in your writings.

Part of the value of youth sports is to provide a venue for a child/adolescent to learn the value of commitment, the skills of time management, and to offer him/her the opportunity to learn how to work within a "team" environment. That means understand how he or she can function to contribute to the overall success of the team (and I don't necessarily mean the score -a team's success can be measured in many more ways). That's why I like to hire former athletes, they tend to fit in well in our company's culture. You and your child if your position is that the team is there only to serve your purposes, perhaps your family's culture and values would be better suited to solitary pursuits; maybe you play golf?

I am sticking with my position- your child accepted the deal, committed to participate to the best of her ability, and you want to bag out on your commitment when it isn't convenient for you.
    Not at all. please spare me the lesson on values. The entire endeavor is filled with people looking out for themselves from top to bottom. The amateur diagnosis is just that. My child is paying for instruction and to be part of a Club. its my job to look after her even if the people paid to often dont. Please explain what part of going to multiple showcases in California when already committed is of benefit to her while other uncommitted players sit on the bench?

We did not pay to be used for generate wins to further the agenda of others.

Comment

If your team wants a family of strong logic and poor character, they are all set.
      So character is flying across the country multiple times to either not play or take minutes from kids who are not committed ? Right.

Comment

So character is flying across the country multiple times to either not play or take minutes from kids who are not committed ? Right.
        Character is when I tell the team before I and they all sign on to be team members that i will not be attending the showcases. If I am honest and upfront about that from the get go I have behaved responsibly imo.

Comment

Character is when I tell the team before I and they all sign on to be team members that i will not be attending the showcases. If I am honest and upfront about that from the get go I have behaved responsibly imo.
          And if for some reason I am not to play in the games then obviously why would I go?

Comment

Not at all. please spare me the lesson on values. The entire endeavor is filled with people looking out for themselves from top to bottom. The amateur diagnosis is just that. My child is paying for instruction and to be part of a Club. its my job to look after her even if the people paid to often dont. Please explain what part of going to multiple showcases in California when already committed is of benefit to her while other uncommitted players sit on the bench?

We did not pay to be used for generate wins to further the agenda of others.
            Read carefully back through again because you badly need a lesson in values.

Comment

Don't disagree with you. If they offered the spot to your child with the terms clearly laid out.

Comment

It's not about an individual's minutes. In fact it is not about an individual anything that's the point of this discussion. It's about the role your family was asked to fulfill as part of accepting the terms in being part of the team. If the team decides that your child's present is not needed or desired, (as for example they would like to offer another player more time) then of course its fine to decline to travel.

Character is in completing what you started. Character is in supporting others through a shared experience. Character is upholding your end of a bargain. And I could go on, but I am clearly speaking to a troll or God forbid, worse; someone who really believes their rhetoric.

Just admit you are proud to be a very self absorbed individual, are teaching your children to follow in your footsteps by always looking out for number one, and we can move on. You certainly aren't alone in this position.

Comment

Don't disagree with you. If they offered the spot to your child with the terms clearly laid out.
                  Well if it was clear then no issue. You made it seem like you decided along the way to bail on the far away event.

Comment

It's not about an individual's minutes. In fact it is not about an individual anything that's the point of this discussion. It's about the role your family was asked to fulfill as part of accepting the terms in being part of the team. If the team decides that your child's present is not needed or desired, (as for example they would like to offer another player more time) then of course its fine to decline to travel.

Character is in completing what you started. Character is in supporting others through a shared experience. Character is upholding your end of a bargain. And I could go on, but I am clearly speaking to a troll or God forbid, worse; someone who really believes their rhetoric.

Just admit you are proud to be a very self absorbed individual, are teaching your children to follow in your footsteps by always looking out for number one, and we can move on. You certainly aren't alone in this position.
                    Another armchair expert extolling values around a system that has none. it is really no surprise that people are led around by the nose by Clubs. That takes real character.

Comment

please spare me. do you insist on all the players on your team play equal minutes? Do you go and stand up to the Club when a team mate is being unfairly treated? so many of you make me laugh. You do what best for you and then sit in judgement when others do the same.

Comment

please spare me. do you insist on all the players on your team play equal minutes? Do you go and stand up to the Club when a team mate is being unfairly treated? so many of you make me laugh. You do what best for you and then sit in judgement when others do the same.
                        Ok troll. Fine. Stay home.

Comment

Lol again you don't seem to comprehend the issues.
                          No one signs on to a top team with a commitment from the club for equal minutes. That's not part of the deal and yes they spell that out before your child commits her time and heart and you commit your time and money. I suppose you are talking about play time as some act of injustice toward a player. No I understand that play time is earned as was clearly defined as part of the deal. If I saw a coach berating one of my children's teammates I definitely would speak up, but gladly that hasn't happened.

Of course I am invested in my child's interest. But here's, again where we differ. I understand that what is best for my child is her learning how to function in groups. I understand that what is best for my child is learning how to honor a commitment. I understand that what is best for my child is sometimes dealing with adversity when things don't go exactly how she would like.

You have been on here saying over and over how you will act in your own interest at all times and you owe nothing to your child's teammates, coaches and club. That is sad actually and you are clearly teaching your child something different than I.

I really don't understand why you insist on repeatedly telling us, in varying iterations, that you are a self centered unpleasant person trying to raise another.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X