Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Nationals? Not so much. One would expect about 50 teams competing in a tournament with a ‘National’ designation-right? My D’s team competed in the Nationals in July in Indy last year. There were less than 20 teams and 2 were from NJ (no West Coast teams either). IMO- just another tournament to make $.
    Which one? And which age group? I know for a fact that in girls side there were West cost teams throughout all ages for both, and in 04 age group, NEFC played Legends FC in NPL Nationals and Stars played Dallas FC in National Cup finals.

Yes, we know that there are no DA teams, and sometimes not a lot of ECNL teams, but for NPL level teams it’s pretty darn strong. Take your elitist crap back to the other million threads.

Comment

Nationals? Not so much. One would expect about 50 teams competing in a tournament with a ‘National’ designation-right? My D’s team competed in the Nationals in July in Indy last year. There were less than 20 teams and 2 were from NJ (no West Coast teams either). IMO- just another tournament to make $.
      We had far more than that and played teams from sates we'd never played before

Comment

Which one? And which age group? I know for a fact that in girls side there were West cost teams throughout all ages for both, and in 04 age group, NEFC played Legends FC in NPL Nationals and Stars played Dallas FC in National Cup finals.

Yes, we know that there are no DA teams, and sometimes not a lot of ECNL teams, but for NPL level teams it’s pretty darn strong. Take your elitist crap back to the other million threads.
        Believe me - we were in Indianapolis in July (not my choice destination in the middle of summer-btw). My D’s team won the MA State Cup - NEFC NS 2002. So they played in the National Cup. In our bracket - there were no West coast teams. Elitist? My daughter played in the NEP last year. I’m just stating the facts. Nationals to me means about 50 teams, not 20. So, therefore, IMO, it was just another tournament.

Comment

Believe me - we were in Indianapolis in July (not my choice destination in the middle of summer-btw). My D’s team won the MA State Cup - NEFC NS 2002. So they played in the National Cup. In our bracket - there were no West coast teams. Elitist? My daughter played in the NEP last year. I’m just stating the facts. Nationals to me means about 50 teams, not 20. So, therefore, IMO, it was just another tournament.
          Our group had some states choose not to participate - cost is the most likely culprit, plus it being summer with family plans and camps already set. Not sure out team will haul it out to Denver if we make it - it's definitely not driveable and airfare and car rentals are costly there (I'm there for work a lot). Way more fun location than Indy through :)

Comment

With National Cup, they put the smaller/weaker State Cup winners (like RI/NH) in the second division. Perhaps that is where many of the other states were?

Comment

With National Cup, they put the smaller/weaker State Cup winners (like RI/NH) in the second division. Perhaps that is where many of the other states were?
              And not to mention there are regional competitions for the other regions (but not the northeast), which means many of the State Cup winners are eliminated there, and never make it to National Cup. Pretty sure if there were no west teams, it’s because they were eliminated at regionals.

Comment

Our group had some states choose not to participate - cost is the most likely culprit, plus it being summer with family plans and camps already set. Not sure out team will haul it out to Denver if we make it - it's definitely not driveable and airfare and car rentals are costly there (I'm there for work a lot). Way more fun location than Indy through :)
                There will be a ton more western teams in Denver and a lot less Eastern this time. There are always teams that pull out, especially when it’s farther away. That’s why they alternate between (usually) Indy and Denver.

Comment

Hmmm. Looking at last year’s I see Seacoast in the top bracket for all girls age groups and carried themself well. Made one finals losing to SSS

Comment

Bs. That 2002 bracket included teams from washington state, Missouri, Florida, South Carolina, New Jersey, and New York. You can look it up. I consider Washington state to be on the west coast.

Comment

Bs. That 2002 bracket included teams from washington state, Missouri, Florida, South Carolina, New Jersey, and New York. You can look it up. I consider Washington state to be on the west coast.
                      No need to look it up - I believe you. But I do have an assignment for you. Please report back with every state represented for each age group (boys & girls) and every bracket (premier & super). If you still are looking for something to do- go back to 2011-2016 and do the same.

Comment

Makes sense - thanks for your input!

Comment

No need to look it up - I believe you. But I do have an assignment for you. Please report back with every state represented for each age group (boys & girls) and every bracket (premier & super). If you still are looking for something to do- go back to 2011-2016 and do the same.
                          So you were proven wrong but had to be a jerk in response?

Comment

So you were proven wrong but had to be a jerk in response?
                            You missed the point of the thesis and took an erroneous footnote (west coast) and ran with it-complete with swearing.

Comment

What you haven't considered is USYS here. A majority of states send their best teams on their NCS pathway (New England an exception), not through USClub National Cup. That's why there weren't 50 teams at a national. And why did you get so fixated on 50 teams? Why not 4 (1 for each region?). Why not NL qualifiers there too?

Comment

You missed the point of the thesis and took an erroneous footnote (west coast) and ran with it-complete with swearing.
                                Different poster - and neither that other poster nor myself swore.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X