Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The DA is not the future of a competitive league that is practical. It may be the future of a more rigorous training environment, but they will not have enough clubs (that have the quality that is desired) to sustain itself as a league that plays weekly games across states.
    any parent who is paying for a league needs their head examined. you should be paying for a rigorous training environment whether ECNL or GDA.

Comment

any parent who is paying for a league needs their head examined. you should be paying for a rigorous training environment whether ECNL or GDA.
      Agreed, that is why my daughter is at NYCFC, training is fierce.

Comment

P.S. BBA got lucky on Saturday, 0-2-1 not a great record for the Mendon Marauders.

Comment

Good for you but that is of no use to Mass. players. Take it to the NY forum.

Comment

Good for you but that is of no use to Mass. players. Take it to the NY forum.
            CT lurker here - NYCFC dad is constantly bragging on the TS CT board too. You all have some loons in MA but we do too :) . If my kids' options were OW or NYCFC it wouldn't even be a question. But for most CT players NY clubs aren't an option so most ECNL players stayed put instead of going to OW. OW got no top talent and now will really struggle to keep some players and attract new ones.

Comment

Dear Conman,

0-3 for OW isn’t much better, oh and CFC and FSA suck.

Thanks!

Comment

CT lurker here - NYCFC dad is constantly bragging on the TS CT board too. You all have some loons in MA but we do too :) . If my kids' options were OW or NYCFC it wouldn't even be a question. But for most CT players NY clubs aren't an option so most ECNL players stayed put instead of going to OW. OW got no top talent and now will really struggle to keep some players and attract new ones.
                Great NYCFC Dad. Train away. The have fantastic training available in Germany, Spain and France as well but c'est la vie. All soccer is local.

Comment

Great NYCFC Dad. Train away. The have fantastic training available in Germany, Spain and France as well but c'est la vie. All soccer is local.
                  I agree, which is why i dont understand why people debate GDA vs ECNL. surely its Club A vs CLub B and thats it?

Why do supporters of these platforms talk about what happens in Michigan or Cali?

Comment

NYSC is over rated lol. Thank you BBA for exposing them.

Comment

I agree, which is why i dont understand why people debate GDA vs ECNL. surely its Club A vs CLub B and thats it?

Why do supporters of these platforms talk about what happens in Michigan or Cali?
                      Don't know. I think it is worth noting that the vast majority of these NT level players come from outside of the NE so I would not be factoring NT dreams into NE region soccer decisions.

Comment

NYSC is over rated lol. Thank you BBA for exposing them.
                        Another comment I dont understand. lets say NYSC (I think you mean NYCFC) recruited one of the best players at say u16 and beat BBa or anyone else. How would that change the Club experience for you, your daughter or the NYSC/NYCFC kids?

Im surprised that people look at results of their own games so much, but floored that people look at results across multiple age groups.

I like the Club my kid plays at , but I am evaluating how she fits in and how she is improving. winning or losing for her team is not really a big indicator of that and other teams in the Club are no indicator at all.

Comment

Another comment I dont understand. lets say NYSC (I think you mean NYCFC) recruited one of the best players at say u16 and beat BBa or anyone else. How would that change the Club experience for you, your daughter or the NYSC/NYCFC kids?

Im surprised that people look at results of their own games so much, but floored that people look at results across multiple age groups.

I like the Club my kid plays at , but I am evaluating how she fits in and how she is improving. winning or losing for her team is not really a big indicator of that and other teams in the Club are no indicator at all.
                          Folks posting on TS have likely lost all perspective on youth soccer so there is that to consider!

Comment

Don't know. I think it is worth noting that the vast majority of these NT level players come from outside of the NE so I would not be factoring NT dreams into NE region soccer decisions.
                            That may be true currently, but part of that reflects the huge UCLA/ west coast flavor to those who ultimately select. If they hired a East coach coach HC then it would change. given the poor scouting network, they pick what they see most often and listen most intently to those they already trust.

My child has played on those teams from u14 up to now and I can tell you, the WCoast players are not better than many kids we have here.

Comment

That may be true currently, but part of that reflects the huge UCLA/ west coast flavor to those who ultimately select. If they hired a East coach coach HC then it would change. given the poor scouting network, they pick what they see most often and listen most intently to those they already trust.

My child has played on those teams from u14 up to now and I can tell you, the WCoast players are not better than many kids we have here.
                              Regardless, if they are not looking to the NE, the NE is silly to look to them.

Comment

Regardless, if they are not looking to the NE, the NE is silly to look to them.
                                they are. camps are coming up again in May. there will be NE kids in them

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X