Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It's different now. If you want top D1 schools you almost need to be in BDA. But with BS the top players go to MLS clubs. If you're not aiming for top D1 then you don't have to be in BDA and some good players have chosen that route. BS isn't a competitive DA club and its training hasn't moved into the big boy league since it "merged" with SC. All of that is reflected in the list.

For girls, BS is not longer a top club by a Greek mile. Any decent players quickly get out and go to an ECNL or GDA club.
    Wait, wait... when exactly was beachside a top club girls club?

Comment

Wait, wait... when exactly was beachside a top club girls club?
      They were before ECNL came along, so closing in on 10 years ago. They were still doing decently until they "merged" (in name only) with SC. Once that happened they forgot all about the girls so the girls left in droves. Ever since they've been struggling to bring them back but have been unsuccessful.

Comment

They were before ECNL came along, so closing in on 10 years ago. They were still doing decently until they "merged" (in name only) with SC. Once that happened they forgot all about the girls so the girls left in droves. Ever since they've been struggling to bring them back but have been unsuccessful.
        So what excuse does the boys side have for stinking up a storm?

Comment

So what excuse does the boys side have for stinking up a storm?
          They are too close to NYCFC, NYRB and Westchester based clubs

Comment

They are too close to NYCFC, NYRB and Westchester based clubs
            No it isn't just that. They'll always lose the top players to the MLS clubs, but those aren't that many. Their volume loss is the less talented ones to clubs with 1) better coaching, that 2)don't treat families like dirt, and 3) fulfill their promises. Customer service isn't in the BS management handbook. If customers aren't happy and they have options, they'll walk away

Comment

No it isn't just that. They'll always lose the top players to the MLS clubs, but those aren't that many. Their volume loss is the less talented ones to clubs with 1) better coaching, that 2)don't treat families like dirt, and 3) fulfill their promises. Customer service isn't in the BS management handbook. If customers aren't happy and they have options, they'll walk away
              I guess you missed the part about Westchester based clubs ie NYSC

They are squeezed/lose talent by both MLS and non MLS clubs because they treat their customers like crap

Comment

And they still have the nerve to ask for donations, all the time, and for big money.

Comment

A very good point that very few people talk about... it's not just the top talent. Of course they will lose the top 2-3 players per year to another DA or MLS club. At any age below u14, what kills a club is the loss of the middle of the pack players. At this age, a kid who is middle of the pack can be a stud in a year and the studs may drop off or lose interest.

A good club will develop ALL their players knowing that some u11 kid who may not be good enough for DA this year will be a stud in 3-4 years. When tons of non DA families leave (or choose to reject BS offers) it means a lot of potential future talent is going elsewhere.

Comment

Don’t you think it’s crazy there’s over 4,000 posts about how badly BS staff treat there families? Who would want there son or daughter to develop in that kind of environment?

MK has and always will be same type of person

Comment

How did BS do vs Seacoast?

Comment

So far U13+ BS is 8-14-3 W/L/T. Underwhelming to say the least.

Comment

No genius

So far U13+ BS is 8-14-3 W/L/T. Underwhelming to say the least.
                          I'm not a genius here, but just looking at the USSDA website, I don't think the U-13's have won a single game yet. Maybe this isn't accurate, but it looks like they lost to the following clubs, with NO WINS.

NYSC
                          Met Oval
                          World Class
                          FC Westchester
                          NYCFC

Now these are the 5 closest DA clubs in the area right? I mean 0-5 looks bad, if feels bad, and it might BE BAD. But is it because those clubs are just more talented (MLS club obviously is) but each of the listed normal DA clubs above are raided by NYCFC and Red Bulls just the same. Why is Beachside under performing so much. They can't tie ONE FRIGGEN GAME?

If they lose to the Cosmos next week, and head to NC DA Showcase 0-6, how does that look and feel?

Comment

I'm not a genius here, but just looking at the USSDA website, I don't think the U-13's have won a single game yet. Maybe this isn't accurate, but it looks like they lost to the following clubs, with NO WINS.

NYSC
                            Met Oval
                            World Class
                            FC Westchester
                            NYCFC

Now these are the 5 closest DA clubs in the area right? I mean 0-5 looks bad, if feels bad, and it might BE BAD. But is it because those clubs are just more talented (MLS club obviously is) but each of the listed normal DA clubs above are raided by NYCFC and Red Bulls just the same. Why is Beachside under performing so much. They can't tie ONE FRIGGEN GAME?

If they lose to the Cosmos next week, and head to NC DA Showcase 0-6, how does that look and feel?
                            I'm sure it feels great to spend all that money, miss all that school and lose more games in another state. Good times, good times.

Comment

NYSC
                              Met Oval
                              World Class
                              FC Westchester
                              NYCFC

Dunno, but here are some random #s.

Of the 17 players on BS U13 (2006), 3 are 2007, 4 did not play DA in U12, and 2 are GK.

On NYSC U13 (19 players), 3 are ex BS (from U12 year), 5 did not play DA in U12, 0 are 2007 and 1 GK. That team is 3-2-1 (including beating BS 4-3).

Comment

NYSC
                                Met Oval
                                World Class
                                FC Westchester
                                NYCFC

Lots of players left the 2006 BS team the last 2 years. Only 4 or 5 players remain from the original pool of 26 players 2 years ago. It used to be a really talented group, but I guess it isn't anymore.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X