Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NYCSL Metropolitan League

NEW BOYS NYCSL Metropolitian League Announcement!!!!!

The NYCSL is delighted to announce the that the following 3 clubs have been added to the NYCSL METRO LEAGUE:

AC Connecticut
    Atletico FC
    SUSA FC

They will join the 5 clubs below:
    White Plains
    Albertson
    Quickstrike
    Clarkstown
    Auburndale

The league will now accommodate the 05, 04, 03, 02, 01 & 00 boys age groups.

The new league's format will mirror the NYCSL's NPL format and provide aspiring clubs with the opportunity to compare performance in a club based model.

The 8 game home and away season will be dovetailed with NY Cup group games and provide the member clubs with an 11 game spring season.

The Metropolitan League will become the gold standard of league play outside of the NPL with the highest possible level of on and off field standards. NYCSL President Gary Grossman commented “We wanted to give aspiring clubs the proper platform to play in a club based model, with the opportunity to be promoted to the NYCSL NPL”.

NYCSL Technical Director John Curtis "The NYCSL Metropolitan League is for clubs with the expertise, resources and ambition that aspire to provide their players with the best possible developmental platform."

Are clubs playing this in addition to or instead of their other leagues? Most are NPL or EDP already.

Comment

For KK and SUSA additional to EDP generally. I don't know the AC CT team.

Others are town teams that would probably just play this league.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        For KK and SUSA additional to EDP generally. I don't know the AC CT team.

Others are town teams that would probably just play this league.
        thanks

Comment

Those clubs can't be in NPL already because the Met league is advertised as a stepping stone to NPL.

The connecticut team has various teams in the NYCSL premier leagues for several years. They seem to get .500 records and so do well enough to remain in the first division ...

Comment

Greetings!

Newbie here and to the whole youth soccer culture in America which I have to say appears intimidating and more difficult to navigate than Middle Earth. While looking into what is the state/structure of youth soccer and stumbling across all these acronyms of EDP, YDP, ODP, ENCL, NYCSL, NPL and probably developing a bit of OCD and ADHD as I delved further into the rabbit hole, I came across this forum which seemed like a quiet and informed place where a parent could collect their thoughts and gain some insight. So here I am trying to get a bearing on all this....craziness.

Those clubs can't be in NPL already because the Met league is advertised as a stepping stone to NPL.

The connecticut team has various teams in the NYCSL premier leagues for several years. They seem to get .500 records and so do well enough to remain in the first division ...
            I could be totally wrong since I'm not with the "ins" but it appears to me that this (Metropolitan League) is just another "accommodation". It's like having a dining room set with 6 chairs but you get two extra guests for dinner so you have to bust out the folding chairs.

My reasoning would dictate that this is a case of:
            A. Some clubs who are more established and have more facilities, staff and better demographics (hence better quality players and teams) will have more competitive squads of the same age group that need to be accommodated in "top" flights.
            B. Everybody gets a trophy mentality.

In Europe this would be irrational and considered over complicated and unecessary as you would have the same divisions across the board throughout the country (i.e. Division A, Division B , C, D, etc.) and each club would field only one team per age group in each division. The best quality team (what you call "elite") would play in the top A Division and so on. Players would not have a guaranteed spot and can be moved up or down within their club's A team through E team based on performance and/or need.

Cheers

PS. During fall league play and everywhere I look through the NYCSL website through the different divisions I see 5,347,893 SUSA teams. Is that a local club or a franchise like Starbucks?

Comment

AC CT is a newer club with some good teams. Some of their older boys teams play EDP while their younger teams play NYSCL and CCSL

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X