Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Crossfire has a very fast and athletic midfield. Certain clubs simply bypass it with longballs....
    So why don’t you adapt like you claim you did against the teams in San Diego?

Comment

A simple yet unpopular answer for some.....look at game reports and maybe you could figure it out. All you have to do is watch the last time you played them. They outplayed you the first 35 min. and were up 2-0 at half and you did not get anything going until the phantom PK in second half when the xfire coach went to his bench. I know this because I watched the game (my kid played with kids from both teams at odp this last year) and I had to see for myself if the PK and all the other trash talk owas legit or not after you two parent groups had it out after the game on this message board.....

Comment

That was an observation from a Westside parent.

Although we haven't beaten either this year, I think we match up better against FC. This is not to say Crossfire is better overall, but more a question of matchups.

Comment

A simple yet unpopular answer for some.....look at game reports and maybe you could figure it out. All you have to do is watch the last time you played them. They outplayed you the first 35 min. and were up 2-0 at half and you did not get anything going until the phantom PK in second half when the xfire coach went to his bench. I know this because I watched the game (my kid played with kids from both teams at odp this last year) and I had to see for myself if the PK and all the other trash talk owas legit or not after you two parent groups had it out after the game on this message board.....
          If that held true, please explain the game in March on Xfire's field?
          FCP was up for most of the game until Xfire got a 60th minute equalizer only to have FCP get it right back! This game was also played by an FCP team who played for about 50 minutes with 10 players.

Comment

I agree with this.... to an extent. When we have played Crossfire, they have bad a large bench. As many as 7 to 8 players on the bench. I know the last time we played them, 5 starters were on the bench (as opposed to playing defense for the final 15 minutes of a 70 minute game. FC, you have 2 good players up top who are fast and strong. You have a goalie who I believe is the best at this age. Why is it that you haven't "boat raced" Crossfire then? And, in looking at the scores, the biggest beat down has been Crossfire over you 4-2. Oh wait, that doesn't count...It was the first game of the fall! Or the "scrimmage" from last August (which I remember reading about on here) didn't count either! Not sure how or why you think this. Anytime you step on the field it counts. There is a winner and a loser. That is the difference here. Crossfire appears to be focused on developing, while FC appears to be focused on saying they are the best....and then making excuses when they are not.

Comment

I agree with this.... to an extent. When we have played Crossfire, they have bad a large bench. As many as 7 to 8 players on the bench. I know the last time we played them, 5 starters were on the bench (as opposed to playing defense for the final 15 minutes of a 70 minute game. FC, you have 2 good players up top who are fast and strong. You have a goalie who I believe is the best at this age. Why is it that you haven't "boat raced" Crossfire then? And, in looking at the scores, the biggest beat down has been Crossfire over you 4-2. Oh wait, that doesn't count...It was the first game of the fall! Or the "scrimmage" from last August (which I remember reading about on here) didn't count either! Not sure how or why you think this. Anytime you step on the field it counts. There is a winner and a loser. That is the difference here. Crossfire appears to be focused on developing, while FC appears to be focused on saying they are the best....and then making excuses when they are not.
              Well said. FC parents and coaches would be doing themselves a favor to understand this message and take the opportunity be introspective, not defensive.

Comment

Well said. FC parents and coaches would be doing themselves a favor to understand this message and take the opportunity be introspective, not defensive.
                Would not be typical for FC Portland and has everything to do with coach that left. Watch and see BSC DA Team get mostly replaced and same non-development continue at that club.

Comment

Predictions

DA:

CFC 4, ET 0. Capitol doesn't win many games, but they have had no problem against the bottom team in the DA.

FC 4, BSC 1. BSC played better last week in holding WashT to a single goal; unfortunately they weren't able to score themselves. Result was FC 3-0 a few weeks ago.

WT 3, WashT 1. Was the beatdown two weeks ago a fluke, or can we expect more of the same, especially since this time it's in the swamp at Poowerlines? WashT hasn't been the same team in spring that they were in fall, where as WT is playing as well as anyone of late. OTOH, I expect WashT will be fired up--and this is the sort of game where Washington might say "screw it, we've got the 04 season in the bag--Theo and Caleb, show up for the early game". Last time WashT did that, they whipped FC 6-1.

OYSA quarterfinals:

Haven't done any OYSA predictions in a month or so, but here goes.

Bend 3, Eugene 1
                  4H 3, RVT 2
                  FCSC 3, Navy 1
                  Crows 4 F-Bombs 2

Comment

I have never seen a parent group this disconnected from the realities of this game and their kids' positions in it. Never.

I need to know: What exactly is going on with the 2005 age group that would cause this level of self-deception and toxicity?

Comment

I have never seen a parent group this disconnected from the realities of this game and their kids' positions in it. Never.

I need to know: What exactly is going on with the 2005 age group that would cause this level of self-deception and toxicity?
                      Are you the parent of an 05 Boy? Because I feel like you are not. If you were, you wouldn't gave to ask. Like Biggie said...."If you don't know now you know."

Comment

Obviously, pardner, you ain't been in this town very long.

Comment

Had you not heard that Jerry Springer recently moved to LO?

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                            had you not heard that jerry springer recently moved to lo?
                            love it! Lol

Comment

Crossfire has a very fast and athletic midfield. Certain clubs simply bypass it with longballs....
                              I think all teams have a few athletic and fast boys. Why would you specifically call out Crossfire as having these types of players when all teams have them?

Comment

I think all teams have a few athletic and fast boys. Why would you specifically call out Crossfire as having these types of players when all teams have them?
                                Agree with this. Out of all of the DA Clubs, I would probably rate Crossfire's as the least athletic. Undersized and not able to maintain possession very well. Crossfire's athleticism seems to be on their back line, and a couple up top who seem to have speed.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X