'01 Girls

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eastside vs FC Portland this weekend will be a very telling game. Eastside looked stronger in the spring, but FCP won twice in the fall.

This likely is a preview of the finals.

Comment

The statistical analysis earlier in this thread indicates that game is a coin toss, 50/50.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        I have seen them play recently. If you think 1-2 passes then a long ball to the big girls is passing, then ok. But that is not going to develop that team.
        Amen, still not much of a passing game. But better. They are allowing others besides #33 to score.

Comment

Amen, still not much of a passing game. But better. They are allowing others besides #33 to score.
          Anyway, should all be fun games this weekend. Let's move on.

Comment

Ok, ok. Lets be nice guys.

Development happens in a lot of ways at this age. Physically, mentally, and emotionally things are happening so fast that you just have to continue to work on the building blocks and keep girls interested and having fun. Focus on the basics.

I hope that the parents can focus on this being fun. The girls are growing up so fast. Before we know it this will all be a distant memory.

I respectfully ask you guys to refrain from talking about specific players. Kids these days are savvy and many have Internet access: I'd sure hate for my daughter to read about herself online at the age of 10.

Thanks
            Okay, good point actually. We should not call players out by name at all.

But I also hope you would be monitoring your 10 year olds internet usage. My 10 year old certainly doesn't know about sites like this and wouldn't even think to search it. Way beyond anything she would care about at this age.

Comment

But I also hope you would be monitoring your 10 year olds internet usage. My 10 year old certainly doesn't know about sites like this and wouldn't even think to search it. Way beyond anything she would care about at this age.
              I posted the initial request and I can say for sure that my daughter never uses the internet.... except a handful of times a month to look up soccer videos on youtube, with me sitting next to her. Plus, with three soccer practices a week, several games, playdates, choir..etc and homework, the poor kid doesn't even have the free time. I am on the computer all week for work and know there is so much junk out there that kids shouldn't see that I am extra cautious.

But I know lots of kids at age 10 that have Ipod Touch/Kindle/Nook...etc. I suppose they wouldn't likely find this site or this post, but still it probably just isn't a good idea.

So, back to the games.

Comment

Well, I think that Eastside v FCP will be the finals so it really doesn't matter. But I do think that is a funny statement, that they are "allowing" someone besides one player to score. Isn't it the opposing teams that are allowing the other players to score?

I know on our team we work the ball and try to get opporutnities, but if we had the chance to "allow" girls on our team to score then I think we would do that.

I think i understand what you are getting at, but if someone scores, the opposing team is the one who "allows" it.

======

Alright, the big question about the next two weekends, are there any upsets? Predictions?

Comment

My daughter is super smart though, so that could be a difference.

Comment

Ridiculous statement. "allowing others besides # 33 to score"?!! hmmm...I would think a coach would WANT others to score. I can't imagine a coach telling his players not to score but only pass the ball to #33 so she can score. Regardless, glad to see this coach "allowing" his other players to score!

Comment

Ridiculous statement. "allowing others besides # 33 to score"?!! hmmm...I would think a coach would WANT others to score. I can't imagine a coach telling his players not to score but only pass the ball to #33 so she can score. Regardless, glad to see this coach "allowing" his other players to score!
                      Maybe poorly worded but I understand what the poster meant. The original coach had his team play to best use the speed of this forward. Maybe at the expense of the development and enjoyment of the other players. She is fast and physical, no doubt, but also relatively easy to defend against once you know about her. Back in the summer/fall, if she didn't score then this team usually lost the game. Under the new coach, this appears to be changing, even if it's only a small change so far.

Comment

Can we please not identify individual players?

Talk about coaching, strategies, game outcomes, but can we not call out individual players?

Remember we are talking about 10 yr olds.

Clearly this is an anonymous chat room, and you can do whatever you want, but I want to ask for your courtesy on this. Think if your own daughter heard that adults were talking about her on a anonymous chat room.

Thanks

Comment

Can we please not identify individual players?

Talk about coaching, strategies, game outcomes, but can we not call out individual players?

Remember we are talking about 10 yr olds.

Clearly this is an anonymous chat room, and you can do whatever you want, but I want to ask for your courtesy on this. Think if your own daughter heard that adults were talking about her on a anonymous chat room.

Thanks
                          understood...and agreed

Comment

OPL Premier Fall 2013

To change the subject a bit, what should the OPL do with the U12 Premier division this fall? In U11 there were 9 teams in Premier. In U12 there are only 8, with a balanced schedule. Who will these 8 teams be?

FC Portland Navy
                            CFC Red
                            Eastside Timbers Red
                            THUSC Element
                            Westside Timbers Copa TS
                            EMFC Cypress Blue
                            Lake Oswego Storm
                            Washington Timbers Red (formerly Vancouver Timbers)

Other possibilities?

Comment

Who finished last in the Fall?

Comment

Who finished last in the Fall?
                                Lake Oswego finished last, but they are an OPC club while Washington Timbers isn't so is it safe to assume that WA Timbers will lose one of their spots??

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X