Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    My kid got moved to forward...she scored 4 goals yesterday but now middle field is like a sieve and we got crushed....I feel your pain!
    So wait. Your kid got moved to forward and she scored 4 goals, but your team got crushed? So, if your kid stayed at mid field or defense the team would have done better?? Bwaaaa-haaawww! THANKS for the good chuckle. Holy cow this team must suck. The kid scores 4 goals and they lost, what..., 8-4? LOL! Pure gold. Quite the team you got there. Time for a new club?

Comment

So wait. Your kid got moved to forward and she scored 4 goals, but your team got crushed? So, if your kid stayed at mid field or defense the team would have done better?? Bwaaaa-haaawww! THANKS for the good chuckle. Holy cow this team must suck. The kid scores 4 goals and they lost, what..., 8-4? LOL! Pure gold. Quite the team you got there. Time for a new club?
      Just another big fish in a small pond. Dime a dozen.

Comment

My daughter plays a lot of center mid. It is a very important position. They connect the dots from back to front. They can run the whole field - playing both offense and defense. They can also score when given the opportunity. And seriously.... when college coaches coming looking, they can't put together a whole team of forwards! They need players of all positions and you can play a trained midfielder almost anywhere! There's also some pretty awesome women midfielders: Carli Lloyd, Megan Rapinoe, Tobin Heath, Morgan Brian... Stop thinking all the glory comes from forwards! The only ones who think that are the idiot parents on the sidelines who don't really know soccer.

Comment

My daughter plays a lot of center mid. It is a very important position. They connect the dots from back to front. They can run the whole field - playing both offense and defense. They can also score when given the opportunity. And seriously.... when college coaches coming looking, they can't put together a whole team of forwards! They need players of all positions and you can play a trained midfielder almost anywhere! There's also some pretty awesome women midfielders: Carli Lloyd, Megan Rapinoe, Tobin Heath, Morgan Brian... Stop thinking all the glory comes from forwards! The only ones who think that are the idiot parents on the sidelines who don't really know soccer.
          Have you watched college soccer. The ball is in the air half the time. The mids watch it go back and forth like a tennis match. They hardly touch it. Great plan.

Comment

Have you watched college soccer. The ball is in the air half the time. The mids watch it go back and forth like a tennis match. They hardly touch it. Great plan.
            Sounds like teams to avoid...

Comment

My kid got moved to forward...she scored 4 goals yesterday but now middle field is like a sieve and we got crushed....I feel your pain!
              Middle Field

Hehehe - I like this guys style

Comment

We are new to the area. We also found a real good club so that is not why I'm here.The problem is the way my daughter is being utilized. She is 13 and clearly the best player on the field. The problem is her coach puts her at center mid most of the time, The result? She creates multiple scoring chances for the small speedy forwards who score most of the goals and get all of the glory. To make matters worse once they get ahead a couple of goals he puts her back on D to shut down the other team. They are winning a lot but I'm worried her chance of getting a full ride at a good school will be overlooked because of this.
                can't you see than animated lego people saying this in their tinny voices

Comment

Most of the world, except for the very top flights play this way...

Comment

Depends on the opponent, sometimes that's a great tactic.

Comment

Depends on the opponent, sometimes that's a great tactic.
                      Nothing wrong with playing a long ball if you have fast forwards on the retaining line and your opponents defense is pushed higher up the pitch

Comment

Nothing wrong with playing a long ball if you have fast forwards on the retaining line and your opponents defense is pushed higher up the pitch
                        Took awhile but finally some intelligent soccer knowledge on this thread!

Comment

What kind of twisted mind keeps reviving this thread?

Comment

We are new to the area. We also found a real good club so that is not why I'm here.The problem is the way my daughter is being utilized. She is 13 and clearly the best player on the field. The problem is her coach puts her at center mid most of the time, The result? She creates multiple scoring chances for the small speedy forwards who score most of the goals and get all of the glory. To make matters worse once they get ahead a couple of goals he puts her back on D to shut down the other team. They are winning a lot but I'm worried her chance of getting a full ride at a good school will be overlooked because of this.
                            I’d suggest trying e-sports. Won’t have to worry what position she is in...everyone sits down. Good luck.

Comment

Most of the world, except for the very top flights play this way...
                              Kick and chase? Um...no.

Comment

Took awhile but finally some intelligent soccer knowledge on this thread!
                                Kick and chase soccer...it’s great until it becomes clear that all you are doing is turning the ball over 75% of the time.
                                No wonder soccer sucks in this country.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X