•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The Timber's Alliance Alliance?

http://www.northbayysl.com/
    Yep. A Westside Timbers group in northern California.

I think they had a player on the Timbers U23s or in the DA or something.

Had a girls state champ team before too. I think.

Just learned about this so not quite sure.

Comment

There is no coaching staff. They are technical trainers not coaches. Those kids are not learning the game. They are learning to be FreeStyle players. They are missing out
      Valid point. I do know the players absolutely LOVE the training and the flash of it all. Unfortunately the kids and their families will continue to be placed in situations they are not ready for just to feed a couple egos

Comment

I saw them play at multiple age groups and what I saw and you're indicating are two completely different things.

They are extremely talented in three age groups (2004/2005/2006) - likely the most talented groups individually in the Northwest. However, they will short themselves on the results if they don't create a defined style of play. The Washington teams were not nearly as talented as they were by any means, but more efficient at this point in the year. Apparently, it was only their first tournament and I know they got better and better throughout last year.

Time will tell.

I did hear they're adding staff from Brazil.
        The Washington teams have better coaches, training, and consolidated players within the top clubs. Keep on dreaming.

Comment

There is no coaching staff. They are technical trainers not coaches. Those kids are not learning the game. They are learning to be FreeStyle players. They are missing out
          Exactly!! ADF stands for all that is wrong with the game in the USA. Sell a bunch of nonsense to parents about foot skills. Have the players do step overs to cones and fresh air. Teach the players me, me, me!! The players cannot perform these skills in the game because they do not get coached ABOUT THE GAME!! Poor coaches that are all about winning and just care about making $$$'s. You ADF parents need to wise up. ADF have already had kids suffer burn out at 11 years old. You will all be sorry in 2 years because ADF will not be around anymore. They will have moved on to another craze. Maybe Icelandic soccer academy foot skills?

Comment

I saw them play at multiple age groups and what I saw and you're indicating are two completely different things.

They are extremely talented in three age groups (2004/2005/2006) - likely the most talented groups individually in the Northwest. However, they will short themselves on the results if they don't create a defined style of play. The Washington teams were not nearly as talented as they were by any means, but more efficient at this point in the year. Apparently, it was only their first tournament and I know they got better and better throughout last year.

Time will tell.

I did hear they're adding staff from Brazil.
            Right. See you at Surf Cup. Oh wait, there isn't a paper mache division. Sorry.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X