Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I don't understand why it bothers you so much that families and clubs have opted out of the Timbers borg.
    People haven't chosen to consolidate the top talent on any one local club team in any age group and thus be relevant at a state, regional or national level of play. None of the club teams from our state in any of these leagues mentioned: OYSA, FWRL, NWCDA, US National League, WCDA, ECNL, OPL, NPSl have any competitive presence or any level of significant accomplishment in their league or championship platform.....maybe the opportunity to play for a different type of animal, something that's not a local club, like the Portland Thorns GDA will change this reality.

Not bothered by people choosing any clubs, if the clubs continue to dilute the talent amongst the sea of mediocre clubs in our state, it forces a poor parent to pay to fly their child who is actually just a filler for the squad, on the diluted Oregon local club team playing in the ECN. They have to pay thousands of dollars for travel all over USA to get games, get smacked and sit on the bench, that isn't bothersome. That's called insanity.

I do wonder what the hell they are thinking. It's actually confounding and a bit pathetic.
    Why a local club would put them through this type of exploitation and ridicule has nothing to do with a borg.

Comment

The only ridicule these teams and kids go through is the hyperbole from jackasses like you. If you went out and watched some ECNL games you would see our teams compete even when losing. They play strong teams. Yes.... Yes... Some jackass will say they are playing mediocre teams. They don't know what they are taking about. It's just more hyperbole. This forum does not represent reality.

Comment

The only ridicule these teams and kids go through is the hyperbole from jackasses like you. If you went out and watched some ECNL games you would see our teams compete even when losing. They play strong teams. Yes.... Yes... Some jackass will say they are playing mediocre teams. They don't know what they are taking about. It's just more hyperbole. This forum does not represent reality.

Results are not Hyperbole..our local clubs regardless of their league club choice are average teams at best why are they being subjected to teams that smash them...thats all...the war is over now we just have careless carnage...for what.

Comment

Results are not Hyperbole..our local clubs regardless of their league club choice are average teams at best why are they being subjected to teams that smash them...thats all...the war is over now we just have careless carnage...for what.
          Not to have to wear the Timbers patch and not having to put it on my kids.

Borg on brother, borg on.

Comment

What's that? About five drunk posts in a row by the ECNL folks?

Comment

The truth of the matter is that none of the teams are getting smashed. Most results are close. I'm sure there may be a big loss here or there. The truth is (if you're interested in the truth) that the games are competitive.

I know you foolish ECNL haters don't care about that. Mediocre team this and that. It's just hyperbole because you are from a non ECNL club and have to prop up your club. That isn't lost on anyone here. These nonstop anti ECNL threads reek of insecurity.

Comment

The truth of the matter is that none of the teams are getting smashed. Most results are close. I'm sure there may be a big loss here or there. The truth is (if you're interested in the truth) that the games are competitive.

I know you foolish ECNL haters don't care about that. Mediocre team this and that. It's just hyperbole because you are from a non ECNL club and have to prop up your club. That isn't lost on anyone here. These nonstop anti ECNL threads reek of insecurity.
                I'm not of any persuasion hate, like, dislike, love, detest, adoration for a youth league whatever label they choose to use. So please don't think for one minute a 'league' is hated how could it be? It's just a league that schedules games.

The results of the 10 local club teams in the Mountain Division of the Northwest Conference over the past 2 years would make everyone of the teams eligible for relegation in a proper football league structure. But, in girls youth soccer if you are willing to pay nobody is honest enough to tell you the truth. So be it.

Comment

I'm not of any persuasion hate, like, dislike, love, detest, adoration for a youth league whatever label they choose to use. So please don't think for one minute a 'league' is hated how could it be? It's just a league that schedules games.

The results of the 10 local club teams in the Mountain Division of the Northwest Conference over the past 2 years would make everyone of the teams eligible for relegation in a proper football league structure. But, in girls youth soccer if you are willing to pay nobody is honest enough to tell you the truth. So be it.
                  Better check your facts not all teams had poor performances

Comment

Better check your facts not all teams had poor performances
                    Yes they're teams that had even poorer performances than the 10 local club teams from Oregon. They too should be relegated, but they are also willing to pay for this wonderful experience. Vicious cycle.

Comment

Simply not true -only 1 of the 10 would have been in what would be relegation zone.

Honestly, the u16 Timbers underperformed all but 1 of the Oregon ECNL teams I believe - why the special focus on Oregon ECNL teams?

#prorelusa

Comment

Simply not true -only 1 of the 10 would have been in what would be relegation zone.

Honestly, the u16 Timbers underperformed all but 1 of the Oregon ECNL teams I believe - why the special focus on Oregon ECNL teams?

#prorelusa
                        and that single ECNL team still outperformed one of the newly admitted USDA clubs froms Florida - Boca United DIDN'T REGISTERED A POINT the entire season at that age. I guess in the USA that means they get promoted!

Comment

and that single ECNL team still outperformed one of the newly admitted USDA clubs froms Florida - Boca United DIDN'T REGISTERED A POINT the entire season at that age. I guess in the USA that means they get promoted!
                          No, they got relegated to the GDA.

Comment

#prorelusa
                            Fact is with all the top notch elite clubs departing to the GDA from the ECNL, now CU and FC PDX can tell everyone they moved up in the ECNL 'Ranking' :) They like 'rankings' and labels.

It's all about the spin

Comment

Fact is with all the top notch elite clubs departing to the GDA from the ECNL, now CU and FC PDX can tell everyone they moved up in the ECNL 'Ranking' :) They like 'rankings' and labels.

It's all about the spin
                              Those ECNL clubs aren't departing the ECNL. They are putting their Reserve teams in the GDA. No other changes.

Comment

Those ECNL clubs aren't departing the ECNL. They are putting their Reserve teams in the GDA. No other changes.
                                That makes about as much sense as having 10 local club teams in the ECNL today. Great point.

When you are able to track down any type of source for your delusion, please provide the sound byte for any of the handful of 50+ DOC's whose club's players defecting from the ECNL to the GDA in 2017 and post it on this site or even buy a time on TV or Radio to educate little Oregon what the Top club are doing across this nation.

Thanks in advance.

Until then remember to take your Clozaril.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X