Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I also want to thank you Libtard Oregonians for Measures 66/67. Clark County blew up because of those measures! Private Companies have been moving over here in droves. Thanks again!
    If there is one thing I wish I could change about Oregon is the prevailing politics. Freaking liberals feel they have to have everything free. Without realizing that someone has to work so that those freeloaders can have their free stuff. I swear these liberals have no idea about free enterprise.

Comment

Wow!!! You are amazing. So smart.
      Thanks. And I've got college tuition money still in the bank. Unlike the Jesuit parents.

Comment

Thanks. And I've got college tuition money still in the bank. Unlike the Jesuit parents.

Truth is you should have made better life choices. Most of the Jesuit parents can afford both.

Jesuit is still a young team and have only gotten better. Jesuit > Sunset.

Comment

Truth is you should have made better life choices. Most of the Jesuit parents can afford both.

Jesuit is still a young team and have only gotten better. Jesuit > Sunset.
          LOL. Sending your kid to Jesuit for soccer rather than sending her to OES or Catlin Gabel
          for the best education. So sad.

Comment

LOL. Sending your kid to Jesuit for soccer rather than sending her to OES or Catlin Gabel
            Hell, even those schools do well in soccer. Pretty sure they have both had D1's graduate in the last couple of years. I know OES has anyway. One to Cornell (daughter played club with her) and the other to U of Hawaii.

However, Catlin and OES are about twice as much a year then Jesuit, the last time I checked. Agree sending a kid to a H.S. for soccer is not a good idea.

Comment

In somewhat defense of Jesuit:

* It's a Catholic school. OES is affiliated (loosely) with the Episcopal Church. Catlin Gabel is irreligious.
              * OES is primarily a boarding school (though they do have a day school program).
              * Both OES and Catlin Gabel largely exist as ways for financial elites (and poseurs thereto) to segregate themselves from the unwashed masses. It's like owning a luxury car or an expensive article of clothing--sure, it's better than the Toyota or whatever you can buy at the Gap, but the quality isn't often the point. It's having something that the unwashed masses don't--and a golden ticket into the corridors of power. Jesuit, for all the complaints about its athletic dominance, does not have the same cachet.

Comment

No kidding. And to think that person thinks they made good life choices. Half the parents there are just scraping by, lots are on scholarship but still are paying the college tuition money in hopes of some sort of college scholarship. It's the equivalent of poor people buying lottery tickets.

Comment

* It's a Catholic school. OES is affiliated (loosely) with the Episcopal Church. Catlin Gabel is irreligious.
                  * OES is primarily a boarding school (though they do have a day school program).
                  * Both OES and Catlin Gabel largely exist as ways for financial elites (and poseurs thereto) to segregate themselves from the unwashed masses. It's like owning a luxury car or an expensive article of clothing--sure, it's better than the Toyota or whatever you can buy at the Gap, but the quality isn't often the point. It's having something that the unwashed masses don't--and a golden ticket into the corridors of power. Jesuit, for all the complaints about its athletic dominance, does not have the same cachet.
                  So the unwashed masses go to Jesuit. Thanks for confirming the suspicions.

Comment

So the unwashed masses go to Jesuit. Thanks for confirming the suspicions.
                    I said I wasn't defending Jesuit, and I'm not about to. Go ahead and insult it all you like, no skin off my nose.

Comment

Hell, even those schools do well in soccer. Pretty sure they have both had D1's graduate in the last couple of years. I know OES has anyway. One to Cornell (daughter played club with her) and the other to U of Hawaii.

However, Catlin and OES are about twice as much a year then Jesuit, the last time I checked. Agree sending a kid to a H.S. for soccer is not a good idea.
                      Nor is UofH after OES?

Comment

And yet our little public school continues to get higher academic ratings that Jesuit and put more athletes into college. And all for no extra cost. Meanwhile, the "elite" get to spend $15K a year, drive way out of their way, and get an inferior experience to what we get for no extra $. And, my home is up about 45% in value over the past few years. Approaching a million and counting. Meanwhile the neighbors around the corner have an inferior house, pay $15K a year, all so their dd's can star on the volleyball team because they are 6'1". They should have bought our house, seen better appreciation and their dd's would have received the same offers. All for $100K less.
                        and by "get higher" do you mean from the lead your kid is drinking?

Comment

-How does being a Catholic school defend Jesuit?
                          - OES is not "primarily" boarding, it's a very small %, most of those kids are from Asia and none play varsity soccer.
                          -PPS vs. Catin or OES? You give PPS far too much credit by comparing them to a Toyota, unless it's a '71 Tercel that's been parked outside and unmaintained for the last 40yrs. I won't speak for other school districts but PPS is a mess. Most families aren't at oes/catlin for status reasons but care about a quality education, in a focused environment, in buildings that aren't falling down and they fortunately can afford the steep tuition. The schools have solid sports programs too but I don't think that's a big driver for most families.

Comment

and by "get higher" do you mean from the lead your kid is drinking?
                            Jesuit has lead in their pipes? Must be why the students look so glassy eyed.

Comment

And yet our little public school continues to get higher academic ratings that Jesuit and put more athletes into college. And all for no extra cost. Meanwhile, the "elite" get to spend $15K a year, drive way out of their way, and get an inferior experience to what we get for no extra $. And, my home is up about 45% in value over the past few years. Approaching a million and counting. Meanwhile the neighbors around the corner have an inferior house, pay $15K a year, all so their dd's can star on the volleyball team because they are 6'1". They should have bought our house, seen better appreciation and their dd's would have received the same offers. All for $100K less.
                              Wow that was quite the rant. I am guessing one of Jesuit's volleyball players spiked it in your kids face one too many times

Comment

Interesting read. In fact the stats actually improved as last HS season I think Jesuit won 9 or 10 state titles

http://highschoolsports.oregonlive.c...tles-analysis/

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X