Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Honestly, how many super elite players does any region have? You're probably looking at a handful at max. The next group down you are probably looking at 30-50 at any given age group. Even if girls choose ECNL over GDA, GDA pool of players will come from the super elite and the next group down.
    , I think you nailed it people can choose to play in the ecnl it's merely a local club team that has signed up for the ecnl league.. it works in some markets because it's not for their top players it's for the next wave of players who aren't at the elite level of the gda.

The GDA really isn't a choice it's a question if you get selected by a GDA US soccer Club.. via the tryout process..

You want to play at the development Academy level or do you want to play with your local club and whatever League they've signed up for that's really all there is to it

Comment

Super expensive. They fund boys but girls will pay top dollar. Very expensive.

Too restrictive. No high school sports. No other sports.

Four required practices a week. No fun summer tournaments. No guesting with other teams.

Huge time commitment balanced with taking college prep, AP, and IB courses that require heavy homework.

On the boys side I understand. But on the girls side the target is mostly college not pro soccer.

I don't see many top, balanced girls taking bait on this.

GDA will be from scraps of ECNL and club teams. No doubt they will get a few good players but overall it will be 3rd tier.

Comment

I know a handful of what I would consider top girls players and they all have very heavy school work loads and also like to play high school soccer. Doubtful any of them would be interested due to the highly restrictive nature.
        Kids that want a healthy, balanced life will not touch GDA. The quality will be poor.

Comment

I know a handful of what I would consider top girls players and they all have very heavy school work loads and also like to play high school soccer. Doubtful any of them would be interested due to the highly restrictive nature.
          Time management is not a skill everyone has and as such those girls you mentioned would never be able to play at any level of college soccer because the amount of work load between class and a full-time job playing for the college soccer team would never work so the GDA or really is an option for them. College soccer may not be in their plans that's okay college coaches want players who can balance me 40 to 60 hours a week they're going to ask him to player as well as to the incredible workload of school

Comment

"Super expensive. They fund boys but girls will pay top dollar. Very expensive.

Four required practices a week. No fun summer tournaments. No guesting with other teams.

Huge time commitment balanced with taking college prep, AP, and IB courses that require heavy homework.

On the boys side I understand. But on the girls side the target is mostly college not pro soccer.

I don't see many top, balanced girls taking bait on this."

I this this summarizes it well.

Comment

"Super expensive. They fund boys but girls will pay top dollar. Very expensive.

I don't see many top, balanced girls taking bait on this."

I this this summarizes it well.

Why aren't Timbers paying for girls if they are paying for boys? Seems very unfair.

Comment

Well, then they won't be playing in the girls Development Academy. It is a choice, not a law. That is what is great! A player can choose to go "all in" on soccer with the GDA or go "mostly in" with ECNL and still play another high school sport if that is important to them.

You people are all a bunch of lunatics. Both the ECNL and GDA will offer opportunities that are better than what was available in the past. Just make your choice and move on.

Comment

I think the cost will all be paid. A friend has a son in timbers academy and Timbers pay everything!

Comment

I suspect the talent pool will be split between GDA and ECNL in the older ages. But for 2003s and incoming 2004s and beyond top elite players will tryout for GDA first and ECNL second.

Comment

That's tough sell!

Comment

I think the cost will all be paid. A friend has a son in timbers academy and Timbers pay everything!
                        LOL, belly laugh LOL. So funny

Comment

Well summarized.

Comment

So funny until the point in the future when ECNL folds and all Portland girls flock to the GDA, which is the Thorns.

Comment

So funny until the point in the future when ECNL folds and all Portland girls flock to the GDA, which is the Thorns.
                              Yep. And then the currently rostered Thorns players get cut and go crawling back to the clubs they will be beating up on in Beaverton cup and OYSA this year. I'm sure they will be welcomed back with open arms.

Comment

Yep. And then the currently rostered Thorns players get cut and go crawling back to the clubs they will be beating up on in Beaverton cup and OYSA this year. I'm sure they will be welcomed back with open arms.
                                Good. Now go prove it. Just like the CU and FCP girls who got cut.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X