Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    We all care about our Country, before all else.

Don't know how anyone would but their individual experience in Soccer above our Country.
    Maybe they should find another Country.

Yea,
    I don't think these girls are storming the beach at Normandy. It isn't that emotional of a decision. But ok I guess we agree to disagree.

Comment

Yea,
      I don't think these girls are storming the beach at Normandy. It isn't that emotional of a decision. But ok I guess we agree to disagree.
      We can disagree of course.

The kids that get called up to the US SOCCER national team activites, just automaticallyGo.

So it really doesn't matter what our opinions on this matter might be, the fact is they leave any college, pro, club, hs or rec league when the Country comes calling.

Sorry to waste your time having a discussion about something that is so Black and White.

Comment

We can disagree of course.

The kids that get called up to the US SOCCER national team activites, just automaticallyGo.

So it really doesn't matter what our opinions on this matter might be, the fact is they leave any college, pro, club, hs or rec league when the Country comes calling.

Sorry to waste your time having a discussion about something that is so Black and White.
        OK sorry to waste everyone's time on this but.
        This is my point simplified.
        I think a national title won at say UofP is more memorable and better then a Cup at u20 won in a foreign land with no one in the stands, and in front of a world that really doesn't care. Save the for country crap. A good high school team would bring home the cup.

Comment

OK sorry to waste everyone's time on this but.
          This is my point simplified.
          I think a national title won at say UofP is more memorable and better then a Cup at u20 won in a foreign land with no one in the stands, and in front of a world that really doesn't care. Save the for country crap. A good high school team would bring home the cup.
          You make a great point if anyone on the rest of planet earth actually cared about women's collegiate soccer annual championships for academic minded coeds.
          It's nothing! compared to World Football competition between nations.
          That's why you can't wrap your mind around how trivial college soccer is to the world governing bodies of Football competition.

You have to realize this strange sport we for some unknown reason call Soccer, is actually the world's most beloved sport for males across the globe and is actually called Football and as such, FIFA the governing body on the planet for Football, could care less about US academic colleges playing for NCAA championships, it's nothing to them, they don't need to schedule around it or avoid as it's not a activity they would ever consider putting on the FIFA radar.

Just because title IX made it possible in the USA to have scholarships for women in College soccer , doesn't mean FIFA cares.

To them college soccer is considered recreational coed intramural activity.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          Working...
          X