Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Real Colorado coach, understands what is happening

Happen to read the colorful article highlighting on this site featuring the Jamaican gentlemen who was really pissed off that members of his club team couldn't attend the ECNL championships recently.

Why?

US Soccer already scheduled other plans for few of the players on his club team, with the Youth National Team program, at the same time of the ECNL championships.

What did the players do?

They left the ECNL championships, crushed that coaches dream of perhaps winning and asked their teammates to understand, as their county was calling for their services.

Welcome to the real world.

"The ECNL, has nothing to worry about with US Soccer GDA."
    Famous last words.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Happen to read the colorful article highlighting on this site featuring the Jamaican gentlemen who was really pissed off that members of his club team couldn't attend the ECNL championships recently.

Why?

US Soccer already scheduled other plans for few of the players on his club team, with the Youth National Team program, at the same time of the ECNL championships.

What did the players do?

They left the ECNL championships, crushed that coaches dream of perhaps winning and asked their teammates to understand, as their county was calling for their services.

Famous last words.
    I have never been on board with this trend. I remember some great UofP teams that lost players to U 20 national team just before the year end Tourney. Not being a soccer person it never made sense to me. On one hand you have an opportunity to win a national tittle with your teammates, on the other hand you get to beat up on Jamaica and win a title no one in the world really cares about. I would encourage my kids to win the title with there teams. I hope they would listen cause at the end of the day when they are 30ish looking back which one would be more rewarding. BTW those UofP players that missed out on title at UofP were awsome kids great players and never put on the senior national team uni for a major tournament.

Comment

Why?

What did the players do?

Famous last words.
      Maybe this coach should go yell at the USWNT for playing in the Olympics which is making Mallory Pugh play a bunch right before she goes into college at UCLA. Plus there are other returning and entering college players on various WNTs who are playing in the Olympics, thus getting beat up and worn down before the season. And the U18s are in England for a month. Those damn WNTs, making girls play for their countries when ECNL tournaments and college seasons are so much more important.

Comment

Maybe this coach should go yell at the USWNT for playing in the Olympics which is making Mallory Pugh play a bunch right before she goes into college at UCLA. Plus there are other returning and entering college players on various WNTs who are playing in the Olympics, thus getting beat up and worn down before the season. And the U18s are in England for a month. Those damn WNTs, making girls play for their countries when ECNL tournaments and college seasons are so much more important.
        Most of the time it is the younger crew. Mallory Pugh is the extreme exception, not the rule. Shake yourself. It is a U17 to U23 group not WNT. That interfere's with National titles.

Comment

Most of the time it is the younger crew. Mallory Pugh is the extreme exception, not the rule. Shake yourself. It is a U17 to U23 group not WNT. That interfere's with National titles.
          What are you talking about?

Comment

I have never been on board with this trend. I remember some great UofP teams that lost players to U 20 national team just before the year end Tourney. Not being a soccer person it never made sense to me. On one hand you have an opportunity to win a national tittle with your teammates, on the other hand you get to beat up on Jamaica and win a title no one in the world really cares about. I would encourage my kids to win the title with there teams. I hope they would listen cause at the end of the day when they are 30ish looking back which one would be more rewarding. BTW those UofP players that missed out on title at UofP were awsome kids great players and never put on the senior national team uni for a major tournament.
            Free trip to Jamaica > the rest of your rant.

Comment

Free trip to Jamaica > the rest of your rant.
              Sunset > Free trip to Jamaica

Comment

It's about time

We finally got to our first "Sunset > than fill in the blank" comment.

I was wondering when "Sunset > " would show up again......my summer is just about over and we know girls high school soccer is just around the corner. Some teams have already started their summer conditioning programs, we then have the 'mandatory' dead week and then it's a free for all......

Comment

We finally got to our first "Sunset > than fill in the blank" comment.

I was wondering when "Sunset > " would show up again......my summer is just about over and we know girls high school soccer is just around the corner. Some teams have already started their summer conditioning programs, we then have the 'mandatory' dead week and then it's a free for all......
                  Tequila Sunset > Sunset

Comment

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/07/13...nal-team-ucla/

Go ahead, admit you are stupid and don't know what you are talking about.

Comment

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/07/13...nal-team-ucla/

Go ahead, admit you are stupid and don't know what you are talking about.
                      Ok genius let me break it down for you. The rule I was talking about is " girls in line for a national title are not picking between national title or Senior WNT duty" Mallory was the exception to that rule as I stated. Mallory obviously has to make that choice. Again obviously Senior WNT takes precedence over National title in my mind but does playing Jamaica for a U20 cup in Africa take precedence over a National title?

Comment

Ok genius let me break it down for you. The rule I was talking about is " girls in line for a national title are not picking between national title or Senior WNT duty" Mallory was the exception to that rule as I stated. Mallory obviously has to make that choice. Again obviously Senior WNT takes precedence over National title in my mind but does playing Jamaica for a U20 cup in Africa take precedence over a National title?
                        Country> Club :)

Comment

Country> Club :)
                          College > Country, but no one cares.

25 years after which is more meaningful?

Comment

Meant U20, or U23

Comment

We all care about our Country, before all else.

Don't know how anyone would but their individual experience in Soccer above our Country.
                              Maybe they should find another Country.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X