• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The End Result of GDA

By Hope Solo herself:

http://hopesolo.com/2016/07/12/time-for-change/

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Like Hope Solo is someone we should all listen too. What will she do if we don't, beat us up?

Comment

Like Hope Solo is someone we should all listen too. What will she do if we don't, beat us up?
      I might enjoy that it has a happy ending if you know I mean

Comment

Hope solo is not the kind of role model most parents want.

Comment

You can slam the messenger all you want. She is exposing appalling working conditions in the job that DA promises to train girls for. Consider what YOUR end game is. For our daughter, it's college and a fulfilling career that will make her happy and financially stable. Which is not remotely what the NWSL is delivering and what the GDA will be able to deliver.

Comment

I think the point here is that the US Soccer GDA is designed to elevate girls soccer so that some of our DD's can look forward to this as a career choice?
            This is the end game?

Comment

unless your goal is to be a bartender at a tavern.

Comment

gda is a non starter. Terrible idea for girls.

Comment

They should recruit Tanya Harding next.

Comment

I think the point here is that the US Soccer GDA is designed to elevate girls soccer so that some of our DD's can look forward to this as a career choice?
                    This is the end game?
                    The problem is, not many paying customers want to watch women playing soccer. Perhaps it's not fair, but that's the economics of women's sports, and there's no Title IX for the pros.

Of course, most DDs of most parents in the forum aren't likely ever to be playing professionally. But those girls who do have a shot probably understood that fair or not, they're not going to be getting an eight-figure contract in the Prem.

Comment

Everything she's complaining about can be fixed with money. Now they just need to play soccer at a high enough level that people will actually spend money to watch them. Up to this point, the soccer isn't good enough for that to happen.

Comment

You can slam the messenger all you want. She is exposing appalling working conditions in the job that DA promises to train girls for. Consider what YOUR end game is. For our daughter, it's college and a fulfilling career that will make her happy and financially stable. Which is not remotely what the NWSL is delivering and what the GDA will be able to deliver.
                        BINGO ... wake up people!
                        The GDA is an attempt to participate in the $$$ game called youth soccer.
                        Unless the GDA can garner support from the college coaches as the superior recruiting platform it's a waste of time/money for 99.9% of the female soccer players

Comment

BINGO ... wake up people!
                          The GDA is an attempt to participate in the $$$ game called youth soccer.
                          Unless the GDA can garner support from the college coaches as the superior recruiting platform it's a waste of time/money for 99.9% of the female soccer players
                          But that great recruiting platform called Portland ECNL hasn't done anything for the current crop of U15 and U16 ECNL players. It's done well for ECNL teams across the country, but so far in Portland, not so much. Wow, talk about a waste of money and time. All for glory seeking parents I guess. The Facebook posts to the clueless friends made it all worth the money.

Comment

But that great recruiting platform called Portland ECNL hasn't done anything for the current crop of U15 and U16 ECNL players. It's done well for ECNL teams across the country, but so far in Portland, not so much. Wow, talk about a waste of money and time. All for glory seeking parents I guess. The Facebook posts to the clueless friends made it all worth the money.
                            That is your opinion and you are entitled to it. My DD is on the u16 team and girls are getting offers regularly. U15's (incoming high school sophomores) are a bit young to get offers yet and that's fine. But the interesting thing is the girls getting offers are being told by their college coaches to keep playing ECNL. Because the level of play gets them ready to compete in college for a starting spot. Getting the offer is only step one. ECNL helps with the next steps as well. It's working for us but I know it's not for everyone.

Comment

That is your opinion and you are entitled to it. My DD is on the u16 team and girls are getting offers regularly. U15's (incoming high school sophomores) are a bit young to get offers yet and that's fine. But the interesting thing is the girls getting offers are being told by their college coaches to keep playing ECNL. Because the level of play gets them ready to compete in college for a starting spot. Getting the offer is only step one. ECNL helps with the next steps as well. It's working for us but I know it's not for everyone.

Just two problems with that. ECNL girls regularly publicize their commitments, yet that isn't happening here. And if U15 is so young, then why are so many of them from other ECNL teams committing?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X