Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    ***c did switch. The 2002 team played up in 2001 and many 2003 teams played up in 2002. Thorns chose to play on age & chose Beaverton Cup because they wanted sure easy wins. End of story & not a bad idea. Kept the players & parents happy.
    It was also a good way to ensure players 15-25 on their roster got some playing time. If/when they start playing a challenging schedule, those girls will never see the field. But Thorns needs their money so this was a great way to keep them hooked in. Actually very smart.

Comment

It was also a good way to ensure players 15-25 on their roster got some playing time. If/when they start playing a challenging schedule, those girls will never see the field. But Thorns needs their money so this was a great way to keep them hooked in. Actually very smart.
      Sounds like a waste of money to me.

Comment

Sounds like a waste of money to me.
        Did i miss the Tourney?

Comment

Did i miss the Tourney?
          Yes, they completed it for the 250 or so teams who competed.

Comment

The U16s should be playing up in U17. If not parents will revolt. The Beaverton cup was embarrassing enough.
            with the 16s playing on age level in a silver tournament and the 18s losing.

Comment

Are you referring to Crossfire United or are you talking about FC Portland it gets confusing with all of this

Comment

The thorns lost in a silver level tournament? I said they should have done the balloon fest instead!

Comment

Id rather play my kid in a local tournament as the first tournament of the year and pay almost nothing than play in a dilluted lower tier ecnl league that you are being scammed for thousands lf dollars to play idaho along with sitting at home angry and upset enough to bash other teams because you are so sore.

If ecnl is everything which it has clearly shown to be a scam, youd be quiet about it. But what we are seeing is desperate parents like you either selling the scam or redirecting anger to everyone else.

Someone should make a case for not joining you simply because of what your parent group has become.

Comment

Id rather play my kid in a local tournament as the first tournament of the year and pay almost nothing than play in a dilluted lower tier ecnl league that you are being scammed for thousands lf dollars to play idaho along with sitting at home angry and upset enough to bash other teams because you are so sore.

If ecnl is everything which it has clearly shown to be a scam, youd be quiet about it. But what we are seeing is desperate parents like you either selling the scam or redirecting anger to everyone else.

Someone should make a case for not joining you simply because of what your parent group has become.
                    Based on the threads on T/S I don't think you are hearing the ECNL crowd on here bitchin'.

Idaho has one of the top teams in the NW at the U17 level. Much better then anything playing OYSA at that age.

Thorns are playing right where they should be. If you can't dominate the local clubs your DD's use to play for they have no business traveling. They will be in for a shock however, then they have to start paying to lose.

Comment

Based on the threads on T/S I don't think you are hearing the ECNL crowd on here bitchin'.

Idaho has one of the top teams in the NW at the U17 level. Much better then anything playing OYSA at that age.

Thorns are playing right where they should be. If you can't dominate the local clubs your DD's use to play for they have no business traveling. They will be in for a shock however, then they have to start paying to lose.
                      Makes no sense. Nearly ever single ecnl team would be somewhere in the 1-5th team in the state.on some ages they wouldnt even come close to the best team.

You are being scammed.

Comment

Makes no sense. Nearly ever single ecnl team would be somewhere in the 1-5th team in the state.on some ages they wouldnt even come close to the best team.

You are being scammed.
                        All right kids beaverton cup is over time to move on now.

Comment

You are being scammed.
                          Huh?

What age is an ECNL team not one of the top teams? Remember Thorns are not ECNL.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X