Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Here's a option. Let your child be a kid and play the last year of school sports doing something they don't often get a chance to with school friend's. One other point is the coaches have to take the players and get rid of all the bad habit's they picked up in school soccer . Bottom line is take the two month's off do something your child wants to do because next year it all changes and life goals really become a focal point.
    Not sure if you are talking about their senior year as their last year? Anyway agree you have to make the best decision given the limited options. My 9th grader to be quit club, because of the change and because she wants to do other sports and activities in hs. This is the craziest change we have seen and we still have friends (and clubs and coaches) that are trying to figure out what to do.

Comment

Agreed. The only school sport we have in middle school is track.
      We have cross country in the fall. Which would be a good option for those impacted by the age group. Keeping in shape running through the woods isn't a bad thing.

Comment

My O2 was told by her club coach to play hs only if she makes the varsity team because the jv coach is not very good. Wondering which is better hs jv/jv 2 or 02 club competition this fall?

Comment

My O2 was told by her club coach to play hs only if she makes the varsity team because the jv coach is not very good. Wondering which is better hs jv/jv 2 or 02 club competition this fall?
          Club soccer is usually better than HS JV/JV2. Playing club will also get your dd training with her club coach who will be coaching the Winter season. Good for when the 2002s that did make varsity come back to the team.

Comment

It's hard to say when nobody knows what that 02 league will look like. My daughter is playing high school to play with classmates and to represent her school. Not for the coaching or development. I think it would be weird to go to doubles and then quit if you don't make varsity. Then would she go back next summer and expect to make varsity?

Comment

It's hard to say when nobody knows what that 02 league will look like. My daughter is playing high school to play with classmates and to represent her school. Not for the coaching or development. I think it would be weird to go to doubles and then quit if you don't make varsity. Then would she go back next summer and expect to make varsity?
              Sure, why not? If she's good enough the next year, she'll make Varsity. If not, so be it. Even if she makes Varsity, if she's going to sit the bench all HS season, better to play club. The Freshmen that make Varsity & will start or play a ton, should pick HS over club. Other than that, I say play club & hope to narrow the gap between you & the 2002 stars.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X