Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I was talking about your dd. I hope I tipped her enough last night.
    Creeper alert.

Comment

Creeper alert.
      Hey, she was the main attraction at Dolphin. Her dad probably wants to go back 5 years and tell her not to quit sports in 8th grade.

Comment

Looking at some survey data now (youth soccer parents) and have a different hypothesis - parents have anxiety as their kids approach HS/Puberty that there kids will quit. Anxiety may be well placed as a lot do quit. Think is more than whether their daughter will be the next UCLA star - it is as much whether they will stay in positive activities.

I think there is something going on in parents minds as their kids get older - if we can figure out how to help keep kids engaged during those years regardless of their path, we are doing a good thing (for the kids and the parents that worry about them)!!!
        Erm, I'm a parent and do not think about puberty. Here is what we have in OR:
        We have parents (majority) that no nothing about soccer DEVELOPMENT. We also have DOC's and OYSA that no nothing about DEVELOPMENT. This is a poor combination. ECNL, US Club, GPS, ADF and USDA love states like OR because they can sell their sh++te to the OR public. All you have to do as a parent is ask your DOC if you can see their development plan. I can guarantee that the plan they have will not be detailed enough to work and will talk about a vision and ethics that they do not abide by. Also, the coaching staff will never have been told about the plan. I know you are all going to fire back and say we have one, but you don't. Not a real development plan.
        Westside - Has a DOC but you never see him (Only on pay day)
        FC - No one is in charge of that club now (Crying shame)
        THUSC - Congrats on getting rid of Tom the clown but no one wants to come and clean up the sh*& he left. Oh yes, GPS will do it!!
        BSC - Who?
        HSC - GPS already have their claws in this program!
        PCU - Just keep being mediocre, your parents love that!

Did I miss any?

Comment

Erm, I'm a parent and do not think about puberty.
          Well some day when you reach it, you will.

Comment

Erm, I'm a parent and do not think about puberty. Here is what we have in OR:
            We have parents (majority) that no nothing about soccer DEVELOPMENT. We also have DOC's and OYSA that no nothing about DEVELOPMENT. This is a poor combination. ECNL, US Club, GPS, ADF and USDA love states like OR because they can sell their sh++te to the OR public. All you have to do as a parent is ask your DOC if you can see their development plan. I can guarantee that the plan they have will not be detailed enough to work and will talk about a vision and ethics that they do not abide by. Also, the coaching staff will never have been told about the plan. I know you are all going to fire back and say we have one, but you don't. Not a real development plan.
            Westside - Has a DOC but you never see him (Only on pay day)
            FC - No one is in charge of that club now (Crying shame)
            THUSC - Congrats on getting rid of Tom the clown but no one wants to come and clean up the sh*& he left. Oh yes, GPS will do it!!
            BSC - Who?
            HSC - GPS already have their claws in this program!
            PCU - Just keep being mediocre, your parents love that!

Did I miss any?
            Thanks for sharing all your noledge ... or wait, does that have a k in it? not sure really ... I guess I don't no what I don't no ... no what I'm saying?

Comment

Timbers fleecing Oregon soccer using OYSA as a tax haven to cheat the Oregon tax system. Bravo!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X