Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Never put your kids in soccer, unless...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never put your kids in soccer, unless...

...you want to spend every Saturday and Sunday of your life watching. This literally will become your entire life. and that's the TRUTH, nothing but the TRUTH!

and you will spend a ton of money.
    I still love it, I may complain a lot about the cost but I like nothing better then to spend my weekends watching my kids play soccer.

Comment

My kid is just starting freshmen year so they will focus on high school sports and won't be playing club soccer anymore. While I'm looking forward to have my weekends free (or at least less busy) I'd be lying if I didn't say at least a small part of me will miss the weekends on the sidelines.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        My kid is just starting freshmen year so they will focus on high school sports and won't be playing club soccer anymore. While I'm looking forward to have my weekends free (or at least less busy) I'd be lying if I didn't say at least a small part of me will miss the weekends on the sidelines.
        We all must take the path we feel best suits ours goals. I wish your kid and all kids success in reaching their dreams!

My youngest is also starting her Freshmen Year also, but she will be playing GDA and sitting out HS. Her goal is to play in college and use soccer as a differentiator, along with good grades to get into school.

I enjoy the weekend matches and watching my child chase her dreams.

Comment

We all must take the path we feel best suits ours goals. I wish your kid and all kids success in reaching their dreams!

My youngest is also starting her Freshmen Year also, but she will be playing GDA and sitting out HS. Her goal is to play in college and use soccer as a differentiator, along with good grades to get into school.

I enjoy the weekend matches and watching my child chase her dreams.
          Sure she isn't chasing your dreams?

Comment

it's easy to accuse someone of forcing your "dream" unto your kids, but by freshman year your kid can decide on their own, knows how difficult/unlikely it is to have a soccer career, and if they do it likely it's out of passion for the game. I think it's fair to question parental motives for younger kids, but by high school a kid knows if they like the sport, and you cannot force them to follow "your dreams," even if you would want to.

Comment

it's easy to accuse someone of forcing your "dream" unto your kids, but by freshman year your kid can decide on their own, knows how difficult/unlikely it is to have a soccer career, and if they do it likely it's out of passion for the game. I think it's fair to question parental motives for younger kids, but by high school a kid knows if they like the sport, and you cannot force them to follow "your dreams," even if you would want to.
              Many kids are afraid to disappoint their parents, even well past high school

Comment

My daughter is a senior now, this is the last year in travel soccer with college on the horizon. She is living HER dream and will play in college. It has been joy to watch her achieve her dream. Yes it has been time consuming and expensive and I have complained over the years. Next year at this time I will miss it though. It is over soon enough and they are gone to start the next chapter of their lives.

Comment

Positive. I was recruited to play semi-pro. She won't be. If she continues her path, soccer will help her get into school, she can probably play DII/DIII ball.

She knows she can do whatever she likes. I have told her I would welcome having the money back I have spent or continue to spend for her to play soccer. She plays because she loves the game. She is giving up her freshmen year to pursue GDA.

My oldest quit soccer at 12 and now swims. No worries, each child must find their path.

Comment

Many kids are afraid to disappoint their parents, even well past high school
                    For sure, I'm a grown *ss man and I still worry about disappointing my mom,

Comment

For sure, I'm a grown *ss man and I still worry about disappointing my mom,
                      Then pull your pants back up.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X