Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    OP here. We went to a tournament and have scrimmaged older teams and playing time was very limited. I wouldn't approach the coach until after some regular season games, just want to understand what the options are should playing time remain limited. We aren't looking for college exposure, just love of the game. Most kids athletic careers are very short.
    If you aren't looking for college exposure, then why on Earth are you playing ECNL, especially if playing time is an issue? That's a big waste of your time and money and will likely take the love of the game away from your daughter. Makes much more sense to play the next team down.

Comment

If you aren't looking for college exposure, then why on Earth are you playing ECNL, especially if playing time is an issue? That's a big waste of your time and money and will likely take the love of the game away from your daughter. Makes much more sense to play the next team down.
      Have to agree. Ecnl is so expensive time and money wise. I don't know ow how old the OPs child is but in HS kids care just as much if not more about their social life. Ecnl requires a lot of travel and time away.

Comment

Sorry ECNL is changing more clubs are going to have it in Florida and local travel as well and state travel ! Yes regional events will showcase but wait next year you will see all NPL teams boys and girls will have access to state system to compete with DA .

Comment

Sorry ECNL is changing more clubs are going to have it in Florida and local travel as well and state travel ! Yes regional events will showcase but wait next year you will see all NPL teams boys and girls will have access to state system to compete with DA .
          Let me understand your post. The ECNL is going to add more teams in Florida? OK. That is possible, but highly unlikely. US Club will need to lower their minimum requirements for resources, like coaches and facilities. Most clubs cannot do it, so they are not members. And that will water down the standard being used by US Club. If they want to follow the failures of FYSA, go for it.

For your claim about NPL, are you aware that the DA is run by USSF and NPL is run by US Club Soccer? Two completely different organizations and leagues. USSF has absolutely no interest to complete against anyone except their own teams. Why would they implement an inter-league competition? And to make it more absurd, what would it be DA with NPL? It would make more sense to be DA and ECNL. At least the skill levels will be more aligned.

Did you post this at 4:20? Long day. I get it.

Comment

Your player should approach the coach. If she gets no where, then you step in to assist. Don't helicopter.
            That is good advice that I will follow.

Comment

I agree, but its hard to tell your child that yes you made the A team but I want you to play on the B team because of the reasons you stated. That would have lead to resentment. The choices for an A/B player are not easy. Ride the bench for a very good A team or start for a sub-par B team.

Comment

Barely making an a team but starting on a b team means they are a b team player.

Comment

Barely making an a team but starting on a b team means they are a b team player.
                  No way. Mind blown. Does that also mean that fire is hot and water is wet?

Such an incredible observation.

Comment

I agree, but its hard to tell your child that yes you made the A team but I want you to play on the B team because of the reasons you stated. That would have lead to resentment. The choices for an A/B player are not easy. Ride the bench for a very good A team or start for a sub-par B team.
                    Agree. Clubs will also makes the decisions for the players. They take the bottom third and move them down a team to get them more playing time. Then the second teams can be stronger. They purposely put weaker players as 17-21 who will ride the bench. Rather have the top center back on team 1, the second best center back on team 2, and the third best center back as backup bench on team 1. Keep in mind at any time if Center back 1 tears an ACL the club can bring up the Center back from team 2 over using the bench center back. Clubs do crazy things.

Comment

Let me understand your post. The ECNL is going to add more teams in Florida? OK. That is possible, but highly unlikely. US Club will need to lower their minimum requirements for resources, like coaches and facilities. Most clubs cannot do it, so they are not members. And that will water down the standard being used by US Club. If they want to follow the failures of FYSA, go for it.

For your claim about NPL, are you aware that the DA is run by USSF and NPL is run by US Club Soccer? Two completely different organizations and leagues. USSF has absolutely no interest to complete against anyone except their own teams. Why would they implement an inter-league competition? And to make it more absurd, what would it be DA with NPL? It would make more sense to be DA and ECNL. At least the skill levels will be more aligned.

Did you post this at 4:20? Long day. I get it.

Club soccer is gone period it's a joke . The only path is a modification of ECNL for boys and girls more clubs in Florida and well as the nation . Youth soccer is with all the leagues and associates is a joke. Maybe youth soccer should set up a relegation system against ECNL and DA as well as club . After it's all said and down it's about winning state cup best team at club b level soccer , ECNL is about wining teams period that's the only players getting looked at . The DA will now follow you will see if your a non MLS DA and you no good your gone so it's so to be about winning period !

Comment

No way. Mind blown. Does that also mean that fire is hot and water is wet?

Such an incredible observation.
                        But one which most parents refuse to acknowledge. God forbid they have to tell their friends their kid isn't on the A team.

Comment

Club soccer is gone period it's a joke . The only path is a modification of ECNL for boys and girls more clubs in Florida and well as the nation . Youth soccer is with all the leagues and associates is a joke. Maybe youth soccer should set up a relegation system against ECNL and DA as well as club . After it's all said and down it's about winning state cup best team at club b level soccer , ECNL is about wining teams period that's the only players getting looked at . The DA will now follow you will see if your a non MLS DA and you no good your gone so it's so to be about winning period !
                          My gosh. I'm sure there is a point in this rambling somewhere. Maybe write your post in your native language and then use google translate to English? Please.

Comment

But one which most parents refuse to acknowledge. God forbid they have to tell their friends their kid isn't on the A team.
                            I have no problem telling my friends that their kid is not on the A team. Why else join the GDA? It's not for the training or travel. What has changed from last year? Same coaches. Same training program. Same dysfunctional admin. The only improvement is that USSF controls the scheduling. No more guessing on dates.

Comment

Agree. Clubs will also makes the decisions for the players. They take the bottom third and move them down a team to get them more playing time. Then the second teams can be stronger. They purposely put weaker players as 17-21 who will ride the bench. Rather have the top center back on team 1, the second best center back on team 2, and the third best center back as backup bench on team 1. Keep in mind at any time if Center back 1 tears an ACL the club can bring up the Center back from team 2 over using the bench center back. Clubs do crazy things.
                              Clubs keep 20+ players on a team to retain their best players, hoard players from other clubs and keep their bench players in place. Also, more players eases the financial burden for the starting players family and ensures they stick with the team. Also, more players means more money for tournaments and coach expenses. Bench players are sold the hope they will get more playing time. In reality, they're families are just paying for others kids to play. I feel for the kids that have to settle for practice time. Nothing like having memories of the time you practiced really well.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X