Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I noticed portland recruited more fc portland kids for 2019. Nothing changes
    Why not? Are they supposed to leave top quality FCP kids behind and take rec-level Timbers/Thorns kids instead? Wouldn't make a lot of sense now would it? Unless you're a Timbers lemming caveman, that is.

Comment

I noticed portland recruited more fc portland kids for 2019. Nothing changes
      Sorry your daughter didn't get any offers. Maybe she can play intramural soccer at PCC?

Comment

Your logic is inconsistent and very bias.

Portland struggled to beat PSU in a 2-1 win, but Pacific is so much better because they "beat up" PSU 3-1.... by one more goal???

Also in your praise of Gonzaga you left out the part about them only beating PSU 2-1.

Portland lost to Florida, but you left out the part that Florida only won 1-0. That is the same goal differential as Florida beating Stanford. Does that mean Portland is as good as Stanford?

Nice work by USF beating Cal, but you left out that they lost to Davis (a team that Portland beat)

The devil is the details which you either left out on purpose for your argument or too stupid to look them up.
        The Pilots have 3 goals in their first 6 games. One was a PK, one was an own goal.
        There is no way to spin that statistic for the positive.

Comment

Sorry your daughter didn't get any offers. Maybe she can play intramural soccer at PCC?
          Please stay out of this discussion, Moron.

Comment

There's a discussion going on? Who knew?

Comment

Why not? Are they supposed to leave top quality FCP kids behind and take rec-level Timbers/Thorns kids instead? Wouldn't make a lot of sense now would it? Unless you're a Timbers lemming caveman, that is.
              Heck no!
              I think the OP was trying to help out the staff in telling them to recruit outside of the PDX Metro Area. Back in the day UofP would pull from So Cal and Canada. Nowadays Smith thinks there's enough quality at FCPDX to compete at Div 1. I can't seem to understand why Smith hasn't figured out the problem. The fans are getting fed up

Comment

Not sure how the poster's comment is much different than your comment:

"I noticed portland recruited more fc portland kids for 2019. Nothing changes"

Comment

The Pilots have 3 goals in their first 6 games. One was a PK, one was an own goal.
                  There is no way to spin that statistic for the positive.
                  So you are saying the pilot defenders are pretty damn good and all they need is one or two players who can finish to turn this program around?

More than half the defenders are from FC Portland. Well done by FC Portland.

Comment

Heck no!
                    I think the OP was trying to help out the staff in telling them to recruit outside of the PDX Metro Area. Back in the day UofP would pull from So Cal and Canada. Nowadays Smith thinks there's enough quality at FCPDX to compete at Div 1. I can't seem to understand why Smith hasn't figured out the problem. The fans are getting fed up
                    Cal, Santa Clara, Georgetown, and Washington seem to think there is some D1 talent at FCPDX.

Maybe you know more than they do.

The fans are getting fed up or some of the local soccer parents who want there kids to go to UofP, but don't play for FCPDX. I am guessing there are not a ton of "fans" on talking-soccer. It is mostly adults who want to come on here to anonymously rip on other kids.

Smith's email is on the Pilot website. You should send him an email and tell him "fans are getting fed up"

Comment

You are right. But the potential is there for Portland to have a more difficult time winning vs. the lower 1/3rd of the WCC. I think the results suggest this no matter how you or I spin it.

I'm confident Portland will finish no better than they have in the last 2-3 years. This year they could finish worse.
                      Lets be honest here.

It is Santa Clara, BYU, Pepperdine then everyone else. They won't take more than 4 teams to the playoffs so does it really matter.

It is sad that Portland is put in the crap bucket with everyone else.

Comment

Smith's email is on the Pilot website. You should send him an email and tell him "fans are getting fed up"
                        There's no need. I'm sure he's getting an earful from his AD and the wealthy alumni. One only has to go to a women's Pilot game and see that the crowds have dwindled. Heck the crazy student section barely comes to games any more. Sad to see. Merlo is such a great setting.

Comment

Cal, Santa Clara, Georgetown, and Washington seem to think there is some D1 talent at FCPDX.

Maybe you know more than they do.

The fans are getting fed up or some of the local soccer parents who want there kids to go to UofP, but don't play for FCPDX. I am guessing there are not a ton of "fans" on talking-soccer. It is mostly adults who want to come on here to anonymously rip on other kids.

In the 90s and early 2000's Stanford, Duke,Notre Dame called on Oregon"s best...now walk on status at mid level schools is all you boast about.

Club soccer in Oregon has lowered the ball for all college hopefuls in a state that once had bona fide players.

Well done.

Please cinti ie to post.

Comment

In the 90s and early 2000's Stanford, Duke,Notre Dame called on Oregon"s best...now walk on status at mid level schools is all you boast about.

Club soccer in Oregon has lowered the ball for all college hopefuls in a state that once had bona fide players.

Well done.

Please cinti ie to post.
                            2-5 speaks for itself. The two games with Pacific and St. Mary's
                            Are a must win for Smith. Lose both and he will be fired. Split or tie both and he might get fired

Comment

2-5 speaks for itself. The two games with Pacific and St. Mary's
                              Are a must win for Smith. Lose both and he will be fired. Split or tie both and he might get fired
                              This is Smiths final year. The game has changed so much since he started full time at UofP.
                              He coaches the game like it's 1994. Clive's coattail has disintegrated. Smith can't ride that coattail anymore. He's had plenty of time to build the program. You can't build it with FCPDX players, there isn't enough quality coming from that club.
                              I hope for the best for Smith and UofP but I'm afraid it's time to part ways.

Comment

Well done.

Please cinti ie to post.
                                Thank the Timbers. Youth soccer has gone steadily downhill ever since they decided to use it as their own piggybank.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X