Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New England NPL

Anyone hear anything about the new New England NPL alignment/structure? I wonder when they're going to announce this if at all?

Also curious as to which and Peele clubs might be getting stronger and which might be getting weaker this year, especially on the girls side. I think SSS,Breakers and GPS will stay strong or get stronger in some age groups, and Aztecs & Oakwood will be weaker.

*And which NPL ...

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Anyone hear anything about the new New England NPL alignment/structure? I wonder when they're going to announce this if at all?

Also curious as to which and Peele clubs might be getting stronger and which might be getting weaker this year, especially on the girls side. I think SSS,Breakers and GPS will stay strong or get stronger in some age groups, and Aztecs & Oakwood will be weaker.
      Staggering insight...

Comment

Staggering insight...
        Tell us what you got then.

Comment

I am not a fan of the new structure...

Comment

Talking Soccer

Has this new structure been published anywhere, or are you just going off the word of mouth.

Comment

please explain the 'new structure'.

Comment

two divisions of NPL...

group 1: Founding Teams
                group 2: Others

Top two teams in each group play for NPL title.

Comment

two divisions of NPL...

group 1: Founding Teams
                  group 2: Others

Top two teams in each group play for NPL title.
                  That's what I keep hearing (and to clarify, "others" are the top 4 teams that moved up from NEP premiership), but just wondering if they'll publish any official news of this restructuring or we all just have to wait until schedules are published and see it official then?

Comment

That's what I keep hearing (and to clarify, "others" are the top 4 teams that moved up from NEP premiership), but just wondering if they'll publish any official news of this restructuring or we all just have to wait until schedules are published and see it official then?
                    I think other will be much more than 4 teams....

Comment

the new NPL structure is up for boys at least on the NEP website.

Comment

the new NPL structure is up for boys at least on the NEP website.
                        Up for the girls now too. Other poster is right ... "other" includes more than 4 new NEP teams, and looks like about 2 crossover games between brackets.

Comment

Up for the girls now too. Other poster is right ... "other" includes more than 4 new NEP teams, and looks like about 2 crossover games between brackets.
                          That appears to be the GU14 age group only. GU15 has no NPL this fall (due to HS conflicts) and the GU13 does not appear to do any crossover games, but they stick only with their two separate NPL brackets (I guess until they have two bracket winners play each other?). Boys seems to have their own formats too. Very confusing to keep track of all the differences!

Comment

GU13 appears to have better teans in A. Some Clubs' second team are in B.

From what I can tell.

Comment

GU13 appears to have better teans in A. Some Clubs' second team are in B.

From what I can tell.
                              Yes that is the way it is for ALL NPL age groups both boys and girls. The A bracket is the Club NPL teams with the B bracket being the teams that moved up from Premiership based on last seasons results. The difference is that the U13's do not play any crossover games, whereas the U14's play 2.

And any idea why no Oakwood for the U14's? I know they have DA now, so did they just not have enough players to field a strong enough NPL team?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X